What Happened with Dino Values!!! | Page 11 | FerrariChat

What Happened with Dino Values!!!

Discussion in '206/246' started by 4CamGT, Mar 23, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
  2. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    in person it is spectacular. no brown at all.
    it would be my choice over the current silver and i do like the current silver color.

3. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    we have a local 275gtb SN in that color(amaranto) and it is beautiful. maybe someone can link a picture of it here. owner is PE

4. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
  5. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
  6. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    My first thought when seeing the paint chip was "Maroon", but once I took it outside, it was definitely more of a brown than I first thought. Maybe "Scab Brown" sounds terrible, but it was the only descriptor I could think of. I definitely agree, this would probably look awesome in person.

7. Martyt

Martyt Formula Junior

Jan 7, 2022
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Martin
    LOVE the color!!

8. UroTrash

Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    Ok.

I’ll say it.

What everyone has fleetingly thought but doesn’t want to say out loud.

Considering BaT’s capacity to bring the eyeballs (and wallets), could this Dino’s hammer price have two commas?

9. Martyt

Martyt Formula Junior

Jan 7, 2022
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Lots of people out there with a lot of disposable income— spending $1M on a Dino or well over $2M for a Miura is no biggie— walk around money. I can see the 800 or into the 900s— it really depends on having enough determined people. This is a documented C/F car— very nice restoration with relatively minor correction items if you don’t include a respray— at least the color is a period Dino color.

10. Martyt

Martyt Formula Junior

Jan 7, 2022
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Martin
    That said, this car had a $370K restoration and because I don’t think you can touch a driver C/F for less than $600K, then ya, maybe 7 figures.

JAM1 likes this.
  11. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    A Chairs and Flares that has lots of needs is definitely not cheap.

The cost to redo it and the two years timeframe before you even get to enjoy it, it has been a while since a car like this has come up for sale publicly.

A non-flare car of this caliber recently sold in a private transaction. It is one of the most expensive Dino’s sold recently

12. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    What did that one sell for ?

13. Martyt

Martyt Formula Junior

Jan 7, 2022
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Actually a $331K restoration but you get the gist. Correct Shawn— lots of private sales that few people hear about— you see this a lot in my former Corvette world where special cars like L88s get sold.

14. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    An F-Chatter sold it and an F-Chatter bought it. I will leave it to them to chime in.

15. Martyt

Martyt Formula Junior

Jan 7, 2022
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Martin
    I doubt they will chime in— private sales usually want to be kept private. I know a broker who arranged the sale of a 67’ L88 Corvette (only 20 made). Even he would not tell me the price— he only said more than highest public auctions at the time— which would be north of $3.8M as I recall. Oh, the car is in an undisclosed location in CA.

Edward 96GTS and 375+ like this.
  16. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    A US Spec Dino that sold a couple of months ago needing lots of addressing.

If you were to actually find a Chairs and Flares car as a candidate to start restoration, this is a good case point. Add in time, additional costs due to current costs (not 2018-19), and whatever unknowns.

The body of the subject Dino is amazingly nice, that isn’t the case more often than not.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. DLB11

DLB11 Rookie

Feb 19, 2022
    Full Name:
    Darryl Bourne
    Good morning Tx246. I have been watching / reading your comments on BaT for some time. I too am a Dino owner...actually bought one from your neck of the woods last summer (Jose @ Driver Source). I had left it in Houston for the last year as our son was finishing up high school at Memorial and wanted to be able to drive it when I was down there for the year.

On the C&F listing on BaT, you mention something about owning "the original delivery records" for that car. Is this something you have for all Dino's?

I can be reached at [email protected] or on my mobile at 403.630.4188.

I look forward to hearing back from you,

Darryl

18. Fynmere

Fynmere Rookie

Nov 10, 2020
    Full Name:
    Peter M
    The seller of the BaT C&F 246 GTS (chassis 07826) at $600k now posted that "We have an exceptional 73 246GT which was restored by Fast Cars Ltd which will follow this Dino" on BaT. So the pipeline of Dino 246 on that auction site will continue. Further Silver Arrow Cars suggests that it too will be a no reserve offering.

Just my opinion but I don't see an $800k let alone a seven-figure value appearing here, but will it break the auction record? Likely as its rather close to that water mark.

19. UroTrash

Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    Welcome to the forum!

You may consider sending Shawn a PM and asking the mods to remove your post since it contains your contact info in an open forum. Just a thought.

20. Martyt

Martyt Formula Junior

Jan 7, 2022
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Martin
    BaT Dino up to $675 now

21. LUPO71

LUPO71 Rookie

Jun 28, 2022
    FLORIDA
    It's up to $675k by someone who went to physically see the car in person. I have a fully restored 1971 246 GT and can tell you I would NOT selll if for $675k....and mine is Red Book Certified. It will be interesting to see where this one lands and they have a GT soon after this GTS that will go on the block.

Martyt likes this.
  22. Martyt

Martyt Formula Junior

Jan 7, 2022
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Martin
    I prefer a GT in terms of uninterrupted lines. My 72 is not fully restored but all original except for a respray to original color— never selling for really any price.

23. LUPO71

LUPO71 Rookie

Jun 28, 2022
    FLORIDA
    So, we both have a Dino and a 328 ...i go by AMALF1 on BaT . i am in south florida, where are located? I laughed when I replied to your post and noticed the name.

24. Martyt

Martyt Formula Junior

Jan 7, 2022
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Martin
    So you’re AMALF1 !!! Martyt is my call sign on BaT. San Diego!

Yep, a Dino and a 328– perfect combo!

I think there will be big money chasing the BaT Dino— we shall see where it ends up

we should start a pool— closest to the pin— not sure what the winner should get

my number is $825K

25. LUPO71

LUPO71 Rookie

Jun 28, 2022
    FLORIDA
    $825k? that would be sick. My 328 is also a 1986 GTS full eurospec. I drive it a couple of times a ,month, it has 13k miles on it. fully documented and I am the 4th owner and also 4th owner on the Dino (which I found and bought in Italy, it's a full Italian spec car). The Dino only has 800 miles on it since it's frame off restoration by a famous European restorer. It's Blu Scuro and the 328 is Rosso Corsa.