What Not To Do In Hawaii | Page 2 | FerrariChat

What Not To Do In Hawaii

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by Glassman, Jan 17, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F355steve

F355steve Formula 3

Apr 9, 2008
    Honolulu - Seattle - Okinawa
    Full Name:
    Steve
    So it wasen't just me..... Stayed in Laie in July and thought I was just blind or something. How are the BYU students supposed to have proper parties?

2. Rory J

Rory J Formula 3

May 30, 2006
    Wow.. Hawaii is sounding nearly as bad as Mexico these days.

Maybe the best advice is just to not go to Hawaii. Or if you do, don't wander off the resort property, unless you're heading to the airport.

3. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    #28 ernie, Jan 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
    Nope not just you.

Oh I was pissed off too. I drove all the way over there because the Foodland in Haleiwa was out of what I wanted. I thought, "oh maybe the Foodland in Laie has a better selection" WRONG! Stupidass Mormons made it a dry town. This is still the US right? And prohibition is over right? For crying out loud, even Jesus drank wine. :p

4. Hawaiian35

Hawaiian35 Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2007
    Ewa Beach Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Robsky
    Yeah...so please don't come to Hawaii. Stay where you are in Cali where you can be really safe.

5. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

In Hawaii you can drink the water straight out of the tap, and eat anywhere you want without puking. A littel bit different from Mexico. Oh ya I have never had anyone take a shot at me while doing things you shouldn't do in Hawaii.

6. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

True 'dat............it was biggest waste of time and money I ever had on the island.

7. Hawaiian35

Hawaiian35 Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2007
    Ewa Beach Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Robsky
    I'm local and from Hawaii. Even I'm not coming back to Polynesian Cultural Center. Waste of gas, waste of time, waste of money, and it is expensive!! Their show now called " HA " sucks! The food is just ok, not the best.

On the other hand, if you folks like luau, hula girls, good food, best show, and a heck of a lot cheaper than Polynesian Cultural Center, and closer from downtown, and just wanna have a good Hawaiian time.....go to PARADISE COVE at Ko-Olina!

8. Pass

Pass F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 29, 2008
    Salida Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark Passarelli
    For an even better experience instead of a resort; rent a house on a remote part of the any island other than Oahu and mix with the locals at the small Christian churches for a real Luau with freshly killed Kalua Pig (shot last night) and eat fresh fruit right from the trees in the yard. Hang at Da beach with the locals who still play Ukulele and camp out at the beach all weekend. Fo Real.

9. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Nice Pass! Very Nice!!!

10. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ

Here's another thing not to do while in Hawaii. Last June I took my 7 year old Granddaughter to the Big Island for her fourth or fifth time. We were beach combing one afternoon and found a live sea urchin on the beach. So we threw it in a pail with some sea water and took it home with us to show to my neighbor Cheryl....who is Japanese, and a fish head eater for sure. She was thrilled and said thanks, I'll have it for lunch. The next day I asked her how the fresh urchin was. She looked at me like she was going to barf and said.........I probably won't ever do that again!!!! So beware of beach kill.

11. jefffromcanada

jefffromcanada Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2006
    Alberta
    I recently did both the Polynesian Cultural Center and Paradise cove within 6 days of each other. The latter was for a Wedding. PC luau is wwaayyy better than the PCC, I agree.

I didn't mind spending the afternoon at the PCC. Lots to see and do, shows were entertaining. It is pricey though!!

12. F355steve

F355steve Formula 3

Apr 9, 2008
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I'll be at Ko' Olina in 7 days! Can't wait. Gonna do a Luau outside ot Ko' Olina this time but the one inside was pretty good I must say.

13. F355steve

F355steve Formula 3

Apr 9, 2008
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I'm sure some of the locals would like everyone to think that, but really it's not like that. If you aren't into anything illegal and are aware and respectful of native traditions and locals it is really one of the safest places in the USA or world. My wife grew up on Oahu and we plan on moving back in a few years because it is a safe place to raise a family and to take care of her parents as they get older.

I love the laid back atmosphere and the culture. Respect the islands, people and culture and you will have no real problems.

14. yronZFF

yronZFF Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 21, 2009
    FIVE-O
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Enjoy your stay! Will you be staying at Ihilani or Aulani?

15. I.T. Guy

I.T. Guy F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Yeah!!

16. Pass

Pass F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 29, 2008
    Salida Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark Passarelli
    #41 Pass, Jan 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  17. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ

Anybody that goes after one of these pigs with a bow and arrow has the big balls!! I spent a week in the Kona Hospital next to a guy who got taken out by one. He lost three hunting dogs in the frenzy and nearly lost his life and a leg. And he was packing some serious heat.

18. DennisForza

DennisForza Formula 3

May 23, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Mostly true, but accidentally drop in on many "natives", and if your hair is closer to blond than pitch black, you are going to get a bloody nose at the least. Over all though the spirit of Aloha is for real.
    Can even do that on the North Shore of Oahu anytime other than Nov-Feb or Windward side anytime.

19. White Knight

White Knight Formula 3

Aug 22, 2011
    Ogden, UT
    Full Name:
    Todd S.
    Good thread to read through. Myself, wife and 7 other family members will be staying at Aulani for 10 days at the end of July.

20. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Scored TWO more Spooners from the Blue Bird Resale Shop, ONE of them was an orange/ white University of Texas print!
    I had no idea I needed one, and I own it now!

Other one was very traditional and beautiful, came out of Cleaners looking swell.

As in "Gee, Wally that's swell"...not the OTHER kind of swell...:D :D :D

21. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Dos and donts on Maui? Thnx
    Ed

22. euro_king

euro_king Formula Junior

Mar 18, 2009
    San Jose, Jakarta
    Full Name:
    Jastien Weiss
    i love this thread and very informative info

23. Ferrari Envy

Ferrari Envy Formula Junior

Apr 27, 2009
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Cameron DeMille
    From experience. If you're on vacation and meet a pretty girl who says she's "there with her family" make sure that family isn't locals...and big Samoan locals. Luckily my uncle has lived on Maui for 30 years and everyone knows Rick the Stick. Meet the family first, THEN take the girl out.

24. #49 EarlyCat, Jun 17, 2012
  25. Pass

Pass F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 29, 2008
    Salida Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark Passarelli
    #50 Pass, Jun 17, 2012