When is a Ferrari good for work? | FerrariChat

When is a Ferrari good for work?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by baguns, Nov 3, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. baguns

baguns Karting

Sep 19, 2012
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Not sure where to post this, but I was curious to get the community’s thoughts on when having a Ferrari would be good for your work/job (aside from auto-related jobs). Lots of of discussions about fcar owners “hiding” their cars from work colleagues, but I haven’t seen any posts talking about the work benefits (if any).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    How to answer this....like so many things...it depends. Which one?

My co-workers (for the most part) know about my 348. I don't take it to work, though.

If you're an employee and have one, then your peers (and possibly your bosses) will have one view.

If you're the owner/boss, the perception might not be so bad as long as the ship isn't sinking when you buy it. How do you see yourself portrayed with it? Are you flaunting it? It's difficult to be thought of as humble with it, probably part of the reason guys "hide" them, as you say.

It's luxury, it's reward, it's luck...what will you do with your good fortune?

sjd

3. baguns

baguns Karting

Sep 19, 2012
    Yorba Linda, CA
    I think most have mentioned your points. It’s almost like having an f car is frowned upon at work. But there must be an example where is actually came in handy...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I use it for meetings and it goes down very well but, I don't let the guys that work for me see it or they ask for higher wages and more cash, they see my Porsches and always ask for more every few months, I can't hide the Porsches as they are my run around every day cars

Sent from my CLT-L09 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

5. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    I had mine for a couple years before I really allowed most of my coworkers to know I had it...maybe a bit of a different situation, because just about all of us have "project" cars, and we're all wrenchers, so it was pretty much assumed that I bought it and fixed it up, rather than made a bunch of money and rewarded myself...

...but "good" for work? I can't think of any benefit other than getting a good parking spot in front of the italian restaurant. I guess if you worked at Olive Garden, they can give you a few bucks for promotions...

6. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    I drove all my Ferraris and Porsches to work. I bought them for me, not anyone else. People don't like it, well tough ****

7. Drewbdo

Drewbdo Karting

Apr 8, 2016
    Atlanta, Georgia
    I don't have one yet. My taste runs toward analog, older models, I don't mind basic wrenching, and I'm a family man, so my goal for 2021 is a Mondial QV or 3.2, probably a coupe.

I have a "real job" for a very large corporation (part of Berkshire). I'm not sure if I will drive the car to the manufacturing plant very often. On the other hand, there are plenty of people at work who drive cars with much higher price tags than a 30+ year old Mondial... Range Rovers, BMWs, Benzs, Jags, Expeditions, etc. However, it probably wouldn't be driven except on days when I go out with my team for lunch, though.

I think it could come in handy for my small business though. I'm a DJ, and mostly do weddings and corporate events. I might use it when meeting with clients, venue owners, etc.

8. tonyswfla

tonyswfla Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 2, 2007
    Florida