News

Where do you take your cars for service in Vegas?

Discussion in 'Las Vegas' started by GrantRR, Mar 9, 2019.

1. GrantRR

GrantRR Rookie

Dec 14, 2014
    I searched and only found an old thread for a place that seems to be closed. Where is your recommended place for an independent mechanic specialized in Ferrari's in Las Vegas?

I just picked up a 2003 Ferrari 360 Spyder 6MT and was interested in having the basic timing belt service done. I'm in St. George, UT so I'd likely put the car on a trailer and send it down.

Thanks,
    Grant

2. XENU

XENU F1 Veteran
    BANNED Lifetime Rossa

Jul 13, 2009
    Las Vegas, Nevada, US
    Full Name:
    Biohazard Infectious Toxic Waste
  3. GrantRR

GrantRR Rookie

Dec 14, 2014
  4. XENU

XENU F1 Veteran
    BANNED Lifetime Rossa

Jul 13, 2009
    Las Vegas, Nevada, US
    Full Name:
    That is an awesome picture!!!

The guys at Towbin all came from Penske-Wynn and They have done great by me and most of the Las Vegas that are on FChat. I go back over 25 years with Rich and he really does his job well. If you want an introduction it would be my pleasure. Before the dealership opened up at the Wynn, I was sending my cars to the Bay area for service.

The only other suggestion that I can make is going up 15 to Salt Lake.

daytona355 likes this.
  5. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Looks homely..... hehehehe

XENU likes this.
  6. NYFAIM

NYFAIM Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 22, 2015
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Howard R.
    I've been down to Italy Auto Service and chatted with them for a bit when I was thinking about a 355 and was looking for potential shops to do the engine out service. The inside of the shop doesn't look much better than the outside. They seemed friendly enough, but I think you'd really need to talk with someone that has actually had their car serviced by them to get a better idea of what their work is like - something along the lines of not judging a book by the cover. HoweverI decided I probably wouldn't take my car there based on what it looked like though!
    I just took my 430 into Towbin Ferrari and so far have been happy with them. Omar is my SA as well. Also met Ken Tangen who is one of the sales reps. I plan on having any service done there that I can't do at home. I kinda sucked up to them a bit since I'm trying to finagle a factory visit to Maranello this summer! We'll see how it goes.

7. XENU

XENU F1 Veteran
    BANNED Lifetime Rossa

Jul 13, 2009
    Las Vegas, Nevada, US
    Full Name:
    Rich Kansky asked me to post up his mobile number and email in case anyone needs anything, or they get stuck in Las Vegas.

Rich and I have been going steady for 23 years. Text him questionable pictures late at night and you may get a discount. It worked for me. YMMV

Richard Kansky
    Service Director Towbin Motor Cars
    Richard.kansky@towbinauto.com

8. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    Royalty Exotic Cars is opening a service center next month. I've seen there work and they seem extremely familiar with working on exotic cars. One unique thing is all their cars have a ton of miles, so they may see things that even dealerships may not even get to see.

They have a Huracan with 160K miles and used to have a 488 Spider with 90K miles for example.

9. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 19, 2003
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    Don't let the appearance fool you. Gary is world class, he has done dozens of major services for my Ferraris, Lamborghinis and Lotus Esprits. He caters to very demanding owners and celebrities. I wouldn't hesitate taking any of my other cars to him as well.
    Don't get me wrong, Rich is great at Towbin, but you will spend less bypassing the Ferrari dealer, as with anywhere else on the planet.