What's a Dino worth | Page 2 | FerrariChat

What's a Dino worth

Discussion in '206/246' started by stimes, Jan 23, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    GT not PT. Dirty dog

2. stimes

stimes Rookie

Jan 23, 2012
    Hickory. NC
    I can't find the bill of sale right now. I didn't know I was getting into all this tonight. I'll get number tomorrow. I have a guy that wants to see the car tomorrow. He has a GTS with a bad motor so that's what he wants it for. I won't do anything until I have a better handle on what it's worth. Thanks for all your help.

3. dgt

dgt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 14, 2011
    Northeast, USA & Oz
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    There are people here who will properly repair and restore cars in bad shape rust wise. Especially worthwhile if it's complete, the drivetrain is original and with some documentation and toolkit.
    If you post up some details, you'll pretty quickly get an idea of market price. You can also advertise in FerrariAds.
    Andrew

4. Drew_4RE

Drew_4RE Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 19, 2005
    FL
    Full Name:
    Drew
    I'm one of those people that would be interested in this car. Email me if you do end up wanting to sell it. [email protected]. I'm supposed to be in Raleigh next week and would love to see it.
    Regardless, good luck with it!

5. GTA246GT

GTA246GT Karting

Oct 23, 2005
    Sweden
    WTB! Please give some more info

6. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #31 TheMayor, Jan 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Look here for the chassis number.

My guess is somewhere between 100 and 140 depending on all sorts of things that are unknown here.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    My opinion -- do not sell this car for parts! Let him fix the motor he has or sell it to someone who will spend the proper money to make it driveable again. It's worth more as a restorable car than parted out.

Unless it's a total crash pig or completely rusted through and through, someone will try to save it.

The idea of taking 2 bad cars and trying to make one good one out of it is a really bad move.

8. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
    IMHO: spend a couple of hundred dollars to get an expert in to assess your car. Then you will have unbiased advice. It will be well worth it.

Onno

9. GermanDino

GermanDino F1 Rookie

Aug 14, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Matthias
    that looks like the old Italian number plate to me
    could be very helpful....

but please have a look for the VIN
    :)

regards Matthias

10. stimes

stimes Rookie

Jan 23, 2012
    Hickory. NC
    Serial # 02750

11. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat

Green, Spring Valley NY.

12. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Now Matthias can work his magic on the history of this car for you.

13. UroTrash

Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    Plaid seats...

14. stimes

stimes Rookie

Jan 23, 2012
    Hickory. NC
    It was green. Now it's red. When the car got back to the states we had to have it smog tested. We took it to NY go have that done. Cost 5000.00 if I remember right. Man those seats were ugly. Also red now.

15. 4CamGT

4CamGT F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2004
    Southern California
    Do you know what green? Green Dinos are really desirable if the right one. Take your time while doing your homework on your Dino. Euro spec Dinos that are in the U.S. legitimately have a fan base. If you ultimately want to see it go to a good home and want the most money I would first confirm all your chassis/engine/trans/body #'s with Matthias. If it all matches the factory documents it adds value to a collecter. If your original colour was a desirable green it will add value. The overall mechanical shape is important. Does it run and drive? How well? If its good, doesn't add or take away value. Only adds if the mechanicals are fresh and rebuilt. Body condition? What does it need? If you post images of your Dino we'll all chime in and help you and steer you in the right direction. Does it have any original manuals, manual pouch, jack etc? You wouldn't believe how much value these items add. How about any previous documents from Italy? Importation papers? Registration papers etc? If you want cash immediately and are OK to sell it for wholesale I can give you the guy who will do that. If you want to hold out for the most money, post your images here and we'll all help you. It may seem like we're asking a lot of you but remember this will all help you get the most value for your Dino. Just depends what you want.

Freeman

16. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    "Points off" for storing loose rims in the floorboard!!!

Actually your $60K to $150K is the range I would have tossed out in my first post yesterday, there is that much spread between "running survivor" and "nicely restored".....the top end if more like $225K.

So serious money.....

If you want someone to just "love it rusty" well send it to me in Galveston !!!
    ALL my stuff gets rusty......:D :D

17. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    There's a motor in FerrariAds right now, $39K.....fresh.

Keep this car together.

18. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    THIS man knows and loves his Dinos.....(as do all of those helping you here)

Hi Freeman!

I agree about the green, you can roll in the Saint Patricks Parade with all the Deloreans!!!

19. 4CamGT

4CamGT F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2004
    Southern California
    Always Looking, Always Curious, Always Learning. Never afraid of being wrong and always willing to share.

Freeman

20. silver1331

silver1331 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 9, 2009
    If the car was an original Verde Germoglio car it seems like that would fetch a premium, not sure about the mettalic greens but i guess to each his own...i love Verde Germoglio on the dino but i could see how in the 80s it was out of style.

21. GermanDino

GermanDino F1 Rookie

Aug 14, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Matthias
    it was !!!

22. UroTrash

Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    Remember dinodan's car? Verde Germoglio with red carpets? YEAH BABY!

23. silver1331

silver1331 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 9, 2009
    cool, hopefully someone puts it back to original! its always fun when the color you like matches the original color of the car. My GTE is black today but originally Grigio Fumo with a red interior which is exactly what i would pick if i were to restore one.

24. f328nvl

f328nvl Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2004
    Herts
    Full Name:
    John
    All the data is here:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=350446

thank you for your kind words

25. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005