What is the prettier 246 GT or GTS? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

What is the prettier 246 GT or GTS?

Discussion in '206/246' started by open roads, Oct 25, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Which is the prettier 246, GT or GTS ?

1. Coupe

2. Spider

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. racerboy9

racerboy9 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    The GT will always be the purest form of the Dino but the GTS is no slouch either. If Ferrari only made the GTS I think it would still be a wowie car. Remember Ferrari was competing against Porsche 911s that also had a targa version. On a nice day the open top really adds to the driving enjoyment.

2. I like the coupe better, same with the 308's. Lovely design on both though.

3. mcimino

mcimino Formula 3

Oct 5, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    #28 mcimino, Oct 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. rynoshark

rynoshark Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 6, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    That's easy: Kate and the GT

ShineKen likes this.
  5. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    To me the GTS does not even factor as a pretty car but the GT is to die for. Almost too beautiful.

6. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #31 synchro, Oct 26, 2012
    Agreed, which is how I voted, but the new first time poster here has hit a nerve intentionally and the phrasing was meant to reel us in, which has been successful.

I too feel the GT is the "prettier" hence why The LeMay museum has chosen a GT to impound in their museum display for ages undriven.
    </ducking>

BUT for the purpose of driving I beg to differ. When running in a friends GT my head hits the headliner (I'm 5' 10"), I feel cramped and it has none of the wonderful open topped driving experience and exhaust feedback the GTS has.

Bottom line: GT is the prettier, but Enzo meant for these cars to be driven and the GTS excels in that regards.

PS - had he been a seasoned Dino-phile, the original poster would have mentioned the Euro version which we all know is the purest form of them all
    :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    GT, 206/246 + Knockoffs.

Regards, Alberto

8. rosso dino

rosso dino Karting

Mar 5, 2009
    +1

9. toggie

toggie F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Toggie (Ron)
    I've always fancied the blue 246 GTS cars myself.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_B1xGJNJnY[/ame]

10. abstamaria

abstamaria F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2006
    Full Name:
    Andres
    For comparable Ferraris, my choice is the 206SP. (Like Urotrash, I'm a huge fan of the 275LM and prefer it to the GTO. But it is not a pretty car. That's true of the Stratos, too.)

Andres

11. dgt

dgt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 14, 2011
    Northeast, USA & Oz
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Finally!!!
    GT - Real Dinos' have knockoffs :)

12. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Agree,

GT anytime much sleeker, i dont like the rear bulkhead area on the GTS.

It's glory is that it still turns heads after 40 years

13. ENZOSON

ENZOSON Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2004
    Erie, Colorado
    Full Name:
    PIETRO
    #38 ENZOSON, Oct 27, 2012
  14. open roads

open roads F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Sarasota, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Stan
    ^ That's just about perfect IMO. I like the GT more in the sense of being prettier. Non flares, euro turn signals up front and no US side marker lights.

I prefer the longer cars. The extra length makes the cars more sultry and seductive. Not to hijack my own thread, but what characterizes the euro cars besides the turn signals and side markers? Smaller chrome bumpers?

To the poll.

Current results.

Coupes 61
    Spiders 22

15. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    On US cars the bumpers are the same as the Euro so the only immediate visual clues are:

Euro - Flush indicator lights on the front
    Euro - no side markers except for the small round ones on the fenders
    Euro - Orange turning indicators on the back as opposed to red ones on the US cars. US cars also add red reflectors on the back.

These are the MAIN exterior clues.

16. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    After some thought, and although both gorgeous, I now prefer the look of the GT, and they do look great in silver or yellow.

17. MarkJ

MarkJ Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2006
    NW Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Mark Jones
    I love the rear quarter windows of the GT. The rear pillar of the GTS looks bulky to me by comparison. Both are astoundingly beautiful cars, but the GT is terminally pretty. I agree with the poster who said that both belong in the top ten prettiest cars on the planet.

18. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    206GT Nuff said.

19. Chairs and Flares

Nov 15, 2011
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Few would argue that the GT is more attractive and I'm sure the poll will demonstrate the point. However, top off crusing, with great engine noise and wind in your hair, is undeniably awesome. Most cars that offer both hard and soft tops are more attractive with the hard top. Again, few would argue. The real questoin is whether the fun of open top driving outweighs the beauty of a top that can't be removed. Personally, I'll take the wind in my hair (though less hair than when my Dino was born).

20. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #45 synchro, Oct 28, 2012
    I thought the front bumpers which terminate the rubber trim before they turn into the grill, the body colored bumper mount posts and inset rear bumper end caps were main indicators of a Euro version.

I've never seen these declared as Euro in a factory publication just going off of patterns that I've seen in the last 20+ years, so I could be wrong.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. 4CamGT

4CamGT F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2004
    Southern California
    #46 4CamGT, Oct 28, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
    Few would argue the "GT" being the "sexier" silhouette. Both are beautiful. The "GT" reflects the purist Italian emotion!

Freeman

22. Chairs and Flares

Nov 15, 2011
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Michael
    As mentioned in my prior post, beauty is not the question - GT wins. I belive the current poll is about 3 to 1 in favor of the GT. The next poll should ask whether the added fun of the GTS outweighs the fact that it is slightly less attractive. At 6'2", there are some other advantages, too!

23. 4CamGT

4CamGT F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2004
    Southern California
    The real question is, do you dream of a Dino because it is practical or because it "stirs your soul"? I was smitten by the GT because of it's perfect complete sexy aesthetic, the amazing sound of the 4 cam V6, the light direct feel, seeing those fender haunches from the driver's seat, the curved rear glass complimented by the view out the side quarter windows and the diminutive small size. To me it is perfection that cannot be bettered (outside of maybe driving down the Mulsanne in a 917) . It is a magic once in a lifetime moment. It is complete.

Freeman

24. GIOTTO

GIOTTO F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Dec 30, 2006
    France
    Or maybe in a 312P ?

25. SamuliS

SamuliS Formula Junior

Aug 23, 2008
    Finland, Helsinki
    Full Name:
    Samuli S
    Tried to search but didnt find, is there picture of GTS side profile with top on. I would like to see how much it differs from GT.

Cheers
    Samuli