WHO'S YOUR COLLEGE FOOTBALL TEAM? | FerrariChat

WHO'S YOUR COLLEGE FOOTBALL TEAM?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by bennett, Jul 26, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bennett

bennett Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    CHARLOTTE, NC USA
    Full Name:
    Bennett
    #1 bennett, Jul 26, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Media days are here, the season is just around the bend, show your love and support for your team!

Let us know why you're a fan -
    - grew up with the team;
    - alumni/ what year;
    - played/ what position;
    - tradition;
    - etc

I'm an Alabama alum, graduated 2003.

- 12 National Championships

- 21 SEC Championships, more than any other SEC team

- More bowl game appearances and wins than any other team

- Names like Bear Bryant, Joe Namath, Ozzie Newsome, Johnny Musso, Lee Roy Jordan, Bart Starr, and the NFL touchdown leader and current MVP Shaun Alexander.

- Tradition, tradition, TRADITION.

Show your spirit!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Yeah, but most of those stats were piled up by the Bear, and sadly, 'those were the days' applies to college football just as it does motorsports.

I keep expecting to see Bo Schembechler coaching Michigan, Woody Hayes at Ohio State and John McKay at USC, not to mention Barry Switzer at OU and Darrell Royal at UT...

If I have a team, it's whoever is playing Notre Dame. Or whoever is playing Miami U.

3. jhsalah

jhsalah Formula 3

Apr 10, 2006
    Philadelphia, PA
    Full Name:
    Jawad
    TEXAS, BABY!!

U.T. Austin, class of 1998. I was never much of a football guy until AFTER I graduated. Then I went to Berkeley for law school, and watching Cal get spanked made me appreciate the Horns so much more. Then, of course, we became NATIONAL CHAMPIONS.

4. show time

show time Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2006
    Scottsdale AZ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    GO Blue! M I C H I G A N

5. Erich

Erich Formula 3

Sep 9, 2003
    Poway CA
    Full Name:
    Erich Coiner
    San Diego State Go Aztecs!!!

We have given pro football

Don Coryell,

Marshal Faulk

and many others.

6. FerrariF50lover

FerrariF50lover Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Nate
  7. ralessi

ralessi Formula 3

May 26, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Rikk
    Ohio State - grew up watching them play (I am from Ohio). They were national champs in 2002, a Chris Perry amazing performance away from a second appearance in '03, and a missed 50 yard field goal away from an appearance in '05 (against UT). They are always good and great to watch! Can't wait for this year to start as preseason #1. Hopefully Troy Smith will have a good (perfect) year.

8. chitown dave

chitown dave Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2005
    well...Chicago
    Full Name:
    well...Dave
    #8 chitown dave, Jul 26, 2006
    Did my undergrad there. Always bet my Dad dinner on the Michigan game (he played quarterback there).

Hockey is big up here and the Badgers pulled off and unpresidented double championship in NCAA hockey this year:

"We OWN college hockey" - U of W athletic director Barry Alverez

9. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Illinois. Which means every Fall I get to pick a new team! As a kid I always liked USC, but I like the new Weiss Irish.

10. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
  11. 0UTXLR8

0UTXLR8 Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2004
    Full Name:
    Josh
    Sadly it's Michigan State. Their football sucks!

I was born in Lansing so it's fitting that they are my team.

12. Dubai Vol

Dubai Vol Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    back in Dubai
    Full Name:
    Scot Danner
    Should be obvious. Tennessee, the Volunteer State. Or, as we call it, God's country. Parents went to school at UT, grandparents went to school there, I went to school there. Mom was a cheerleader. My first words were:

GO BIG ORANGE!

Nothing better than spending a saturday afternoon with 107,000 of my closest friends in Neyland Stadium. If you ever get the chance, I highly recommend a trip to Knoxville for a game. A good time is had by all.

13. Grey_Gull

Grey_Gull Formula Junior

Jul 24, 2004
    Washington Huskies during the reign of "The Dawgfather" Don James from 1975-1992 when we actually WON a National Championship...every coach thereafter has brought the team down a step each year. Yes they SUCK!

[edit] born and raised in Seattle, just a 10 min. drive from the UW campus and the stadium...many famous UW alums include...Warren Moon, Detlef Schrempf, Nate Robinson, Jim Mora Jr., Bruce Lee, Dale Chihuly, William Gates Sr., Kenny G (maybe not so notable)[/edit]

14. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I went to SDSU. I don't remember much, too much alcohol and too many girls. :D

15. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Formula 3

Jun 4, 2006
    Arizona State University Sun Devils

I go there, in my senior year. Not much of a college football fan, let alone ASU football. Quite frankly, I couldn't tell you what championships we've one, and what bowl games we've won. I know in the past 2-3 years we've done pretty well and won the past two bowl games we've been in.

As a kid, I worshipped Notre Dame. I loved the Fighting Irish, especially because of the movie Rudy.

16. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    Another University of Florida Gator here.

17. indaville

indaville Formula 3

Oct 6, 2005
    Louisville, KY

How do you guys like John L.? :~)

My team is the 2006 Big East Conference Champions University of Louisville Cardinals!!!!!

Mayy

18. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    Penn State is my team. They have had a few good teams over the years and their coach is a great one.

19. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    #19 snj5, Jul 26, 2006
    The University of Alabama Crimson Tide

Graduated 1980
    Drum Major of the Million Dollar Band

Was there for one of the greatest games in recorded history - the Sugar Bowl National Championship between the Alabama CrimsonTide under Bear Bryant challenging the mighty Penn State Nittany Lions under the great Joe Paterno. Folks - that game was all about heart, the heart and class which can only happen in college football. It chokes me up up just to think about it.

Here's a picture of the greatest SI cover ever showing two of the greatest teams ever - and a picture of a much younger thinner and having more hair snj5 directing the 300 piece Alabama band in 1979...

20. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    The second gal from the left is really checking you out! You shoulda asked her out on a date.

Me? Good Old Half Assed U - Florida State.

My last year there was Bobby Bowden's first year. Before Bowden, FSU was horrible in football (although we always had better looking chicks than UF). At one point, FSU lost 20 sumthang games straight.

Bowden almost beat Florida in his first year. He then had to play LSU four or five years straight at Death Valley. I believe he won all but one game. LSU has never asked FSU back.

Some say he is too old. The rest of us don't care. He can keep coaching from the grave for all we care.

Dale

21. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    University of Miami Hurricanes (the 'Canes as it was called when I was there). Graduated w/ Bachelor of Architecture degree in 1990. Now trying to call ourselves 'The U' or 'Da U' which I don't really like. Also grew up in Miami. Go 'Canes!!!
    :)
    BT

22. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    UCLA Bruins! Graduated twice in '03 and again in '04.

23. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    OKLAHOMA!! BOOMER SOONER!!

24. bennett

bennett Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    CHARLOTTE, NC USA
    Full Name:
    Bennett
    You're wrong, Whisky. Look at the record books. The Bear was a legend, no doubt from any football fan about that, but Alabama was big football long before The Bear.

25. hdpt00

hdpt00 F1 Rookie

Jul 15, 2005
    Earth
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    GO BLUE - MICHIGAN!