Which warranty is it? | FerrariChat

Which warranty is it?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by lawwdog, Feb 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lawwdog

lawwdog Formula 3

Dec 4, 2002
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Mario
    I need help:

Both exhaust headers on my car are cracked. I know about the warranty, I know about the warning to not get another Ferarri exhaust manifold if possible and I have spent 1 hour going through archives to get the answer. I'm still puzzled.

Does anyone know if the warranty in California to replace the headers is in fact 7 years or 70K ? It seems the Fed Warranty is 8 years or 80K.

I read my owners manual which says 7 years or 70K except 3 parts which are 8 years/80K. Those 3 parts are the ECU, OBD, and somthing (not the headers) Discussions in the archives all point to 8 years or 80K. I'm confused.

I see in the archives that most everyone says to not get another factory set installed but rather get new ones from QV Ferrari. I'm trying to have Ferrari pay for the install and cover it under warranty obviously.

My issue is that my engine is already out...and I only have a couple of days before it goes back in. Supposedly, Ferrari is giving me the No on new manifolds because my car was purchased in Sept of 96. (Out of 7 year warranty)

However, if I am understanding the archive material correctly, all other states are 8 years or 80K. In which case I could have the headers replaced in another state under the warranty (remember my in service date is Sept 96).

There seems to be a big gray area here and I need to make a decision of some sort by tomorrow.

Thanks to anyone who can shed light on this confusion.

2. lawwdog

lawwdog Formula 3

Dec 4, 2002
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Anyone have opinions?