Who else thinks the 612 is ugly? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Who else thinks the 612 is ugly?

Discussion in '612/599' started by LopeAlong, Oct 13, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mojo

Mojo Formula 3

Sep 24, 2002
    Washington St.
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    I like the car, for a 4 seater, but I hate that smile looking front end.
    Very stupid looking grill.

2. Annaloro

Annaloro Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    XXX
    Full Name:
    XXX
    Any Ferrari looks much better in person. The 612 is the same way. I hated it at first, because I didnt get it. It is not your typical flashy sports car, it's not ment to be. It is a alternate statement of Ferrari's amazing design mixed with power, luxury and elegance. Besides, I'd rather take the 612 over a 7 series or 500mb any day.

3. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    The car is ugly, it is so ugly that I can't believe it is a Ferrari, whatever it is it doesn't matter, a Ferrari shouldnt be so ugly, I would be ashame to be seeing in one, it is very ugly, period.

4. Joker

Joker Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2004
    Who knows
    Full Name:
    Christian
    I don't think it's ugly. It's just ... clumsy? The line from the headlights over the front fenders is just not right. It's not really a classic Ferrari in my eyes. I like the interior though... :)

5. patpong

patpong Formula 3

Jul 6, 2004
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Full Name:
    Patpong Thanavisuth
    The saddest thing about the 612 is that they associate the name Scaliatti to it.
    How are they doing with the sell of this 612? anyone, anyone???

6. patpong

patpong Formula 3

Jul 6, 2004
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Full Name:
    Patpong Thanavisuth
    I agree with you there. So you agree with me that this proof that the concept of Ferrari is changing its direction. no longer, no compromise supercars, but very compromise supercars.....Luxury and elegance never in the mine of Mr. Ferrari. It never in the history of the marqe until he passed.

7. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    In fact, 2+2s have been with Ferrari since day one. I believe another post on this thread mentioned that Enzo Ferrari himself always drove a 2+2. It is in fact the Testarossa type Ferrari that is the oddball in the line's heritage. The 550 was a return to tradition. The 612 is perfectly in line with the marquee's 2+2 history.

Forza,

Cavallini

8. tubeguy

tubeguy Formula 3

May 21, 2003
    Upland California
    Full Name:
    Kevin Deal

Funny you say that. I thought the current E46 330 BMW was soooo ugly when I first saw it. I much preferred the E36. Now I thiunk the M3 is so beautiful...stunning.

It takes a while to catch up...esp when the design pushes the envelope. The new BMW 5 series suuuuuuuucks to me. But it sucks less now than it did six months ago. I will like it in 6 more months.

The new 430 rocks in every way, shape, and form. It is so friggin nice.

9. patpong

patpong Formula 3

Jul 6, 2004
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Full Name:
    Patpong Thanavisuth
    Enzo Ferrari used the 412 himself to get around in the late 70's and early 80's that when the man was 80 something...

10. dretceterini

dretceterini F1 Veteran

Apr 28, 2004
    Etceterini Land
    Full Name:
    Dr.Stuart Schaller
    The 612 is kind of "blah" in my opinion.

11. htran

htran Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2004
    Tracy(NoCa)/HB(SoCa)
    Full Name:
    P Quach
    Quotes from DuPont Registry 2005 Buyers Guide " ....Pity that Ferrari didn't go back to Signor Scaglietti for the design of the 612 because this is one of the most awkward-looking Ferrari of all time. It's overly long wheelbase, thick lip front end, and featureless profile is a major disappointment..."

12. T0nyGTSt

T0nyGTSt Karting

Jul 31, 2004
    Certainly at the latest motor show here, the blue 612 garnered the least interest.

There was a 575, a 360 Spyder, 360 Modena and 360 CS... all of them were well accepted.

IMO Pininfarina are the design house for Ferrari.

I do not like the Enzo either. The 612 won't be remember as one of the great Ferraris - a mere footnote like the 456.

Bertone and Scaglietti are perhaps not in the same league as Pininfarina.

T.

13. 911Fan

911Fan Formula 3

Apr 15, 2004
    Southern California
    Who designed the 612? I thought it was Pininfarina...

14. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    The 612 is FUGLY!

15. AR!

AR! Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2004
    Berlin, Germany
    It could be a beautiful car - in 0.9 to 1.0 scale.

I´ve seen it life and while I like most of the lines on the car it´s just to big to be beautiful ...

16. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I wish Ferrari made another smaller 2+2 like the Mondial. if there is one thing (save financial probs!) that will mean that the 355 is the last Ferrari that I own it is the desire to have a car which I can enjoy with family and friends.

The 612 isn't the prettiest car that Ferrari has built, but I suspect that in the right colour and in real life it will look appealing.

Robert.

17. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

While I have yet to see one in real life.......the pictures are enough for me to not want to see one.

You have my vote. I guess Chris Bangle has been dining in Modena lately.

18. Joe G.

Joe G. Formula 3
    BANNED

Dec 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Joe Gazzani
    i think it's worse than ugly

19. bob348

bob348 Formula 3

Apr 13, 2004
    Liege, Belgium
    Full Name:
    Geoffrey
    i agree, when i saw photo of the 612...i thought that she was not really beautifull...but know i have the chance to see some 612, and i learned to appreciate this bella machine...

20. doug328

doug328 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    The Space Coast, FL
    Full Name:
    Doug B
    While the 612 is not most beautiful design to come from Ferrari, it certainly is not the ugliest, check out some of the road cars made in the 50's & 60's. The long hood of the 612 is different and will take some getting used to (necessitated by putting the front suspension in front of the engine). I think it is one of those designs that will grow on people and will always look better in person than in a picture.

21. Jason

Jason Karting

Dec 1, 2001
    Was the Detroit Autoshow's "Biggest Disappointment" in UK CAR mag.

22. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    He use to ride in the back of a blue Fiat many but many times back in the early 80s

23. Higgins23

Higgins23 Karting

Jul 16, 2004
    Europe
    Not sure I would call the 612 ugly, but the lines go not have the grace or appeal of the 456 GT. From the rear it looks disjointed.

24. LopeAlong

LopeAlong Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2004
    West of St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Jim
    WOW! I thought a couple of people would just tell me to shut up and go away! Looks like I am not the only one who is disapointed. I am used to looking at the F-car designs and in an instant you think, "Beautiful!". It should not have to grow on you! I guess I'm getting old!
    Jim

25. widdlewade

widdlewade Formula Junior

Sep 24, 2004
    Bay Area/NYC
    As much as I hate the new designs coming from BMW (especially the new 5 series and Z4), the new BMW 6 series makes the Ferrari 612 look like Urkle!!!

P.S. Chris Bangle did not design the current 3 series and M3. The Z4 was his first abortion coming from BMW as design chief.