whos going to the Concorso Arizona 2009? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

whos going to the Concorso Arizona 2009?

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by LukeF, Nov 11, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    #51 nerd, Nov 15, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2009
    The PV show was fantastic as always, low key, great cars and good friends. The chain link fence at the Concorso made for some nice pics. ;)

2. LukeF

LukeF Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2009
    PHX, AZ
    Full Name:
    Luke Frampton
    Did u get any pictures?

3. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    I honestly don't bother anymore since I'm just a hack amateur compared to the other fellows who regularly post their professional and near-professional work on this pages.

4. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I wonder if the fence was to keep the riff raff out, or the participants in? Sort of like the Berlin Wall...

Hey Agup48..... I just wanted to make sure you went to a great event to snap some worthwhile images.

5. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    It was an okay event, not like last year where it was packed, but then again I was 15-20 minutes early and they didn't let me in even when I had my money in hand, but I got my images and left to the PV show which was great.

6. FandLcars

FandLcars F1 Rookie

Aug 6, 2006
    Tempe, Az
    Full Name:
    Rick Schumm
    Nice Pics, thanks for posting. Looks like you missed a perfectly good Lancia Aurelia next to the 300SL. Too many cars, not enough GigaBytes!? :D

7. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    At $5 a head for spectators, I wonder if they recouped the fence rental costs?

8. ENZOSON

ENZOSON Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2004
    Erie, Colorado
    Full Name:
    PIETRO
    Thank you to those who posted pictures- It was an interesting day in terms of weather - The Dino got caught in the rain on the drive to PV... first time ever.. that I can remember -

Cheers -

Pietro

9. FAST360

FAST360 Karting

Jan 26, 2009
    #59 FAST360, Nov 15, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2009
    I have never been to a "Concour" that had a chain link fence like this. Is that a bad neighborhood where the event was held? I am fairly new to the Phx area.

10. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Carefree is actually a great part of town.

I am sure the fence was an attempt to maximize profits, as well as a way to control the crowds. But judging by the pictures, crowd control, let alone profits were the least of the challenges.

11. LP400S

LP400S Formula 3

May 18, 2002
    West Coast
    Pietro,
    It was nice to see you make it here to PV for the show this year. Like Nerd says it is just plain fun, low key and great enthusiasts. The Dino looked spectacular as always. Thanks for the special towels. I will give them to you when I see you.

12. ENZOSON

ENZOSON Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2004
    Erie, Colorado
    Full Name:
    PIETRO
    I'm glad they were useful - hope to see you at the next Cars and Coffee -

Pietro

13. dogue

dogue Formula Junior

Sep 2, 2001
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Terry
    I know i am really late with this response not on here much anymore but just wanted to point out that admission charges were implimented only in the last concorso not the last 4 years as posted earlier. I organized ALL but the the last two and my final event had a suggested donation at the door of $5 per person, but wasn't strictly enforced and was again a direct donation. Last year was the first time anyone was required to pay an admission charge.

I am disappointed to have missed all three of the events that day, as i was out of town. Would be nice to see a Concorso continue to be successful in Arizona, i hope that critizism is takin constructively and not written off as poking fun.