What's For Dinner? | Page 604 | FerrariChat

What's For Dinner?

Discussion in 'Drink, Smoke, and Fine Dining' started by agup48, Apr 7, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    When I was in college, the Burger King closest to campus would hand out 2 for 1 Whopper coupons.
    Depending on my finances, I would go halfsies with another student and split the fries and Coke.
    If I was flush w/ bucks - relatively speaking - I'd buy both for myself, and eat one for lunch, and another for dinner.
    T

max930 likes this.
  2. BrettC

BrettC Formula 3

Aug 13, 2012
    Calif
    Full Name:
    Brett
    yes, that a good receipe...you can adjust any way you like. The sugar helps cut the saltiness I believe. Cheers!

3. max930

max930 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    My old house got coupons for Burger King frequently. I usually wait for the coupon. But this house doesn't get many coupons. My Subway app was running a buy one get one free on foot longs. That's ended.

Ankle is still sore and don't feel like limping into the store for tortilla's. I'll just do more fast food. Big mac combo.

4. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Wow... memories, the BK lounge. One late night we swiped Herb, the cardboard cutout. They were ticked.

tomc likes this.
  5. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    TexasF355F1 likes this.
  6. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Don't feel bad, apart from when we have company - which is out the window with corona - we hardly ever drink wine in anything other than juice glasses or tumblers. Have a good weekend and a better next week.

Wife picked up opah at Central Market, which I guess is the Texas version of the fancy Wegmans stores. Never had it, so I marinated it in soy sauce, ginger, a squirt of lime juice, S&P.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Grilled on the gasser.

About 4 or so min per side. Nice piece of fish, meaty. Not as meaty as swordfish, but nice flavor. I made a soy sauce, Wasabi, white miso dipping sauce. Cleared my sinuses straight out!

T

BrettC likes this.
  7. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Hope you have a good weekend and hope next week is better. Kick back and enjoy your burger.

8. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    My Dad wants his seafood udon. Means free sushi and rolls for me. I might try the seafood udon. It looks good.

9. koisokok

koisokok F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 8, 2006
    nine 0 two one 0
  10. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Buy some beef bones and make some pho broth for Dad, Max! Didn't forget the cord scallop rolls!

Veal chops last night. The opah was the previous night.

I'm a veal chop loving pooch! Better save me some veal chop or I'm calling the authorities!

Tonight was chicken jalfrezi. Served it with saffron rice. And I took some of our dried pequin peppers, which I had ground up in our spice blender, and sprinkled that over the top. Next year, I'm going to see if I can grow Thai chili peppers, and up my game.

T

koisokok, NbyNW and TexasF355F1 like this.
  11. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
  12. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    Its easier to go to a restaurant. A noticed a Vietnamese restaurant across the street from the place I get Chinese take out. Might try it.

Think tonight is halibut platter at fish n chips place. Fried shrimp and oysters with the halibut make a great filling dinner.

13. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    NbyNW and Alcav5 like this.
  14. BrettC

BrettC Formula 3

Aug 13, 2012
    Calif
    Full Name:
    Brett
  15. BrettC

BrettC Formula 3

Aug 13, 2012
    Calif
    Full Name:
    Brett
    Hey Tom, here in Central Calif are my thai chili's and serrano leftovers as of today...not bad for middle of Nov eh? Use both kinds all the time. Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

NbyNW and wax like this.
  16. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Nice! Most of our vegetable garden is finishing up, but the Calabrian pepper plants that survived the summer heat - 2 bushes - are still green and putting out flowers and peppers, albeit not many peppers. Do you get frosts in the Central Valley? We've been as cold as upper 30s thus far, and the forecast suggests no freeze for the next week or so. Been a nice long fall here in Texas, perfect for driving...T

17. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Using Crescent Rolls from a tube - you can do something akin to a (Taco) Calzone. Lots of possibilities.

Aaanywaayz - Litter with Pico de Gallo & omnomnom!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

tomc likes this.
  18. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

Your post reminds me of these.
    Mom would cut up franks, roll them up in crescent roll dough from the tube, bake. Serve them with pork and beans...T

19. BrettC

BrettC Formula 3

Aug 13, 2012
    Calif
    Full Name:
    Brett
    We do get frosts, been 34 or so a couple of nights but sunny and nice in the day.

20. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    Brother is over watching football. We are ordering Pizza Hut for lunch. I'll have the left overs for dinner.

21. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

#15097 NbyNW, Nov 15, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
    Raconteur likes this.
  22. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

^ Ina’s recipe.

tomc likes this.
  23. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Our Calabrian peppers are still green and pretty. One's in a pot, so I moved it to get a tad more southern exposure. I hope I can get a couple more peppers for the seeds.

Brisket ramen. Leftover brisket - chop up and simmer in about a quart of water. Discard and skim off the fatty bits. Strain. Add liquid to a packet of ramen noodles. Steep for about 2 to 3 minutes. Added some sliced Calabrian peppers.

Cucuzza parmesan. Peeled & sliced cucuzza. Layered with ricotta, mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Top with sliced meatballs. Bake at 350 F until bubbly. Made two of these with the last batch of cucuzza from the garden.

T

BrettC and NbyNW like this.
  24. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

PureEuroM3 and tomc like this.