We have become a nation of women (some profanity and not for the weak) | Page 2 | FerrariChat

We have become a nation of women (some profanity and not for the weak)

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Kds, Aug 4, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Hint... in a search for your intelligence, look up your a$$. (sorry MM)

His point is that men need to be MEN, like 1700's style. But, guess what, it ain't the 1700's, is it? And that women should be thrilled that we let them go back to what they were, that the world would be a better place if it was even more male dominated, with STRONG MEN. Men who don't need drugs, men who want their kids to play cowboys and indians to learn the appropriate uses for their testosterone. Men who know how to be MEN. Not wimpy, understanding and compassionate, but domineering, dominating, all powerful, MEN.

Yep, that's what makes a MAN alright!

Does this mean you agree with is point? And if so, what, in your humble opinion, is that point, exactly?

Enlighten us *******, please.

2. Esprit

Esprit Karting

Jan 26, 2004
    CA
    WOW!! What a FREAK!.... Jeez.... This guy's going to assasinate someone soon.... trust me... Their bio's all have that same hidden message.....

3. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    DJ, i think you've misread my point... i don't agree with what this guy is saying; my "profiling" him as being clean was just a hunch - not a stab at drug users; i know plenty of past and present users who think a whole lot clearer than this dip sh_t...

4. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    So the point you are making is a druggie thinks more clearly than this guy whom might be clean?

Maybe I just don't 'get it' because I am.

5. Challenge

Challenge Formula 3

Sep 27, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Kds - great post. I agree with 90% of it (but not putting animals together to fight 'til the death, though. I never thought that was cool.) I agree that over the last several decades men have been feminized. It has happened gradually. I also can separate the humorous bits from the underlying message which, again, I agree with.

Those who oppose the contents of your original post so viscously are the ones with whom you obviously struck a chord. (dm_n_stuff)

All that said, Kim IS a girl's name.

6. Forza1

Forza1 Formula Junior

Mar 20, 2004
    California
    Sounds like that guy(writer of the article) watched Fight Club one too many times.

-DC

7. artn

artn Karting

Mar 2, 2004
    I guess I am a wimp for thinking this essay is a pile of crap, but I must admit, this is the funniest thing I read in ages!

You gotta love a man who can write great one liners such as:

"Donald Rumsfeld, if he wanted to, could fu***% of all women over 50 if he wanted to.."

The imagery of it all. It is so funny I can't get this out of this mind. ("yes Mr. Rumsfeld, we understand you'd hit Angela Lansbury like pa used to hit ma when men were real men....")

(Seriously, not very logical how his argument is laid out. Stuff is contradictory, but then again, he rambles too much w/o making reasoned arguements, making a serious critique of his essay a serious waste of time. You'd think he'd like Bill Clinton for being a "playa" putting women in their place by getting them on their knees. It's funny he makes a obligatory swipe a gangsta rap, though most of his rants are no different from some of the women hating stuff you hear in gangstarap. Also, Bush as a "man" for landing on a carrier jet? Well does Kerry win points for riding a hog w/o a helmet, like a "real man?" {cue the song, "born to be wild"} )

8. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    I'm glad the "good ole days" are long gone. Who wants to walk down the street without being robbed, buy lunch for a dollar, talk to a beautiful girl at work without being slapped with a harassment lawsuit, or make enough money at an average job to support your wife and children so that your wife can stay at home and raise those kids instead of dumping them off at a corporate run day care factory. Yeah, things are so much better now.

9. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    You best post ever IMO ... I do worry about the future of these kids. Even the mighty dollar is more important than our children now!@!.

Pete
    ps: BTW: I work and my wife is currently at home raising the kids ... because we discussed what we felt was best for everybody. Soon, for my wifes sanity ;), when we feel the kids are old enough to handle day care then my wife would like to return to some sort of work. We feel it is important that our kids can talk to us about their days at day care before we force that upon them ...

Yep we could make loads more money (er, what is left after the tax man rapes us) but is it really worth it ... why have children in the first place?

I also agree with this ... but Kim has made a mess of communicating his point with unnecessary 'a Man must be an aggressive bastard and like guns and killing animals' type comments ...

10. C. Losito

C. Losito Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2003
    Metro St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Chris Losito
    As a conservative, I tried really hard to agree with everything this man said, but alas I cannot. I will confess that I agree with parts of it, but I do not agree with much of it. I guess that puts me on the list of indoctrinated "*******".

11. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I have noticed what he is talking about. He is just not saying it right IMHO.

I think he is noticing more and more men becoming efeminate(sp?). Things like not wanting to get their hands dirty for any reason, would rather pay sombody to move a t.v, then attempt to do it himself for risk of breaking a nail. There is also now males going for maniicures and pedicures, there is make-up for men, there are now stylists like women have for their hair, men are becoming much less "macho" and rugged. They seem to becoming more and more concered with how they look and how others think of them.

There also seems to be alot of families out there that are run by the women as the captain of the home. This may also have an effect on how the son precives his position in the world. Always being told to "ask your mother" would have some sort of effect on the boy's thinking. Also haveing too much of a female influence is another big factor at an early age. Watching mom put on make-up and complaining when she breaks a nail, watching how she looks at herself in the mirrior and noticing how long it takes her to get ready to go out someplace will also have an effect on how the child thinks.

There are now men that suffer from anorexia which was always thought to be just a female problem. Me are now faced with many of the same types for pressure's women face to look a certain way. And many men fall into this. They see girls going crazy for the Backstreet boy's etc..and they want to imitate how they dress etc in hopes they will do well with the ladies.

Which bring me to this. The "pussification" of men in my eye's started with the New Kids ON the Block..and Boy's to Men and there constsnt sappy songs of love and other garbage. Women loved it and started to compare their men to the men in the bands and what they saw on T.V. So I really blame the media. Not women. Women are the same..just with more power..nothing wrong with that. I do think he has a point but many of the reason he gives are off in left field.

12. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I thought that his name, "Kim du Toit" was a dirty joke (think French pronounciation).

For those familiar with Hofstede's dimensions, he is complaining that the PC crowd is making the politics and social culture more 'feminine' on the masculinity/femininity scale. The cultures measured most feminine were Scandinavian, and the most masculine ('macho') was Japan.

Here's a chart from Hofstede's Dimensions:

Traits of Masculinity / Femininity

************* High Masculine | Low Masculine (Feminine)

social norms
    ego oriented | relationship oriented

money and things are important | quality of life and people are important

live in order to work | work in order to live

politics and economics*
    economic growth high priority | environment protection high priority

conflict solved through force | conflict solved through negotiation

religion
    most important in life | less important in life

only men can be priests | both men and women as priests

work
    larger gender wage gap | smaller gender wage gap

fewer women in management | more women in management

preference for higher pay | preference for fewer working hours

family and school
    traditional family structure | flexible family structure

girls cry, boys don’t; boys fight, girls don’t | both boys and girls cry; neither fight

failing is a disaster | failing a minor accident

13. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    Also add this to the equation: Most of the women raised in the 60s, 70s, and 80s were raised in an environment of homes with several color TV sets, air conditioning, several family cars including one for themselves when they turned 16, always plenty of food on the table, always a roof over their head, etc. In other words, compared to the generation that grew up in the 20s and 30s, the women of modern America never had much to worry about. They are affluent children who had everything, and you can bet that when they march down the aisle on their wedding day, they are NOT going to settle for a man who can provide them LESS than what they grew up with. The bar has been risen so to speak. The standard of existance is now HIGHER than when they grew up, so their man of choice had better be able to bring home more bacon than ever before. Which usually means $100,000 or more per year income and a whimpy attitude that will allow him to be bossed around and whipped into shape. Otherwise, she just goes and finds somebody else with MORE money who is willing to crawl on his belly even lower than the last guy and kiss her feet.
    But there never seems to be a shortage of candy a** guys willing to do just that. The last thing that women respect these days is a guy who simply works for a living and does his job well, whatever it might be. Money isn't everything to women, it's the ONLY thing.

14. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

Dm_n_Stuff......

The reason my head was up my ass was because I was just making sure that no LIBERALS were hiding out there and practicing their "rectal cranial inversion techniques".

Anyways.....you got the point, of that I have no question, nor do the others here evidently, but as you do not have an adequate rebuttal to it, based on facts, logic and reason....as most liberals never do.....for if that was the case you would have posted it here earlier. Touche......

Therefore, I am not going to fall into the common LIBERAL baiting trap posed by your request for enlightenment, since you are evidently unable to pick apart the original post on it's own merits....a post which you understand.

And besides.......from the replies to the thread you are also out numbered by the majority......must hurt eh ???.....being a LIBERAL and not being able to make the practice of "reverse democracy of the minority" work against your bretheren.

-----------------------

Great reply Arlie about the good old days.........I'm still laughing.........

15. AznMiaiLyn

AznMiaiLyn Rookie

Jan 21, 2004
    Newburgh
    Full Name:
    Miai
    This thread is bull****. This Kim guy obviously has some wife issues and doesn't have any clue what he is talking about. (also if you want to know Kim is a Vietnamese name and may also be French since the French did have a major inluence on Vietnam. A Vietnamese guy I know name is Kim.)

If he wants to know what it's like to live with a sexist piece of **** like he describes then I can tell you because my father *was one. My father thought that women are worthless. Growing up he would call me a *****, a piece of ****, and for some reason son. (I think it's because he doesn't like having a daughter) Imagine living in fear of your father. Telling you that you don't know anything. He may be like this because of his culture or him being in the military either way I know his thinking and views are not right.

This thread is full of men and I just want to give a womens point of view.

****Mother (not humorously): Daddy did a lot of stupid things before he met your mother.

My mom did teach my father alot of things and helped expand his mind and has helped him view things differently. I do admit that he treats us better now.

**I want our government to be more like Dad -- kind, helpful, but not afraid to punish us when we f*** up, instead of helping us excuse our actions.

I don't know why but I find this guy funny. I mean, I used to hate guys because of my father until I met Chris.

******But that's not what men do, of course. What this guy is going to do is smile ruefully, finish his cereal, and then go and f*** his secretary, who doesn't try to cut his balls off on a daily basis. Then, when the affair is discovered, people are going to rally around the castrating ***** called his wife, and call him all sorts of names. He'll lose custody of his kids, and they will be brought up by our ultimate modern-day figure of sympathy: The Single Mom.

****You know what? Some women deserve to be single moms.

Huh??? Now he just sounds like a dumbass.

*****Out there, there is a huge number of men who are sick of it. We're sick of being made figures of fun and ridicule; F*** this, I'm sick of it.
    I don't see why I should put up with this bull**** any longer -- hell, I don't see why any man should put up with this bull**** any longer.

God! What is it that you have to put up with? If he's so unhappy then why doesn't he stop watching T.V. and go out in the woods and live. Tough out nature like a real man. The world is changing and people have to deal with it. There's things that women are sick of too it's just a man doesn't experience it. We are always thought of as the "lesser" sex when actually we are all equals.

My dad is a "strong man" who is out-spoken like this guy is talking about but a "strong man" is not always the smartest man. Sometimes they need a woman to help them get things straight.

also those little stars quote Kim because I don't know how to do that copy thing.

P.S. But also living with a "stong man" can be the making of a "strong woman" which I hope I'm going to turn out to be.....hopefully

16. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Thanks for sharing your views with us Miai. Always good to hear it from the otherside.

17. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

ummmm.... yeah... good one.. You're not going to tell us what it means to you, so we can take it at face value that all he says you agree with, right?

If you'd like a rebuttal, pull your head out of your a$$ then shove it back it, that's as close to a re-buttal as you'll get from me at this point.

I've detailed my position on this article from your genius writer, I don't care if a "majority" apparently silent, here at Fcat think this crap is worthy of their adulation and support, so be it.

18. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

I manage to walk down the street without being robbed, and if you were a real man, you'd just carry a gun and waste the guy who's trying to rob you, right?

still can 99 cent meal at McDonalds.

Which, under kim's rules wouldn't happen 'cause all the women would be at home, barefoot and pregnant from their "Strong men". And, it's not about talking to them, it's about what you say to them. "How you doing" is fine, "Want to do me?" is not, and never was.

so sell your friggin' Ferrari and she won't have to work. Have one TV instead of six, a three bedroom house instead of 5, one car, not three. Give up some creature comforts if that's the way you feel. My wife is home now, helping to raise 4 good kids.

On that we can agee, despite your sarcastic tone.

Hmm, polio and small pox are virtually gone, cancer doesn't automatically mean a death sentence, you can get from here to there faster, and safer than ever. TV is High def, for that matter, we have TV at all, we're on the internet, talking about this stuff in the 1st place, you don't have to grow your own food, unless you want to, women and blacks can vote, we have freedoms that no other country has.

Yep, if fact, things are MUCH BETTER NOW.

19. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    Good point. Maybe that's exactly why 35 states and counting now have concealed carry weapons permits.

Are you actually serious? Are you daring to compare a McDonalds Happy Meal or a cardboard tasting kangeroo burger with a genuine 4 choice plate lunch? Didn't you make a film about McDonalds this summer when you gained 40 pounds?

I know a guy who was fired for harrassment from a $75,000 a year job without even being given the chance to meet his accuser face to face. He was simply called into the boss's office, told about the situation, then fired. No explanations, no meetings, nothing. If it weren't for the fact that he had 2 better job offers within a few weeks, he probably would have been calling his lawyer.

Man are you out of touch. There are guys out there who are driving a 30 year old Chevy who can't make ends meet even if their wife IS working to help support the kids. They will never own a new Chevy; much less a Ferrari.

Tell the people who died on 9/11/01 how much better things are now. It sorta doesn't matter what kind of great health you're in or what kind of freedoms you have if terrorists are killing people in wholesale lots and the nation's capital is starting to look like an armed fortress do to all the necessary security requirements.

20. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nice, more fat guy jokes. Takes a great and clever MAN to take that tack. But, actually no I have not gained any weight this summer, but thanks for worrying about me.

Then it was probably his good fortune to get fired. Got a better job in a few weeks. And he could have hired a good lawyer to defend his position, and if he was unjustly fired, won big.

I'm far from out of touch. I understand there is poverty out there, people working for minimum wage, etc. Geez, maybe if Kerry gets elected, we can raise that up some.

So, if "MEN" weren't "pussified", we'd have no terroritsts?

I didn't infer or imply that the thousands of families affected by 9/11 or post 9/11 terrorism have it better than the did before 9/11. WHAT I SAID WAS WE HAVE MORE AVAILABLE TO US, BETTER HEALTH, OPPORTUNITIES and FACILITIES than 100 years ago, or 50 years ago.

21. 400SPYDER

400SPYDER F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2004
    Kent, England
    Full Name:
    kevan
    I'm glad I'm a man, you better believe.
    I don't live off of yogurt, diet coke, or cottage cheese.
    I don't b1tch to my girlfriends about the size of my breasts.
    I can get where I want to - north, south, east or west.
    I don't get wasted after only 2 beers,
    and when I do drink I don't end up in tears.
    I won't spend hours deciding what to wear.
    I spend 5 minutes max fixing my hair.
    And I don't go around checking my reflection
    in everything shiny from every direction.
    I don't whine in public and make us leave early,
    and when you ask why get all bitter and surly.
    I'm glad I'm a man, I'm so glad I could sing.
    I don't have to sit around waiting for that ring.
    I don't gossip about friends or stab them in the back.
    I don't carry our differences into the sack.
    I'll never go psycho and threaten to kill you
    or think every guy out there's trying to steal you.
    I'm rational, reasonable, and logical too.
    I know what the time is and I know what to do.
    And I honestly think its a privilege for me
    to have these two balls and stand when I pee.
    I live to watch sports and play all sorts of ball.
    It's more fun than dealing with women after all.
    I won't cry if you say it's not going to work.
    I won't remain bitter and call you a jerk.
    Feel free to use me for immediate pleasure.
    I won't assume it's permanent by any measure.
    Yes, I'm so very glad I'm a man, you see.
    I'm glad I'm not capable of child delivery.
    I don't get all b1tchy every 28 days.
    I'm glad that my gender gets me a much bigger raise.
    I'm a man by chance and I'm thankful it's true.
    I'm so glad I'm a man and not a woman like you!

22. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    That was beautiful *weeps* (in a MANLY way)

It was bad enough when wimmenfolk were allowed to vote *snicker* - but the US went to hell in a handbasket not when Alan Alda became the Anti-Male Chauvinist Pig-Spokesmodel but worse IMHO, - when Merlin Olsen, former He-Man Defensive Tackle for L.A. Rams, started wearing pink sweaters to advertise FTD (Florists' Transworld Delivery). I remember watching that ad for the first time as I recouped from the previous evening while my folks were going about their post-Church routine, and saying "WTF!?" Pop, who doesn't cuss and doesn't like hearing "French" - especially on Sundays - came in the room about ready to whap me upside the head - saw it too and said "What the hell is he doing wearing a pink sweater? Pick-me-up bouquet? Yeah, maybe you can pick someone up in San Francisco, sweetheart." Then went into his standard monologue about San Francisco falling into the ocean and the always amusing "Those Hollywood Celebrities put that CO-caine on their food like it's sugar." Though unbeknownst to him I could still "taste" the previous night's "snowstorm" in my own nasal passages, I knew it was Male Bonding between Father and Son in a good, wholesomely Macho way on any given Sunday.

23. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    No, that's totally not the point i was trying to make and i think you're taking what i was saying a little out of context...

24. vvvmd

vvvmd F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2003
    close to the Hub
    Full Name:
    Victor Villarreal
    As a first year med student in the 70's at Harvard Medical School I was asked to attend a dinner meeting for Radcliffe students. Back then the two schools had merged but still had a bit of a separate identity. The jist of the meeting which had mostly women students was that men would be much happier if the were acted and thought more like women! Imagine going to a group of people and telling them they would be much happier if they acted like someone who is very different then them.
    Imagine telling your wife girlfriend mistress etc. that she would be much happier if she acted and thought more like you!
    That concept is flawed but now has become accepted as politically correct by many people. Things that are considered masculine are viewed as bad things that are femenine are good.
    Womens groups who would castrate a rapist to control his hormonaly driven crimnal activity will come to the defense of a woman that drowns five of her children as a result of a hormone induce postpartum depression.
    A couple of years ago there was a line of clothes for grade school girls. These clothes had captions on them like "Boys are Stupid Hit Them With a Rock". The clothes were pulled after some protest but the manufacturer couldn't figure out what all the fus was about. they said it was all in fun. What would hav happened if the clothes made fun of girls?
    Face it boys being anti-male is politically correct.

25. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Good post.

In the end Women do not understand Men ... but think they do and should have control.

Men do not understand Women, and accept that this is impossible and move on.

Who is more right?

The only other thing I will say ... is I have 3 sons (2 older teenager step sons and one 2 year old). They are all stupid ;). The oldest will quite happily throw a rock or anything without thinking at just about anything ... especially his younger brother. The middle son lives in a void and I am constantly amazed he can find his feet to put his shoes on ;) ... and the youngest is by far the worlds biggest Thomas the Tank engine fan, and God help anybody (like his sister) if anybody touches his trains, unless they are participating in a game he has set up.

Thus in the end, males until they reach some sort of maturity, DO really put out this image of being stupid ... because in many cases they are! It takes way too long for the average male to start grasping concepts like, if I jump off this cliff I will hurt myself ... very sad to watch, and quite amazing from where I sit ...

They are intelligent, just well below par on common sense!

Pete