What do you think of this 991 Turbo S? | FerrariChat

What do you think of this 991 Turbo S?

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by 3POINT8, Apr 23, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
  2. richard_wallace

richard_wallace Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    Looking at doing the same for my DD.. Was waffling over this or an Ferrari FF.. I am worried about maintenance and potential downtime on the FF as a DD, so thinking going the same route with the Turbo S. Having poured through the other Porsche sites, video reviews, etc. I think it will make a good DD. I live in Ohio, so I am going to opt for the non-center hub wheels and do the standard 5 lug version. I want to get some aftermarket wheels for the snow tires, and there are a lot more options with the standard lug, and also every tool I have - which is about everything - expect for the high torque wrench for the center lug version :) Might not be a concern of yours, if not in a place where there is need for snow tires. I am opting to get a second set of wheels and not mount/remount on the same rims every spring/winter.

I have been looking at this one at Marshal Goldman - I like the all beige interior (including the steering wheel). Different.

https://www.marshallgoldman.com/inventory/used-2014-porsche-911-turbo-s-all-wheel-drive-coupe-wp0ad2a99es166305

They also have a few that you might want to look at, pretty low miles and a few 991.1 and .2 turbo s for sale. Good dealer to buy from imo, but do not negotiate a ton.

3. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Overpriced at almost 20k miles.
    I would keep looking.

4. Innovativethinker

Innovativethinker F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2009
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mark Smith
    Get the cabriolet. Dropping the top is half the fun of the 911

5. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    thanks for the suggestions!

6. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    I check other listings and kbb and this seems to be about right according to that. at the same time i tend to agree with you that at almost 20k the price tag seems steep. the miles don't scare me as i intend to DD it and i've owned a few Porsches and there's not much to worry about maintenance wise. that said what do you think a fair price for this would be $130k?

7. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    That would be very fair price considering the mileage, how many miles/year do you put on a car?
    I have a personal phobia of driving any car beyond the factory warranty, had an engine blow up in my then new E55, bill was over $40k.
    Without warranty you could find yourself in a world of hurt.....

8. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    I have a short commute so its about 7500 miles a year. i put 85k on my last porsche no problem. sorry to hear about your troubles

9. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    this was a trade in. anyone have a guess what the dealer paid for it?

10. Testarossa Lover

Testarossa Lover F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    What went wrong?

11. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Fuel pump disintegrated (causing enough damage to write the entire engine off) the while the car was idling at a Red light.
    Not yet broken in, just 600 miles on the clock