Who's going? | FerrariChat

Who's going?

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by drew365, Feb 28, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. drew365

drew365 Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2004
    The Valley, L.A.
    Full Name:
    Andy Ritter
  2. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
    Got the e-mail yesterday. It should be a great event if they can drum up a reasonable field. At 3,000 euro more than the Mille Miglia, it is a tad on the expensive side (although it is 2 days longer, it doesn't have the same status).

I'd quite like to do it one day, but the price is a bit hard to swallow.

Onno

3. drew365

drew365 Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2004
    The Valley, L.A.
    Full Name:
    Andy Ritter
    For me, I'm not sure I would seriously consider it during good times. Currently, not a chance. I thought it was an interesting read. It doesn't say anything about the cars being certified in order to participate. Maybe that's a concession to the times.

4. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    Classiche "certification" is required. See page 2 of the second link above. Here is an excerpt:

"Cars admitted

The event is open to all Ferrari Granturismo and Sport - Prototipo cars presented starting from 1947 until years ‘60 (please check enclosed list). Significant models not included in the list below shall be considered separately by the Organizing Committee.

All cars must be in possession of the “Certification of authenticity” issued by Ferrari Classiche. Shall the car not be in possession of the above mentioned certificate, it is necessary to request it by making reference to Ferrari Classiche (Roberto Casolari, [email protected], tel + 39 0536.1935020) within the date due for admission.

A maximum of 50 cars is expected, to be selected by the Organizing Committee according to the importance, the shape and the historical/sports curriculum of each model.

The selection of participants will also include geographical criteria, with the balanced presence of collectors from countries all over the world."

5. drew365

drew365 Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2004
    The Valley, L.A.
    Full Name:
    Andy Ritter
    Sorry, I find as I get older I do a lot more speed reading which often means skipping over pertinent facts. A bad habit, getting worse. So, I guess I can tell my wife this event is definately off the schedule.

6. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    but Andy, the queen mum is on the list of accepted cars!!!!

7. drew365

drew365 Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2004
    The Valley, L.A.
    Full Name:
    Andy Ritter
    I have to admit, that made me feel good. Now, thinking that mine would be one of the 50 accepted is a real stretch. Mine is dripping with patina, so to speak.

8. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
  9. drew365

drew365 Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2004
    The Valley, L.A.
    Full Name:
    Andy Ritter
    Do you have MS Word? It's a Word document. If you do, try highlighting the link and pasting it into your browser address bar.

10. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Would someone please post the route when it is published? I can't attend the tour, but I would like to drive the roads on our next trip to Italy.

Thanks!

Jack