when is a Classische restoration a replica? | Page 7 | FerrariChat

when is a Classische restoration a replica?

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by intrepidcva11, Jul 23, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bisonte

Bisonte F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 27, 2007
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Since Classiche is likely not going anywhere, what changes would you recommend to fix it?

2. Fennicus

Fennicus Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2015
    Helsinki, Finland
    Full Name:
    Pekka T.
    Hi,

And sorry all, I was off-line for a day or two.

It just tickled me: do you have any idea how much Jaguar Heritage charges for a certificate they make from the factory build sheets?

In the good ol' days they did not even ask any details, they just gave you everything they had, but after a few "magically matching numbers" cases and a few fake C-types being certified, because they did not question the information you gave them, nowadays you may need to send them at least a digital photo of some stampings and titles etc.

The answer is: they now charge you a whopping £40 GBP. (it used to be much cheaper, but I am a cheap bugger, excuse me ;)

I know, it's a steal, but please don't tell them, I plan on buying a few more. :D

Cheers,

Pekka T.
    Fin.

3. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    #153 Napolis, Aug 3, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
    I'm not so sure of that.

Look at what Fiat Chrysler Management is doing.

Look at the financials of Ferrari as it exists today.

Think about the IPO.

Note how much of Ferrari's profit comes from the 488 line and think about what will happen when that line increases production to a total production of 10K cars per year to increase "shareholder value".

Think about the shareholders who will be owing Ferrari.

Ferrari today isn't what it was when Enzo was alive.

Ferrari today isn't what it was when Luca was around.

As far as Classiche goes it is what it is, those who like what it is, or are afraid not to use it because they think that their car will be harder to flip, worth less without being Classiched will continue to use them.

Others who think they're worthless, don't care what they think about anything, laugh at their approvable making your car that you don't plan to sell anyway worth more, know exactly what their car is and isn't, are fully capable of restoring it exactly as they want to, won't.

The good news is that even though Classiche called me a "****ing Sicilian" it was actually a complement and after saying that they took me to lunch and picked up the check.

All is good.

4. Bisonte

Bisonte F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 27, 2007
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Right on. Good points, and we certainly live in interesting times.

5. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    We do my Freind. We do.

6. Timmmmmmmmmmy

Timmmmmmmmmmy F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2010
    NZ
    Full Name: