Who has driven most km this season in your classic Maserati? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Who has driven most km this season in your classic Maserati?

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by FastFreddie, Oct 10, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CharlieA

CharlieA Karting

Nov 4, 2013
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Jarle Adolfsen
    I have an ambitious project going on.
    I have no other car than a Maserati these days.
    1. 1992 Maserati 2.24v
    2. 1975 Maserati Merak SS
    3. 1981 Maserati Quattroporte III 4.9

The Quattroporte is my daily driver, and will stays so until april\may where the 2.24v or Merak goes daily driver.

Expecting to clock 15K kmtrs on the QP III until april.
    Unless I get a total breakdown of some sort ;)
    Then we will bite the bullet and buy a banger to drive until I fix it.

Anyway, will be a fun project.

P.S My 2.24v have been my daily driver for 60 000kmtrs, everybody told me I was nuts, but honestly it has been my best daily driver ever!!

2. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    You got it man, great car and beautiful family

3. 71Satisfaction

71Satisfaction Formula 3

Jul 15, 2012
    New York and Norway
    Full Name:
    Art
    Not me. I put about 1,000miles on the Bora - 1,600km. But if you drove 4,500 in and around Sweden, you should honor that mileage by posting photos of the spectacular scenery!
    Cheers,
    - Art

4. FastFreddie

FastFreddie Formula Junior

Aug 10, 2010
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Fredric Gustafsson
    For some reason I forgot this thread for three years but now it is this time of year again. So, how many km did you drive in -16 with your classic Maserati? I managed appx 4500 km with the QP-1. Most of them on the trip to the international rally in Holland from Sweden and back.
    Then in the recently acquired Mistral, I managed appx 2500km around Sweden. So in total 7000km.
    It still amazes me how reliable and comfortable these cars are! Not once have I been stranded anywhere in a Maserati. I also have an old Alfa Giulia Spider. I think I have had to call a trailer to pick me up somewhere at least 5 times.

5. JasonMiller

JasonMiller F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 16, 2004
    Co Springs/ Texas
    Full Name:
    Jason Miller
    Sadly, 74 miles in my Merak the last 12 months, drove the 308 probably 1200 miles.

6. Quattroporte3

Quattroporte3 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2010
    Drove 1778 miles in 2016. Not bad, not great. An amazing car for long distance touring, comfort, style and power to spare. The sound from the engine is wonderful.

7. nickypp

nickypp Karting

Feb 24, 2015
    Columbus, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Nick Pavich
    I managed almost 1000 miles, give or take a few, because the odometer didn't work. I'd like to go through the slush box( or have someone do it) before i attempt a really long trip. Currently reverse protests when engine and transmission is cold, but works like a charm once its warmed up.

8. 71Satisfaction

71Satisfaction Formula 3

Jul 15, 2012
    New York and Norway
    Full Name:
    Art
    Isn't that fairly normal? ...or is this something new? (How cold are we talking about? I get mine out in freezing temps as long as there is no road salt, and all shifting is balky until warmed up)

Speaking of which, 2016 was a light year for the Bora, only 600 miles... another car needed some heavy attention... but what wonderful miles they were. More to come in 2017!
    - Art

9. nickypp

nickypp Karting

Feb 24, 2015
    Columbus, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Nick Pavich