What's the difference between American and European spec 599s? | FerrariChat

What's the difference between American and European spec 599s?

Discussion in '612/599' started by Zbaroom, Sep 27, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Zbaroom

Zbaroom Karting

May 27, 2012
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Zaini
    I am in Dubai looking for a 599. Found 3. one American spec, one European and one called GCC spec which is the for the Middle East.

tried to find out the difference but found scattered unreliable info. When I asked the dealership, The Said the American and GCC is the same. The have a gearbox oil cooler and a different airflow sensors.

I am not convinced.

Any thoughts?

2. Zbaroom

Zbaroom Karting

May 27, 2012
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Zaini
  3. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Look at the parts catalog and it should document the differences. Will take a while to make sure you do not miss anything.

4. Zbaroom

Zbaroom Karting

May 27, 2012
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Zaini
    Thank you. looked at some catalogs. I found minor differences between European and US in the cooling systems but nothing else. Seems like any spec would work fine in any region.

I think I am finally buying the European car I found here in Dubai.

5. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    In the US there are typically a number of emissions differences and some differences in bracing/etc for crash testing. I can't say for sure if that is true on the 599 but it is true for most cars. These differences make some challenges getting a clear title and registering the car in the US. I can't say how it impacts you in your region.

6. Makuono

Makuono Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2014
    Full Name:
    Ricardo
    Moreover to what has been said above, european regulations require headlight washers if xenon bulbs, side markers not required, fog lights are also required.

7. cayenne_ksa

cayenne_ksa Karting

Feb 7, 2007
    denver, SAUDI
    for sure it will work fine with no issues. but there is some requirement that Ferrari need to comply with for different regions. For example in Saudi it has to have spare tire and in US it has to have the bumper reflectors. Interesting enough for me cars that come to GCC ( Gulf Countries ) it is more like Euro spec with US look. they do have the reflectors.