Where to park a truck and trailer in Monterey? | FerrariChat

Where to park a truck and trailer in Monterey?

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by ralt72, Jun 3, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ralt72

ralt72 Rookie

Dec 4, 2020
    Full Name:
    James Nelson
    Bringing 1044 up to the show, but does anyone have a great idea for the truck and trailer ?

2. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    which show? Been a few years, Pebble would park trailers in the field across from the Gooding Auction and which is also the location for the start of the PB Tour.

3. ralt72

ralt72 Rookie

Dec 4, 2020
    Full Name:
    James Nelson
    Concours Italiano has parking for Friday and Saturday; I’m getting there Thursday and leaving early Sunday, and will use the Bora as transportation during the interim.

4. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    It is tough there even for lightly attended scca majors races when no other events are going on there.

5. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    Why not drive the Bora to Monterey and leave the truck and trailer back home?

Ivan

staatsof likes this.
  6. ralt72

ralt72 Rookie

Dec 4, 2020
    Full Name:
    James Nelson
    Well
    We’ll, that’s a thought as well, but I haven’t had a close enough look at the wear items to have enough confidence yet. Maybe as we get closer I can do that, but it’s not exactly close.

staatsof likes this.
  7. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    That car has been to that show before and won best Maserati. It was driven from and back to the Seattle area. It wasn't WO incident though. The day before the show as we were all prepping our cars the rear hatch release failed and fortunately Al Burtoni was around and knew about the inspection covers on the inside rear wheel wells for emergency release and cable replacement.

I think Gary went via I5. I don't know what that's like these days. Thrown up rocks with such a nice but terribly fragile original paint job is always a worry.

Different times I guess?

8. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    I plan to attend Concorso and it will be great to see Bora 1044!

Last two times at Concorso was with the Ghibli spyder; after driving 1,600 miles each time. Each time there has been a some issue that required attention but nothing that could not be solved "in the field". Last time the Bosch ignition amplified decided to quit in Sedona. Luckily I had planned for that possibility and had with me a standard coil which made it easier to revert back to a standard points/coil setup. You never know what will go wrong in a long drive, except that something will probably fail. It is best to have a good set of tools, some spares, manuals .... and AAA card handy.
    This year the drive will be done in an Iso Grifo since it is one of Pebble's featured marquees. The car will also be at the Quail. Of course, this is all depended on me getting the Grifo re-assembled in time. If not, the Ghibli is prepped to do the drive again. BTW: last week I installed a Pertronix breakerless (Ignitor II) ignition making the Ghibli's dual points and Bosch amplifier not needed anymore.

Ivan

9. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    All very true. I used to travel with some critical stuff just in case. On the Bora I've never had a lick of trouble with that Bosch box (same as QPIII and 928) but I brought electrical meters and jumper leads with alligator clips. One time leaving Concourso and headed back to SF up highway 1 with some friends who were staying for a couple of nights and parking their CT there my car, the Biturbo, suddenly died. It turned out that the fuel pump lost power because of some faulty sensor in the engine compartment. Well the wiring for the pump is tied to the rollover switch which is right next to the power antenna.

So I used a jumper lead from antenna to the wire from the rollover switch to the FP and we were running again. But you had to leave the radio on ...

There's plenty of places on a Bora to stash things like that. Bring fuses too.

If you haven't done an extended drive in the Bora yet you might want to do one more locally first and see if there are any issues.
    But the Bora's systems are fairly simple if all the components are sound. I assume the LHM stuff was tip top when you bought it and it doesn't deteriorate quickly like brake fluid.

Get the top flite AAA towing package.

Good luck and enjoy the events.

10. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT