Where in the world do you.... | FerrariChat

Where in the world do you....

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by F355Fly, Dec 22, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F355Fly

F355Fly Guest

Nov 26, 2003
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Asi
    I know this sounds silly or even stupid but I looked everywhere and I can't seem to find the dip stick to check the oil. The oil preasure is kinda low when idle but goes up when reved. Please advise.

TYVM.

2. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Did your car come with an owner's manual? :)

3. F355Fly

F355Fly Guest

Nov 26, 2003
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Asi
    Yes it did but it is not with me and I prefer to check the oil before I get home to where the manual is.

4. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.
    If you have a 355, it should be a dry sump system. If that is the case then I think the dip stick is the on the oil cap itself. Good luck.

5. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Towards the front of the engine bay on the passenger side,you will see a crome cap that says Ferrari on it. Unscrew this cap and attached to the bottom is the dip stick. Before checking the oil let the car run upto operating temperature. After it is up to temp check oil while engine is running. BE VERY CAREFUL!! the oil cap gets extremly hot!! use 2 rags to unscrew the cap. The level should be between the min amd max lines on the dip stick. The owners manuel does say so shut the engine off and check immediately after. I was told by an experianced Ferrai tech that the best and accurate way is with the engine running. This way you have a "real time" oil level reading.