What to Coat Garage Floors With? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

What to Coat Garage Floors With?

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by arachnyd, Apr 5, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Well, there is truth to that but you need to consider the functionality. Those dual scissors take up a lot of room when up and they will also be under the car getting in the way as a 2 post has the posts outside the car area. You could always do a in-floor 2 post ;)

WATSON likes this.
  2. Scott98

Scott98 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2004
    Weston, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I’m in the process of installing an epoxy floor myself and am pretty much already following the guidance you posted. However, I was not aware that I should scrape off the excess flake before putting on the top coat. How do you recommended I go about scraping off the excess? What can I use?

Thanks,

Scott

3. LBBP

LBBP Formula Junior

I think you are just removing the excess by sweeping the floor once dry, at least that's what i recall when i considered doing an epoxy floor myself. There should be DIY videos on epoxy floor explaining the process.

4. Shaun Oriold1

Shaun Oriold1 Karting

Mar 21, 2008
    Burlington, Ontario. Canada
    Full Name:
    shaun
    Home Depot sells a 16" metal scraper. I'm not sure what its intended application is, but that what we use. Scrape over the floor in both directions. The purpose of this is to knock down any flake which ended up falling on its edge. You can also use a floor buffer, but I think it leaves the floor too smooth, and way too slippery when wet. Make sure to vacuum once scraped flat.

Shaun

5. Scott98

Scott98 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2004
    Weston, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Thanks!

Scott

6. toparkt

toparkt Formula Junior