News

What do you think of this Idea

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by andrewg, Mar 13, 2004.

1. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    Ok.

just got off the phone with a Dealer I know, even though he's not into Ferraris he's been offered a very rough (at least bodily) 400gti manual for very little money, I was thinking of parting it out for spares (have learnt that 400 body spare parts are just to rare and expensive to justify a re-build at thier current value)
    or
    Stripping the body off and putting a Daytona Spider kit body on over the top, somebody did this a few years ago but I cant find the article.

Any ideas / thoughts would be welcome

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Surely one of the Jag-based replica bodies would fit with a little encouragment and adaptation?

EVO magazine did an article on Ferrari replicas (inc Jag XJ12 based Daytona spyder) a few months back- I'll look it up if you're interested.

Autokraft did the Spyder conversions of the coupe, but I don't suppose that's much help.

Anyway, sounds like a fun project to me...

4. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    Robert

The Evo article would be a great help, at least if I can put a replica body on it its 1 more car spared from the breakers (or e-bay bit by bit!)

5. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Andrew,

From EVO Feb '04...

"Recognised as the best of the Daytona replicas, it was built by EG Autokraft, a company that turned original Daytona coupes into spiders but, when that market dried up, turned to building replicas"

The article was by Martin Buckley.

I also found this on the Web, who are also quoted in the article:

http://www.daytonareplicaclub.co.uk

These guys I dare say could point you in the right direction.

Good luck in your quest to save an Fcar from an sad end in bits on ebay!

Robert.