What do you think of this Porsche? | FerrariChat

What do you think of this Porsche?

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by allanlambo, Mar 30, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bkaird1

bkaird1 Karting

Nov 7, 2003
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Brad
    Is that the new VDubarossa??? :)

2. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    I think you need to wear a gold chain with a medallion the size of a dinner plate to be able to drive it.

3. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    it was one of my favorite cars in the late 80's.

4. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Sir mix-a-lot had one just like it I think. (cant remember if his was white or black though)

I dont really like it

In the words of Sir-Mix-alot
    "Im in a funky as$ Porsche Gemballa,
    No b*tc*es just women round my collar."

Also another sir Mix-A-Lot song entitled Testarossa.
    "Turbo Koenig doing 230 up on ya,
    IM YOUR TESTAROSSA rossa rossa rossa." I love that song.

5. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Vanilla Ice had one.

6. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    The side strakes, rear-wing, and rear windshield surround are a bit over the top, but Gemballa work on Porsches seems to be impressive. If they car more of a speedster look (elongated, more pronounced back, lowered front windscreen, more subtlety, less "loudness" in styling) then it would be awesome. The color is nice enough, but a bit soft. Black, dark blue or bright red or yellow would be nicer, no?

Price is also too high, I think. But I am sure it's negotiable.

7. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    His was a cabrio, right?

8. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Yes. I have the Dupont Registry with it on the cover. He claimed to have paid 600,000 for it.

9. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    I'm sorry, but I LOVE IT in all it's 80's over-the-top tackiness!

Luke.

10. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    The only car I picture Vanilla Ice driving is a White 93 5.0 Mustang. I think it suits him well considering they both suck.

11. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast
    #12 Hubert, Mar 30, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Allan, now youre taking ques from Vanilla dip****... c'mon. You can get a NICE 930 for 30kish, and monster 930 for 40kish. The reworked street 930's can get ridiculous #'s (something you've got a fetish for.)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. formula1joe

formula1joe Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe Bennett
    I have always loved the slant nose, but the side TR wanna be scoops and funky rear window valence has got to go. But if I had the money and a license in the 80's, I would have definitely bought this car.

13. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    That color almost looks iek Primer. yick.

14. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

I hope Tom has that Gemballa car on consignment........how do you put a real number on something like that anyways ?!?!

I remember that car as it was in a feature magazine article back in the late 80's..........the pearl white paint is nice.........

15. alanhenson

alanhenson Formula 3

Dec 2, 2003
    I loved the car in the 80s also, but it has aged poorly. Too gawdy. Was cool when I was 16 though.

16. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Yeah, the Plamyra, NJ Lambo/Bentley dealership had a cabrio for sale like 7 years ago.

17. Fastviper

Fastviper F1 Rookie

Nov 20, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Dash
    the convertable that vanilla (however you spell it ) ice had was my dream car (besides the ferrari of course) in high school I was going to buy a old 911 and put the slant nose on but never did maybe thats a good thing.

john

the ferrari was way out of my league then.

18. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Me too, that man's a POET!!!

19. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    I love the Gemballa line, Avalanche, Cyrus, et al. they made some awesome cars. I saw an Avalanche in candy-apple red in Portofino one summer, bad ass car, the paint was like a mirror, 4 - exhaust pipes, awesome sound!! Rinspeed made some good ones also, and DP Motorsport had a bad 935 for the street.

20. C. Losito

C. Losito Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2003
    Metro St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Chris Losito
    I like the slantnose and the 968, you can have the rest. I still think you should get a Viper, Allan. Having second thoughts?

21. anotherguy

anotherguy F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2004
    As a general rule, when looking at things I am uncertain I how I feel about, I usually ask myself, WWVID, or What Would Vanilla Ice Do. I then do the exact opposite.

I always loved the slantnose but I don't really like what they have done to the sides or the tail. I would have to question the claim of 450hp/200mph+ as well. The RUF Yellowbird CTRs could indeed break 200 mph, but it had another 100 hp over the one in the link. So one of two things is more than likely true, they don't know what the power output of the car is, over they have overestimated the top speed. I could be wrong, but I would be suprised...

-ag

22. Mojo

Mojo Formula 3

Sep 24, 2002
    Washington St.
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    TOO GODDY

23. matkat

matkat Formula 3

Mar 18, 2003
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Dave McGuire
    There was one of these parked in the appartment complex I lived in Madrid,it is awful the oics do not do it justice as it looks "okay" in them take my word for it this has to be one of the worlds most ugly cars.

24. labcars

labcars Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2003
    Phila. + Scottsdale
    IIRC, the car was bought for $70,200 (including buyer's premium) at Barrett-Jackson this year. It's a little too '80's for me, but as they say, there's an a$$ for every seat! I'm sure it will find a happy home, but at somewhat less than the current asking, or we're all in the wrong business given those kinds of margins!