Was this last one a Pantera and was it a running car when DeTomaso closed its doors? | FerrariChat

Was this last one a Pantera and was it a running car when DeTomaso closed its doors?

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by bitzman, Jan 30, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    DeTomaso must have had a pretty shoddy PR shop when he came out with the last car, supposedly a GT coupe designed by Gandini (famous for the Miura). Owing to vagueness of reports from Italy I gather that this car was a pushmobile prototype, with no interior, but then if that's true then why when you see pictures of the abandoned factory, are there several of them scattered around in the debris? Why would they need several unless they were inproduction?And if it was a running car,what engine was in it? I can't imagine Ford getting back in bed with him...nor Qvale, who got burned on the front engined Mangusta (losing somethinglike $12 to 16 million). Anyway one complete body buck was auctioned so I'm wondering if the buyer puts in a drive train, a chassis and interior, is it really a DeTomaso or just a put together "bitsa" with a DeTomaso body?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    Had two more pictures

3. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
  4. B R

B R F1 Rookie

Aug 31, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    B R
    I wonder if that Guara ever got built up?

5. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    If it did, I am sure it had a SN so could be registered since Guaras were already on the road. It is this oddball later car that I doubt was in series production so might be hard to
    register unless you register it in Calif. as a hand built, then cold all it whatever you want