White Stripes, New Years Eve. | FerrariChat

White Stripes, New Years Eve.

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Sarc, Jan 5, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sarc

Sarc Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    USA
    Hey Gilles, I believe I remember you saying that you were going.
    So.......

HOW WAS THE SHOW!?!?!?!??!?!

Sarc

2. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Sorry, I JUST spotted this thread. The show was great!! They really filled the room (musically), which is what I was curious to hear. The critics all said it was heads and tails better than their previous show at the Aragon. Just before midnight, Flaming Lips came back out and joined them for a countdown, after which they broke into Seven Nation Army. The bass was thundering, and they had air raid sirens going--pretty wild. Definitely one of the best shows I've seen, if you combine the atmosphere, anticipation, delivery, location and occasion. We got there just as the first band, Blanche, was finishing. Might be interested in hearing more of them. Lips were their usual theatric selves. Just a great night. On the way out, they were handing out keychains to everyone--the kind you hold up to a light and look into to view a picture. There were a few different versions, and on the el train home it turned into an impromptu swap meet for these things. The show was Elephant-biased, with 4-5 from White Blood Cells. Ball and a Biscuit really rocked. Definitely the show to be at. Ironically, it's probably the best crowd I've ever seen at the Aragon, especially considering it was NYE!