Wear indicators for CCM brakes? | FerrariChat

Wear indicators for CCM brakes?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Il Co-Pilota, Mar 19, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Hi guys

Anyone know if it is possible to purchase some wear indicators for the CCM brake setups? Normally they come with the pads, but for those of us who run aftermarket pads, there's nothing. The old ones can be used, but it's nice to know new can be had if they fail. Looks like kind of a generic part and as if the sensor for the 812, 488, Pista, 458 etc is the same, but not sure what the Brembo part number would be. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

2. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
  3. F612

F612 Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2018
    Leeds,AL
    Full Name:
    David D. Hood
    I don’t think the CC disc is conductive to the wear indicator won’t work.
    If you have less than 100K miles, they aren’t worn.

4. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    100k miles? Really?Have you any experience with this at all? I can tell you that those of us whom run OE CCM discs on 488's, Pistas etc. on track, can wear the discs in 5-10000 km. As for pads, I can wear a set of OE 488/Pista pads over the course of a weekend and 500-700 km.

I'm talking about wear indicators for the pads as I'm using non-OE Pagid RSC2 pads. They don't use the same style wear indicators as the iron rotors which creates a connection on the disc once the pad is worn. The CCM cars uses a different system.

5. F612

F612 Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2018
    Leeds,AL
    Full Name:
    David D. Hood