Who is expert on history of AC Mk.IV? | FerrariChat

Who is expert on history of AC Mk.IV?

Discussion in 'British' started by bitzman, Oct 9, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    I have a theory these will go up in value more than replicas because they are AC brand. But not until the history is ironed out and everybody knows what they are looking at. I got a list of 10 questions for a comprehensive article if readers can recommend a world class expert on these cars to send them to. I already sent the SAAC registrar the questions and got good answers but before I post the article want to know if there's additional experts I am unaware of? PS I went to the plant in the UK when they were still making them but my memory dims after so many decades.I only remember the Mk.IV being bodied there on a chassis owned Charlie A., the Shelby mechanic

2. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    I would assume Brian Angliss is the man you want, if he is still around.

3. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    I don''t think he is still on this earth, but I posted the interview of the SAAC registrar , and hope more owners come out of the woodwork with details on their cars so the collector car world knows what they are looking at. To me it's a wonder Shelby kissed and made up with the Ford family after the Ford family made it possible for the AC Mk. IV to reach America , ignoring Shelby's claims of ownership of the design.

https://**********.com/2021/10/the-ac-cobra-mk-iv-establishing-a-historical-reference.html