What's the fuss about same sex marriages? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

What's the fuss about same sex marriages?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by JimSchad, Feb 24, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Homosexuality is not a normal thing. The people that are telling you that it is are more then likely part of the gay community. Yes you can tell me all kinds of studies that were connducted by this and that agency but it means nothing.

Same sex couples getting married is the begining of the end of mankind. Read you bibles folks it's all in there,and it's coming to pass. Soon this earth with be so rampent with imoral things that we will become totaly de-
    senseitised to everything, and it's starts with gay's getting married.

Marriage it a trust and bond between to people. Within that bond,(if desierd) is the responsibility to rasie children in a home with male and female influences. A child being raise in a household without these very important influences will be very incomplete as a person as they grow up. Humans are meant to procreate by mating. The only way this occurs in the natural world is for a male and female to mate. This cannot happen with 2 males or 2 females.

Being gay is a chocie. They have yet to prove beyoned doubt that it is a genetic thing.

Talk to a gay person and find out what their childhood was like. I can almost garentee you that they had some kind of tromatic sexual experiance when they were younger,weather they were raped, sexualy abused, verbaly abused about thier looks by the opisite sex, or mentaly abused.
    I can also almost garentee that they grew up in a broken home and had to deal with various partners their parents were seeing.

They also had to listen to the parent they were living with,bad mouth their former marriage partner. Listening to their parent saying horriable things towards a member of the oppisite sex can and will have a huge affect on how the child will think towards the oppisite sex.

Of course there are many many kids who have growen up in broken homes who are not gay this is the majority. But the number of gay's that have growen up in that type of enviroment is astonishing. Taking the law of averages into consideration, because there are alot more straight people then gay..then you have a trend in the gay community.

Most peopl who are gay are seeking relationships,and are looking of friends they can relate to. Maybe when they were growing up they had a hard time with people ingeneral. They found a group that very much stick together and they fit in,and were accepted. The influcences start comming in from the outside,and soon enough they turn because this is were they feel comfortable.

If gays want to be legaly toegther they should call it somthing other then marriage. Maybe a union or whatever. If they want kids..well then I really hope that the child grows up well..because more then likley they will become another statistic.

Tom

2. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    interesting side sjmst. however, those are isolated cases. even with a smaller population, those types of cases either did not occur as frequently per capita, or they did and were not reported to the same extent they are today.

but crucifictions and jack the ripper are not what I had in mind as examples. going along with the argument regarding family values and such - relationships that don't stick - those are what are mirrored so vastly over television. relationships as well. I'm not saying it didn't happen at all, but happen as frequently or as wide spread as they do today - probably not nearly as much.

3. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch

The point of all the fuss is that there are too many people in this country with too much free time to spend poking into other peoples personal lives instead of just trying to take care of their own.

4. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Finally Tom, that's what I was looking for, I was loosing "faith" in the bible belt that I grew up in. It took 77 posts before we got the bible beater argument. :)

Dr. Tax, that's not what I meant. My argument is based completely on the ideal that an educated intelligent person knows without a doubt that relationships with minors and incest is wrong. Anyone would step in to help a victim of this situation. The majority opinion that you shouldn't get involved in the homosexual relationship of adults, whether you believe in it or not, shows that there is a VERY clear distinction.

5. mk e

mk e F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    The twilight zone
    Full Name:
    The Butcher
    200 years ago

Different religion couples getting married is the begining of the end of mankind. Read you bibles folks it's all in there,and it's coming to pass. Soon this earth with be so rampent with imoral things that we will become totaly de-senseitised to everything, and it's starts with Christains and Jews getting married.

50 year ago

Different race couples getting married is the begining of the end of mankind. Read you bibles folks it's all in there,and it's coming to pass. Soon this earth with be so rampent with imoral things that we will become totaly de-
    senseitised to everything, and it's starts with Whites and Blacks getting married.

Today

6. randall

randall Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Portsmouth, VA
    Full Name:
    Randall
    Ahhhh....... the religious arguement, the best one yet. Legalized gay marriage will end the world. If I would have known that earlier I would have never agreed in allowing gay rights. Now that I know it, I think we should stone anyone that is gay. While were at it we should stone to death anyone caught committing adultery. We should definitely do the latter, it would free up the highways out here by wiping out 30%+ of the population.

I wish this would have been a poll, then we could see more of the views of people on this group. I've heard about 60% of the country is against gay rights, just curious if it's more or less on this group.

7. mondial85

mondial85 Karting

Sep 9, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    Casey Slattery
    tbakowsky,
    you obviously dont know how our government works (or at least is supposed to) in America. Here church and state are seperete...we dont care what the Bible has to say when it comes to political issues because there is no state religion, it simply is irrelevant. Also, you seem to be saying that homosexuals are different from everyone else..in America this is not true.."All men are created equal."
    In reguards to your "abuse and tramatic childhood" argument..I have gay friends and family members who will testify that they have never experienced any of that stuff. Where did you get that info from?
    I actually thought your post was a joke at first but I think your really serious. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and all, but your stuff is REALLY out there. I think you need a little more exposure and/or education before you put something like that on the table.

8. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Does this all come down to what sex is really for.

Despite all the feminisim efforts, etc., men are put of this planet to provide sperm to fertilise a female to create a child and continue the survival of the species. Everything else we do is really just the Human being finding something to do with his/her over active brain.

We are but animals and just like other animals we have these primal instints, and like it or not, or dis-believe whatever, we weak males (er, most of us) are simply programmed to want to have sex all the time as part of this survival of the species stuff.

So where does that leave our gay friends?

I actually don't know, and I guess being gay does not have to be about sex, and that it 100% cool (and I am sure I work with many gay people, but that is their business, etc.), but regarding the animal instincts for species survival there does seem to be a bug in the program. Note I am not talking about religion or the bible, which really should not be read as fact in my opinion but a wonderful story that is a good suggestion on how to value oneself and others, etc.

In the end the only thing I have against gays is that some seem to think that everybody in the world needs to know or be comfortable that they are gay. Why?, I do not go around over advertising who I am.

Pete

9. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    Here is my out take on the issue.

Looking at homosexuality from a purely reproductive point of view here is why it is wrong. Take 100 homosexuals, 50 males and 50 females, put them on their own planet, and they only have 100% homosexual intercorse with no form of contirception. Do the same with 100 heterosexuals, 50 males and 50 females put them on their own planet, and they have only 100% heterosexual intercorse, with no form of contriception. After 150 years the planet that has that had 100 heterosexuals, will now still be populated, and the race will continue. The planet that had 100 homosexuals will no longer be populated, and race will be extinct. That is why it is wrong.

As for gay marrage here is another way to look at why it is wrong.

Let's now say that homosexuals are now car enthusiest. The car would replace sex. Even though they love cars (sex) just like everyone else they have a different twist on it. I'll use Ferrari's as an example. Their twist is that they like kit cars (homosexual intercorse/marrage) better than real a Ferrari (heterosexual intercorse/marrage). Now they are both cars and can be driven just that same. The kit cars need gas, oil, coolant, etc, just like a real Ferrari. But now they want to everyone to recognize their kit cars ("gay marrage"), and treat their kit car, exactley the same as an original Ferrari (normal marrage). They want their kit car to be able to enter Ferrari concorse events, compete right along side a real Ferrari, mingle with Ferrari Tifosi (hertosexual people), be considered Ferrari owners, and even awarded the "Best Ferrari in Show" (condisderd normal people). Even though they are a kit car enthusiest, own kit cars, and want nothing to do with owning a real Ferrari. But that isn't enough, they even want a Ferrari dealer (the government) to service their kit car. Now we all know that the dealer is more than happy to take their money just the same way they take money (taxes) from real Ferrari owners. The kit car enthusiest even want the dealers to give them warranties (social security benefits) just the same as a a real Ferrari would have. They would want an extended warranty (the widow/widower SS benefits) that a real Ferrari would get, if the Ferrari was sold to another person (the spouse died) before the warranty expiried. The bottom line is that, no matter how you look at it, it is still a kit car, and it will NEVER be a real Ferrari. It is and always will be nothing but a FAKE. Even if the dealers started recognizing the kit cars as orignals, and servicing them, the factory will NEVER consider them real Ferrari's. It wasn't made at the factory (Heaven), never will be accepted by the factory, nor by the creator of the car Enzo Ferrari (GOD) as a real Ferrari. So if you have a problem with your kit car not being considerd an original Ferrari, or original Ferrari owners not accepting it as a real Ferrari, even if other Ferrari owners think that the kit car enthusiest is an okay person, take it up with the founder of the factory. In the end if the factory doesn't accept it as a real Ferrari then it isn't one. No matter how much the kit car enthusiest and their supporters may want to change what the factory says. Oh and I agree with the factory, a kit car will NEVER be considered a Ferrari.

10. randall

randall Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Portsmouth, VA
    Full Name:
    Randall
    I think the best way to reolve the issue since christians are so adamant about not allowing equal rights to gays is to not give them the same rights, but in return gays won't have to pay taxes. Sounds fair to me. No need to chip in your fair share if you can't be entitled to the same benefits.

11. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Disclaimers: I'm not homophobic. I don't attend Church.

Reminder: The Separation of Church and State is not a Separation from God. God is in the details.

Matthew 19:3-6
    3: The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause?
    4: And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, ¹that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,
    ¹Gen 1:27, ¹¹Mark 10:6
    5: And said, ²For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?
    ²Gen 2:24, ²²Mark 10:7, ³1st Cor 6:16, ³³Eph 5:31
    6: Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

Well, it doesn't say anything about Homosexuals - besides, that section's about divorce, ain't it?

It's conspicuous in it's absence, ain't it? There's a reason. Read it again. This time, click on the links - admonitions to have marriage between man and woman are all over the place in the Bible.
    ____

What other countries acknowledge same-sex marriage? Name them.
    ____

One Nation Under God | In God We Trust or The Great Satan.

Which slogan do you prefer Non-U.S. crowds chanting or recognizing as a catch-phrase for the U.S.? Do you think fanatics who already hate the U.S. because of it's "freedoms" will approve of tacit or openly expressed approval of same-sex marriage by leaders or applaud when more buildings and people get *blown up? After all, if same-sex marriage is allowed, then man put asunder what God said not to. That would make the U.S. an abomination.
    * It (The straw that broke the Camel's back) could happen.

Please don't babble "Muslims don't dig Jesus (or) God." You must understand, that while Christians have historically recognized all of the Bible as equally authoritative, Muslims do not. The Apostle Paul is regarded as the False Apostle by Muslims. This, in a nutshell, is why "The Bible" is not embraced by Muslims - but it does not mean that the entire Bible has been thrown out. Rather, it would considered heresy for the U.S. to throw out that which "acceptable" passages of the Bible teach clearly and repeatedly about what is recognized in the eyes of God. The Theological implications are staggering. *Boom*

Reminder: The U.S. proclaims itself to be One Nation Under God.

12. ernie

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    Actually the Bible does talk about homosexuality. I don't have my Bible in front of me but I do remember reading this.

No man that lies with another man, as he would with a woman, will be allowed to enter the kingdom of heaven.

Homosexuality is wrong. Just the same as adultery is wrong. As my neighbor says. Love the person hate the sin. However that doen't mean you condone the sin by loving the sinner.

13. C. Losito

C. Losito Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2003
    Metro St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Chris Losito
    Ernie, I don't have the Bible in front of me either, but I believe it says that a man should not lie with another man, lest he be declared an abomination. I'm nearly positive it doesn't say anything about entering or not entering heaven.

I think what wax is trying to say is that you have two options:

1. Outlaw gay marriage and offend those affected.

2. Make gay marriage legal and offend Christians, Muslims, Jews, ad infinitum.

This decision will offend lots of people, period.

14. ernie

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    Well then lets outlaw gay marriage. Oh WAITE it already is outlawed. So let them be offended, cause I'm offended that they want me to accept it as normal.

15. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Yes, the Bible does refer to Homosexuality, not in a good way. Your reference is Leviticus 18:22 - backed up by a penalty (which some, not me and probably not you or you or you... called the Gay Plague - *AIDS*) in Leviticus 20:13. The seeds, if you will, are in Genesis 38:1-11, which also covers Onanism.

Nevertheless, my interest, let alone the thread topic itself isn't "gay=bad" at all. Rather, my original post was referring only to the selected text and more importantly, the linked concordances, as they pertain to the subject of God's Laws>Marriage Law>U.S. Law -in that order. Therefore, in turn, same-sex Marriage Licenses being issued now in the city by the bay... are not-worth-the-paper-they're-printed-on.

16. Wildwarrior

Wildwarrior Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2003
    PA
    Full Name:
    Glen Winters
    So basicly what I am understanding with this religous argument is that a man from the bush land that has never met a christian. Feeds his family off the land, uses only what he needs ,treats his family with respect and believes that the sun his his god,won,t go to heaven.Hmmm scary thing, I personly don't by it,sounds to me that we should worry more about our personal relationships and what we add to other peoples lives in the short time we have on this earth. It is not our business that two women, or men love each other,to them it is normal.Separate church and state ,it is a must in my book.This kills me ,I dont have sex with my wife in public,nor do we make our private sex life the topic of discussion with straight or gay friends.Who are we to say they don't have the rights that we take forgranted.Back in the 80s while on the road,the only guy I could count on was our closet gay keyboard player.Not to mention he was the only guy with a single mate, the rest of us had sex with some one new at every single show.Who is right and who is wrong ,I don't think It is up to me to judge!

17. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    I agree with Ernie. Even though that analogy seemed a bit L - O - N -G !!LOL

18. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Your data is incorrect. At the end of this process you would have 7% homosexuals, smae as now.

19. randall

randall Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Portsmouth, VA
    Full Name:
    Randall
    Ernie-
    No one wants you to accept it as normal, they want tolerance. Tolerance and acceptance are completely different. I tolerate christians, but I won't accept their lifestyle (one of no tolerance of others).

Mitch-
    Don't you know Leviticus is only to be referenced when it's beneficial. Gays are to be shunned, but adulterers are to be allowed to live. Stoning shouldn't be done, but government sponsored discrimination should.

The moral decay of this country is not from homosexuals, but rather from hetereosexuals. It's from parents raising their kids in piss poor ways. Remember, gays don't reproduce so if straights just stopped making them this wouldn't be an issue.

As for what countries allow gay marriage, maybe you should ask what countries allow gay couples the same benefits as straight couples. I think Canada does, and I'll find out about a couple more tonight.

20. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sodomy is not illegal except in the following states:

States with sodomy laws that target only same-sex acts
    Kansas (6 months/$1,000)
    Missouri (1 year/$1,000)
    Oklahoma (10 years)
    Texas ($500)* - Recently struck down (Per Writerguy)

States with laws prohibiting sodomy between both same-sex and opposite-sex partners
    Alabama (1 year/$2,000)
    Florida (60 days/$500)
    Idaho (5 years to life)
    Louisiana (5 years/$2,000)*
    Mississippi (10 years)
    North Carolina (10 years/discretionary fine)
    Puerto Rico (10 years)*
    South Carolina (5 years/$500)
    Utah (6 months/$1,000)
    Virginia (1-5 years)*

Existing Laws -- Status Unclear (3) and Their Penalties
    Massachusetts (20 years)
    Michigan (15 years)
    Missouri (same-sex only) (1 year/$1,000)

Any state with an "*" next to it currently has the law under appeal.

And once again, you help to make my point. Sodomy is not prohibited in the Constitution or its amendments, and has been repealed as a result of constitutional challenge in many states:

Arkansas
    Georgia
    Kentucky
    Maryland
    Minnesota
    Montana
    New York
    Pennsylvania
    Tennessee

And legislative repeal in many others.

Write and pass a law prohibiting gay marriage, then see if can stand up to appeal in court.

Are you really interested in marrying your dog, or sister, or cousin? If you are, then they are valid arguments, if you're not, and I'm guessing that's the case, then they are spurious and argumentative just for that sake.

Make your points with facts.

21. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    The texas one was just struck down by the supreme court

22. Evolved

Evolved F1 Veteran

Nov 5, 2003
    Section Code 300 of the Family Code of California states that marriage is between one man and one women.
    A referendum defining marriage as such was directly voted on by the california voters and it stayed the way it is. Can't get any more democratic then that. The law was written and passed muster with the people in the most liberal state in the union.

I'm only intersted in the financial windfalls that will accompany being able to be married to whoever and as many people as I see fit. This is the way most people will use this change of "definition" of marriage. I bet gay marriages will be a very small percentage of the total new marriages.

What we'll need are state inspectors to ensure that all marriages are "consumated".

Monetary benefits are given to married couples under the current laws as the unions are primarily for having children and creating new taxpayers.

What really bothers me is that judges and mayors don't make laws, legislatures and in this case, california voters do.

Section 300:
    http://www.divorcesource.com/CA/CODE/300_310.html

23. Slim

Slim Formula 3

Oct 11, 2001
    Pacifica, CA, USA
    Full Name:
    richard
    Well, that's all well and good but a law is not valid no matter how many people want it, if the courts decide that law is unconstitutional.

As for referendums, many things pass that never go into effect. For example, Californians voted to allow marijuana use as a medicine. But since it remains illegal to use under Federal law, the California law is meaningless.

Eventually, the supreme court will have to rule on whether same-sex marriage prohibition is constitutional or not. Apparently Bush thinks it currently isn't constitutional and therefore wants to change the constitution before the issue reaches the supreme court.

24. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Mitch, I do not understand your mathematics, please elaborate. Are you saying at some time during this 150 years someone from either side is going to have to "swing from the other side of the plate" otherwise, I believe only Moses lived 150 years. LOL

25. Slim

Slim Formula 3

Oct 11, 2001
    Pacifica, CA, USA
    Full Name:
    richard
    I think his point is that the heterosexual couples would be producing homosexuals. Just as they do now.