Which one would you buy? 488, 720, Performante, GT2RS (POLL) | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Which one would you buy? 488, 720, Performante, GT2RS (POLL)

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by IPO1, Jan 11, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Which one would you prefer to buy today? Can only chose one.

1. Ferrari 488 (any flavor)

2. McLaren 720s

3. Lambo Performante

4. Porsche GT2RS

5. Are you crazy, none of these!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Funny never received as much attention in my 458 or Lambo as I did/do in my RS...just my experience. And I don't like attention, so maybe something else would be better. Who knows.

The one thing I do know (in my city) valets know cars and a GT2RS would flush anything.

YMMV.

2. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    BTW- Who would ever hand their car over to a valet. They would have to rip the keys from my dead, cold hands.

Rossocorsa1 likes this.
  3. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    You don't--never handed keys to any valet. But gets parked up front.

Do you go out much in your car--if you did you would understand the rules.

4. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    So results so far:

Ferrari
    Porsche
    McLaren
    Lambo

Seems about right

Shadowfax likes this.
  5. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    My daughter was HR director for a valet service and if you heard the stories the drivers tell about how they abuse exotics, you would never hand the car over.

Afonsolaw likes this.
  6. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Duh. That's why you keep the keys. Where do you park your car (if you even take it out) at night. On the street? Garage?

Much easier to slip $50 and hold on to your keys and see your car in front. No valet will ever get inside. Try it sometime.

Manda racing likes this.
  7. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I think @Traveller said it very well. In my case none of these choices really pulls at my heart strings. I'm just not in love with the 488- don't love the looks nor the sound. The McLaren is an absolute monster and looks much better in person but yet somehow it leaves me cold. I think its the sound and the fact they don't make their own engine. I'm just not a Lamborghini guy, but if there ever were a car to tempt, it would be the Performante. What a beast! And while I respect Porsche, their cars do nothing for me. I'd go for the 488 VS - but as we don't currently know exactly what it will be, I would go with something like 458 or F12.

Manda racing, Afonsolaw and IPO1 like this.
  8. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I dont think anyone said you cant enjoy these cars on the streets, heck that's why we have them however driving on the streets wont invoke the thrill of tracking.

9. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Probably true--except you have not tracked your 720 yet. So definitely report back once that happens.

10. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    He's living vicariously through me...

11. exoticcardreamer

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    ahhh. so bribe gets the gt3rs out front. That's the difference I guess. No bribe needed for lambo/ferrari/mclaren.

Come by monterey car week some time and see which cars get the attention

Afonsolaw likes this.
  12. RobertM

RobertM Formula 3

Apr 17, 2005
    Weston, Florida
    Full Name:
    Robert M
    #112 RobertM, Jan 15, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
    someone else responded earlier within the thread. this is FerrariChat and I would be surprised if any other car was polled higher then the Ferrari. My 488 arrived last month and it is truly amazing.... However I have driven the 720s and WOW..... that car is freakin insane. I would guess if you went on another forum and polled the same question...... the results would be completely different. I still have Ferrari running through my blood and not ready to switch brands. this is my 4th car and there is something about Ferrari that makes me smile. I consider the Ferrari as movable art......and art is to move you emotionally .... and Ferrari still does. I also say,,, right or wrong. Ferrari buyers, buy because they can.... not because they are drivers. MOST, not all Ferrari owners do not drive the cars like they were made to be driven. However, Porsche and McLaren owners... DRIVE their cars. I happed to REALLY enjoy and DRIVE my Ferrari's. I have had for 1 month and over 1,000 miles ... Not a bad issue t have... we are all very blessed ... enjoy my friends... you can not go wrong with any of these toys

xfrgtr, Viperjoe and Gh21631 like this.
  13. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Image Unavailable, Please Login The restaurants I go to usually have a cargo shorts and flip flops dress code.
    Ain't nobody there who gives a damn about your car.
    Though my 'vette used to get a lot of attention!

14. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Agreed but it is interesting still that other got more combined votes than the 488 gtb in a Ferrari forum.

15. exoticcardreamer

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    A number of my friends now have a 488 and 720s. Some people just like to have the cool cars. They have a set budget per month how much they want to spend and keep going in and out of cars or collecting cars. They started off with a 488 and added 720s later. Some had 488 and sold it or are going to sell it while they take delivery of 720s (not because they don't like the 488 but rather they had their fun with it so on to something else).

I wouldn't consider them real drivers in the sense that people talk on these forums.

16. Finlander

Finlander Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 12, 2012
    Sunshine State
    997 GT3RS

17. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Yeah it is 20 degrees here my car hasn't seen light in several weeks.

Afonsolaw likes this.
  18. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    #118 IPO1, Jan 15, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
    Oh please...did the same in my Ferrari or Lambo. You seem to look down on everyone, so not worth my time. It's about keeping keys...and treating those guys right (as someone cried about valeting)---what do you do? You probably tip $5...$3...no tip? They owe you probably for gracing them with your presence.

Ash Patel likes this.
  19. Jasonfcarfan

Jasonfcarfan Rookie

Aug 2, 2015
    Nah no one gives a **** about your piece of **** vette. Lol

20. exoticcardreamer

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    Considering you seem to provoke people; you seem to get irritated very easily.

btw; I don't have much experience as you do with valet's. Closest valet place is 30 miles in one direction, 40 and 60 miles in another direction and don't even know if there is a valet for a couple of hundred miles in the other direction. Not that I need to justify it to you but I don't think the valet personnel cringe when they see me coming.

Coincid likes this.
  21. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    :D

22. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Cannot understand why the personal attacks are necessary. Paradox that those who are the most abrasive are the ones so easily offended.

Manda racing likes this.
  23. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    " If you want excitement you need to be on a track.Driving around the roads in your city in an exotic is not too exciting at least for me." ... " I can't say that it is exciting to drive to dinner".

dustman likes this.
  24. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Bewildered anyone could think this.

25. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    i feel supercars are awesome anywhere from your garage, cars and coffee, drive around the block, on line, even an old school poster on your wall. but if you really want to distinguish one supercar's ability from the other, you need to test them on the track.

Gh21631 likes this.