Who has gotten into shape? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Who has gotten into shape?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by PeterS, Mar 20, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    Allow me to cast another vote here for the Body for Life method ...

Very simple: It works. You can't argue with it, or call it a "fad" or cheating or whatnot, because it just works. It can be boiled down into a few sentences: Balance your protein with your carbs, excercise 6 days a week, and and eat 4 -6 small meals a day.

I started about 9 months ago, and while I certainly didn't show the flab-to-fab-in-12-weeks results, I've had very steady and VERY successful results. I've lost about 25 pounds of fat, gained about 15 pounds of muscle, can alllllllllmost see those abs peeking out (I can feel 'em, just can't quite see the cut yet), and am now called "skinny" by just about everyone who knows me (I used to be called "pudgy"). I'll take that any day of the week.

Also, something happened in the past few weeks and I've lost another 1 - 2 inches around the waist -- it just comes off in spurts sometimes. But now, my clothes don't fit so I need to go shopping soon...:)

nlh

2. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    So how are you all doing on your diets?

I am down from a 152, to 138#s with about 8 more #s to go.

Just watching what I eat as per suggestions by Nicholas from Houston and PeterS.

No real excersize for me, except for 150 sit ups a day. I will start going to the gym/running after Aug 25th or so.

Hope all you other dieters are doing well.

3. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Allan, bro, "there is nothing to do but eat" ...???? Maui is a great biking, windsurfing, surfing, paddling, jogging, hiking, etc... island. The weather is better there then most places in the world. Just get out and start slow. I find if I make the effort to go just go down to workout then I have fun doing it. It's the start that is the hardest. Trust me as you get older it doesn't get easier to stay motivated. So start today. Also, your wife's metabolism must be faster than yours......... congrats.

Aloha

4. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    I am down 80 pounds over the past 4 months. :)

5. ashsimmonds

ashsimmonds F1 World Champ

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    i think that says it all. :D

6. ashsimmonds

ashsimmonds F1 World Champ

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    yeah, wot's with that?

i think half because the girls i've been with we've had FANTASTIC eating relationships. (and maybe a bit because we "let go" :( )

when i'm by myself, i don't bother with breakfast, i'll have a steak for lunch, then a couple beers and maybe a packet of chips in the evening. and i don't want for anything else.

with a chick, i'll have my big lunch, then 7pm or so we'll have a huge dinner as well. very rarely am i hungry for it, it's just that it's one of the things we do best.

i remember many years ago, me and this chick used to get KFC to deliver a bucket of chicken, some burgers, and a bunch of ancilliary items and we'd consume it all. then KFC stopped delivering, but we still wanted it bad (were always drunk) so we'd call a taxi, and get the cabbie to go to KFC for us and get us our chicken fix. pure insanity.

by myself i'll spend maybe $20 a day on food and drink, when around a chick, that number goes out to $60-100 on average, for no other reason than it's easier to justify aNOTHER $40 meal when you're with someone than alone.