way to go drunk Ferrari driver, your famous! | FerrariChat

way to go drunk Ferrari driver, your famous!

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by azfast1, Jan 22, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ianjoub

Ianjoub Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2019
    Homosassa, FL USA
    Full Name:
    Ian Joubert
    Allegedly drunk.

2. azfast1

azfast1 Karting

Jan 10, 2004
    you are correct! Allegedly drunk!

3. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    I spend a lot of time in Scottsdale (eating) where I have noticed that ALL of the Ferrari (plus Lambo and Porsche) drivers that I have seen have been extremely well behaved. It seems that all of the overly loud Mustang GT / Charger driver types seem to be the real tools.

Shorn355 likes this.
  4. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I would agree 100% - While I can't speak for Scottsdale specifically I can for Colorado and Florida and for the most part (obviously there are exceptions but pretty much few and far between) people driving high-end exotics/sports cars drive sanely and respectfully. IMHO a combination of respect for the car, maturity and the fact that you are in a very visible car.

I think the maturity aspect is a major factor - most (again there are exceptions) people who have worked and achieved ownership of high-end cars are not in their 20s and as such is is a self-correcting problem. Generally owners understand the insurance and repair costs and understand the impact a wreck can have on the vehicle's value. For me personally (sounds cheesy) but when I drive I feel there is a certain responsibility to drive sanely and respectfully simply to not reflect negatively on the marque and other owners. I don't want other drivers saying "yep there goes the idiot in the Ferrari driving like an ass" - to me this reflects negatively on Ferrari (or Lambo/Porsche/McLaren etc.) and other owners.

It is interesting owning both exotics/sport cars and a muscle car - just to reinforce PeterS's point. Usually when driving the Ferrari I get people coming up and taking pics/videos and giving a thumbs up - when driving the Hellcat everyone wants to race and drives like as ass around me in either other muscle cars or tuner cars - just attracts a different mentality.

If the guy in Scottsdale was drunk that just exacerbates his bad judgment but doing 115 in a residential area - drunk or sober - is idiotic and dangerous and reflects negatively on all of us IMHO.

Lastly - I always find it interesting and bit annoying (but I understand) that when someone is drunk and/or doing something stupid in a Ferrari the "Ferrari" is always mentioned in the headline/body of the story - but if someone is drunk and/or doing something stupid in a Kia or VW the make is rarely mentioned. Just an observation.

At least they got him stopped and nobody was hurt - Hopefully he learns his lesson - Cheers :)

PeterS likes this.
  5. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    His famous...... what? o_O

6. PeterS

Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    You are spot on regarding the type of car that is always mentioned on the news as reporters seem to gravitate to stressing it was a Ferrari, Porshe, Lambo etc. when they have a chance and not mention what the muscle car brand was that could have more horse power.

Shorn355 likes this.
  7. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    The media mentions the car to attract ratings. People will keep watching to 1). See the car, 2) See who is driving. and/or 3) Throw jealousy/hate at the driver.

I frankly could care if some knucklehead in a Ferrari or a Mazda gets busted for a stupid human trick. Because he is driving the same make as I drive, bears no reflection on me. Much like when someone commits a gun crime, it doesn't reflect on me unless I decide to knock over a 7-11.

Most Ferraris in Scottsdale are driven at 5 under the limit impeding traffic with the driver checking his hair, sipping a latte, talking on the phone and checking to see who may be looking at him. When I was running the club, a spirited drive was to see who got pole position at the valet stand.

Every time a thread starts about something like this or someone mentioning 'going fast'.... all the self important pop their heads up to critique. If you bought a high hp/performance car to go slow, just get a scale model. If you bought it to drive as intended, enjoy it, but don't throw stones while living in a glass house.

8. PeterS

Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    And what's with three wrong-way driver head-on's on the freeways this week? I'm finding that you really have to be on your toes while driving anywhere around the valley. Red light runners and the idiots on the highways make things interesting.

9. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    And most of the wrong way drivers are usually driving a POS Kia, don't have insurance, speak English, are DUI and aren't here legally.

10. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/posts/148433450/

read this guy’s posts. Old people do irresponsible things too.