News

What happens if LaFer battery goes flat?

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by schein609, Jun 19, 2015.

1. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Rookie
    Sponsor

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    Steve F
    Thank you for your insight , following your suggestion, we were provided a Braille CF replacement battery.

Question I have is, what did you do to by-pass the lead directly next to the negative post , that plugs into the OEM battery as noted in the photo below?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Rookie
    Sponsor

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    Steve F
    Also, FWIW , the OEM battery is 95% of the cost , the labor is minimal to R&R + reset procedure after battery replacement.

The OEM two batteries I have replaced in the past several years were $11,014.08 and $12,556.05 + shipping ( Part # 323568 )

S

3. Red Sled

Red Sled Formula Junior

I learnt from a LaFerrari owner friend who is having his KERS battery replaced currently that the natural lifespan of the battery chemistry is apparently around 10 years but reduces with discharge cycles and sitting uncharged. His is an early car, so if true, we should be seeing a many more battery replacements over the coming 2-5 years.

4. F40-R

F40-R Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 22, 2014
    No battery lasts forever.

I’m currently having the dealer provide a health check as they’re no longer under warranty... Happy Days!

5. Lou Cerchio

Lou Cerchio Rookie

Jan 20, 2020
    Full Name:
    Louis Cerchio
    This was very helpful. Our LaFerrari is charging now.

Camlet1 likes this.
  6. pappy.72

pappy.72 Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2010
    Elgin, IL
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Does this work for the LaFerrari? The EPA classifies hybrid batteries under emissions equipment, requiring manufacturers to warranty them for eight years and 100,000 miles. Some states, like California, require emissions equipment to be covered for ten years and 150,000 miles. If the battery fails within warranty range, your total replacement cost is zero.