Who is Leonardo Acerbi? | FerrariChat

Who is Leonardo Acerbi?

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Ed_Long, Apr 20, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ed_Long

Ed_Long Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    Salem, Oregon USA
    Full Name:
    Ed Long
    I bought a book, "Ferrari, A complete guide to all models", last weekend. The overleaf says it was published in Italian in 2004, and this is an English translation done in 2006. It is very extensive in providing a two-page thumbnail sketch of each racing, sport and touring model up to the 2005 F1 car. Each model is treated with a photo, a color sketch, a specifications table, and some text. Some of the translations are rather vague, but for the most part it is a very nice book, clearly written, and certainly reflects a major effort on the part of Mr. Acerbi. Who is this fellow?

The book overlooks the Boano and Ellena series and shows virtually all 250 models as having dry sump lubrication. It indicates that 335 PF coupes were built, not the more commonly published number of 350. But, maybe he is not including the prototypes and one-offs in his total. But, these are minor details. For those of us old farts who are confused by all of the new models, i.e., anything newer than the 512 BB for me, it is a handy reference book.

But, there is no biographical information on Mr. Acerbi. So, I am curious about this fellow....
    Ed

2. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

He also wrote:

Ferrari road and racing history 1947 - 2000 by Andrea Curami and Leonardo Acerbi

This is available from several sources on the Internet, including the Michael Schumacher Fan Club....

If you Google Leonardo Acerbi, you'll find quite a few references to him, but I haven't found a biography yet.

Mark