What's for Breakfast? | Page 18 | FerrariChat

What's for Breakfast?

Discussion in 'Drink, Smoke, and Fine Dining' started by darth550, Feb 27, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    BOKE and I.T. Guy like this.
  2. Streetsurfer

Streetsurfer Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2015
    near Chicago
    Full Name:
    Ron
  3. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Have to try that! How's it taste compared to the usual yogurts? I had blueberry soy yogurt the other morning. Coupon + manager's special = what the heck. It was OK. Reminded me of a tofu pudding I made some years back...T

4. Streetsurfer

Dec 16, 2015
    near Chicago
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    I don't know if you've tried the cashew cream I mentioned way back, but it is similar to that, though not whipped up. It doesn't have the sharp bite of a more sour yogurt, nor is it overly sweet. I will include the ingredient list so you can try and imagine the taste. I think it is nice without my added sweets, as it does have sugar in this vanilla version. I suppose they make a plain also. It has a much looser texture than the coconut yogurts I am used to-will pour off of a spoon. I've not eaten dairy, yogurt or otherwise, intentionally in about twenty five years. I recall most of them as more tart. This does have coconut in it too, and coconut yogurts had been my main type as a replacement for dairy until Lisa brought this home recently.

I found a plain one in the frig..........hereks the info on it.

5. I.T. Guy

I.T. Guy F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jason
  6. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    so...there seem to be few foods that don't "make sense together" in Ania's mind...today's creation is sweet potato "bread" (with pumpkin spice) with sweet lime icing. Hmmmm...well...its...err...umm..."interesting"...but she's happy so...:)

TexasF355F1 likes this.
  7. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Sweet potato pie is a common replacement for pumpkin pie here in the South. So, that and pumpkin spices should work. The sweet lime icing. Can't say without a taste test, but given the baked goods you've regaled us with, I'm not going to doubt Ania!
    T

arizonaitalian likes this.
  8. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Dreamy! Thank you and your very own personal Goddess.

"The pheasants are beneath me." - SoCal to az
    "I have very few pet peeves in life . . . " - PeterS
    "Change is inedible" - fc2

arizonaitalian and tomc like this.
  9. Streetsurfer

Dec 16, 2015
    near Chicago
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Mandarin oranges are on wife’s homemade applesauce atop socca bread with fennel slices, prepared as a breakfast in bed for her on her day off Saturday.

Today for me, some Bison liver and kale micro greens, mushrooms and my cola honey mustard, on some socca bread. Beveraged by a jigger of Yerba Mate (Holy Holly) with some Ginseng and Cinnamon Bark oil thrown in.

10. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Good looking grub.

Ron - do you eat more earlier in the day, and then a light supper?

T

11. Streetsurfer

Dec 16, 2015
    near Chicago
    Full Name:
    Ron
    It varies. I can be an all day nosher, or yes, eat a bigger lunch and breakfast due to the work load for energy, then lighter at the end of the day so I sleep better, or if my gut is off. Lately I have been avoiding eating too late in the day, except for lighter fare, like fruits. Like now, I worked hard all day with leaf clean up and readying for winter until noonish, then indoors cleaning until 7:00. I had a handful of grapes and a couple small socca wafers, a cup of yerba mate. No real dinner meal, but did have a large bowl of soup for lunch.

tomc likes this.
  12. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    After seeing Ron's post, I tried some of this for breakfast.

Nutritional information for the lower fat strawberry. Similar to dairy-based low-fat yogurt.

Taste was not bad, better than budget yogurt. Comparable to national brands. Not as good as compared to a quality skyr like Siggi's IMO. Texture was a bit soupy. Pricey at $2 a cup, but $1 off coupons online can be printed up.

T

Streetsurfer likes this.
  13. Streetsurfer

Dec 16, 2015
    near Chicago
    Full Name:
    Ron
    It is thin to the point of being drinkable, which was new to me, but there are kid targeted yogurt products like that I believe....Something I thought might enhance the yogurt and help in those areas, is to whip up some cashew cream in a food processor and blend it into the yogurt. For cashew cream, cashews and water are processed until it whips up. A couple/few dates can be added to sweeten the “cream” . I will try it soon and let you know how it goes. Actually adding the yogurt to the processer once the nuts are broken down or in leiu of the majority of the water may be the way to do it.

14. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    If I had some granola that would have been good to mix in and make it a tad more filling. I am looking forward to trying the lemon flavor.
    T

15. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Streetsurfer likes this.
  16. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
  17. Streetsurfer

Dec 16, 2015
    near Chicago
    Full Name:
    Ron
    That’s too funny. I did my socca bread this morning with a healthy dose of cacao blended in. Honey and applesauce atop it with some sweet potato hash-browns aside.

Yesterday I made cashew cream to augment the yogurt, with dates, lemon zest and juice, and frozen banana and coconut thrown in.

18. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    That sounds good. I'm down with trying anything with lemon in it. Wife bought almond flour at Costco, so I'm trying to think of new recipes. It's low carb, which I like for earlier in the day. The chocolate was good old fashioned Baker's unsweetened, and a splash of vanilla extract, with a little Splenda. Not bad. A tad dry, so you need to lube 'em up with margarine, whipped cream, fruit or such!
    T

19. Streetsurfer

Dec 16, 2015
    near Chicago
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Good morning Tom!

I am up and just finished making a pot of chicken and potato soup, white and sweet potatoes, green beans and peas, mushrooms, five thighs precooked in a skillet, amd a bag of carrots, oil, salt, lemon. Fennel and cinnamon for a light seasoning. I’ll put up a pic in a couple hours when I haave a mug.

20. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Funny enough, Ron, I also got up early yesterday and whipped out a big vat of chicken noodle soup. When the wife woke up, and I asked her what she wanted for breakfast, she voted for the soup. Must have smelled good. So, we each had a cup of soup and a matcha smoothie. Have a great day!

T

21. Streetsurfer

Dec 16, 2015
    near Chicago
    Full Name:
    Ron
    NbyNW likes this.
  22. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    That looks good!
    T

23. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Streetsurfer likes this.
  24. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
  25. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    No hot sauce?
    Trying to eat light - matcha smoothie & 3 cups of Turkish coffee - saving myself for TG dinner.

T

Streetsurfer likes this.