458 - What is your daily driver? | Page 23 | FerrariChat

458 What is your daily driver?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by eskanday, May 16, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sargepug

Sargepug Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2020
    NYC
    Gotta tell ya though in my NYC accent, we welcome the change of seasons. Each of the 4 seasons, instills its own energy! I could never live in a perpetual / monotonous seasonal location, only visit!

PS, huge storm coming to NYC on Wed, dumping 1.5 feet by Thursday! Believe it or not, its exciting!

Wikdstrate likes this.
  2. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #552 Shadowfax, Dec 12, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
    Agree, for a two door coupe as a town car it'd be hard to go past the 992. It has the lot. A mate of mine bought one recently and loves it. Drives it everywhere with no issues, which is exactly what you want when you spend at this level. It may not have the attraction of the Ferrari but this is where the 992 shines. It still looks amazing yet doesn't draw the attention every 5 seconds which is not what you want doing town/work duties. I never had a problem anywhere around town or driving my tts into office everyday for 4 years but I guarantee if it were the Ferrari I'd have had some unwelcome problems to deal with - no question. Horses for courses as they say! And boy that 911 is a real problem solver in so many ways, I couldn't count.

And on that GT2. Now that car is a serious problem solver, but not ideal around town. It can be driven around town but it draws too much attention and isn't at the 992's level of dealing with the general duties in the same comfort and style.

GT2goneF likes this.
  3. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    Yeah, everybody has a Butzi Beetle !

4. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I have the change of seasons, all four. I have fall, not as beautiful as it can be. However, I happen to be very lucky and if I want to see the fall in it's full capacity or see snow, all I have to do is drive 45 min up the mountain and experience it all without having to suffer living through it. Like I said, I am glad some do. It isn't for me. Not anymore.

5. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Yep there's no flies on the butzi beetle. Plenty on other other cars less endowed though.

6. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Most people do not know the difference between a GT2 and a Turbo S. RS are an obvious exception.

7. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Not sure how people perceptive the differences but i'd've thought the big wing and super low front splitter was a dead set give away. Having a bright coloured Gt2rs also helps with the publics education lesson of which model holds more clout. The tts otoh is fairly regular looking in comparison to the other model 911's nowadays. And this is often a good thing. TTS is the ultimate stealth bomber. A true problem solver in every sense of the word.

GT2goneF likes this.
  8. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    We will ignore the engine location LOL

9. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I agree. That is why I have always loved the Turbo S. It is nearly a regular appearing 911 until you step on it and then you realized you messed around with the wrong car. Believe it or not. Most people can't tell the difference between GT2 and any other 911 unless they see them side by side. The RS versions are obviously recognized because of the super big wings, wide body and other details. They still know it is a 911 but it is a "racing" 911. I believe the 997 GT2 kept it's more civilized appearance compared to the RS and therefore, more difficult to tell apart, lets say, from a Turbo S ,which is also carries quite a presence.

Shadowfax likes this.
  10. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Actually you shouldn't. This is the undoing of so many as they helplessly watch it go past them.

11. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Yes your white Gt2 will certainly blend right in. Correct.

12. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    Good thing they came up with the Cayenne to save them from death then ! A million of them no less.

13. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Who knows how many? No sure what your objective is here, but assuming you mean cayenne has allowed Porsche the means to develop their sports-car range then pity Ferrari didn't get on the SUV boat back then as it would have allowed the means to deliver what they are still yet to do to date. And boy the F1 gig would be costing an absolute packet to run with little else to draw funds other than from overcharging the willing victims in pursuit of the badge....and essentially a dream. Dont get me wrong Ferrari is still a great car but boy sure is lagging in many areas one tends to expect when they part with this level of ticket.

Porsche otoh and is now onto 3rd generation of Cayenne... widely acclaimed by most as the best driving SUV on todays market. No wonder they are laughing having a full division dedicated just to GT cars.

Finlander likes this.
  14. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    My objective is to tweak Pcar owners on Fchat threads just in case they forget which forum they were posting on ! All in good fun. And it is a million BTW, just announced by Porsche.

15. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Continue with the tweaking then! Otoh Pcar owners dont need to tweak fcar owners as they’ve already been tweaked! As an Fcar owner and a Pcar owner its hard to ignore.

And a million? Just imagine how Ferrari could improve their sports cars with a million sales of purosange!

16. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    TBH, Ferrari continue to be extremely profitable without the Purosangue and this has been true for a long time, while others rebadge Audis with a body kit.

nicholasn and Jaguar36 like this.
  17. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #567 Shadowfax, Dec 12, 2020
    Thats only because they are charging so much for what they actually give you in the first place. And at least that Audi with a body kit gives a decent sound even if you cant fit in it propery or see out of it. And at the right angle it looks as good/exotic! Again some of these cars are all just about selling a dream the next guy cant afford to live. When in reality they dont deliver nearly as high as the price tag suggests it will/should. I think this is where that butzi beetle of yours always comes out in front.:)

18. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    I'll buy one of those Audis the day hell freezes over !! Back to VW chat for you !!

19. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Probably only because you are still holding out for "that day" where that damn Audi isn't able to spank your little red wagon....along with that butzi beetle :)

Btw are you and zeus sharing the same bottle of koolaid? I hear it's a very large bottle - apparently the size of a keg.

Boomhauer likes this.
  20. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I dare to say that the majority of Ferrari owners have or have had at some point a Porsche in the lives. So, pretty much preaching to the choir.

tomc and Shadowfax like this.
  21. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #571 Shadowfax, Dec 12, 2020
    Exactly. But evidently that's something a few here haven't cottoned onto yet. I don't need to name names.:D But it involves the drinking of copious amounts of Koolaid if you get my drift. And of course includes the drawing upon and endless trawling of internet pages along with some car magazine reading. Apparently this makes one an expert without having to put one's hand into one's pocket too deeply - particularly when one has very short arms and very long pockets.

22. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    Keg ? Surely you mean barrel ! After all, I have 3...

23. Kalebak

Kalebak Rookie

Sep 12, 2020
    Boston
    Full Name:
    John
    Maggio23, Boomhauer, eskanday and 5 others like this.
  24. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
  25. Lupo

Lupo Rookie

Jul 25, 2007
    Lugano - Switzerland
    Sargepug, tomc and GT2goneF like this.