Whats the costs to running a challenge car for the year privately? | FerrariChat

Whats the costs to running a challenge car for the year privately?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by CUE99T, Mar 27, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CUE99T

CUE99T Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2004
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Does anyone know if you owned a 355 or 360 challenge and wanted to enter privately whats the sort of costs that would cover your year of races, outside travel etc.

Car cost?
    Annual running cost?
    Parts costs?
    Tyres costs?
    Competition costs?
    Have I missed anything?

I may have a sponsor so cost could be pushed back in advertising I guess, but reckon cars cost 30-50k.

Would also double as a track car if season was too costly after 1st year.

Paul

2. Bukem

Bukem Karting

Sep 27, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Ben M
    Paul,

I have experience in this area - PM me if you're interested in the numbers. One word of warning, whatever figure you have in your head, add at least 60% to it...

Ben.

3. 456mgt

456mgt Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2002
    Cambridge UK
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Spoke to a chap doing the 360 Challenge after I saw this article where you buy the car for £100K, do a season in it and keep it afterwards. He reckoned all up, the season including the car was about £250K. One of the biggest variables is testing, which you have to budget extra for. It's not really optional unless you don't mind being tail end Charlie. Mentally, I put it in the category of doing when you have so much money you won't be able to spend it all before you die.

The alternative is to campaign a 328/348, which is I believe nowhere near this amount.