Why are divorces so expensive... | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Why are divorces so expensive...

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by FloridaToAtlanta, Jun 23, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    good luck with that !!!!

2. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Maybe the title to this thread should be - Why are marriages so expensive?

I'm fortunate in a lot of ways, but one is both my wife and I were broke when we got married. Everything we have is now ours.

Formula Uno likes this.
  3. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Ditto. Plus we both grew up with little. So, fiscally speaking, we're compatible, which I think is a huge plus in a relationship. My wife's only bought one major item in 20 years without talking it over, and that's the cute little pup in my avatar. And, I bless her everyday for that!
    T

Streetsurfer and Texas Forever like this.
  4. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Why is this in the Ferrari Discussion forum?

5. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Well it started out as a new F430 purchase thread, but got out of hand and escalated pretty quickly into some pretty opinionated stuff...

OP did you get a manual or F1?

6. Jana

Jana F1 Veteran

Mar 4, 2015
    Oh, all the time. The difference is you rarely here about women complaining about being taken to the cleaners because they didn't have any money when they thought the bad boy was a good choice. Men, on the other hand, seem only to complain about loss of money when divorcing. I suggest that they look beyond a woman's appearance when choosing and make sure she has an education/skill set and makes an equivalent salary. But then, a lot of men can't handle an equal either. So there you go. Current problem.

7. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    I always joked when we first got married "Bebe, you are absolutely entitled to half of zero", cuz that's about what we had....lol

Texas Forever and tomc like this.
  8. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Yes, it is amazing how many men are intimidated or in someway threatened by the fact of their spouse pulling a higher income. Made a point of telling my wife that should this become an issue in our household, no problem here, you go for it babe! Would love being a kept man!

9. rrsport1

rrsport1 Rookie

May 11, 2018
    Full Name:
    Bill sunseri
    Got one of them from Calabria!

10. greg 19425

greg 19425 Formula 3

Jan 6, 2011
    Wake Forest, NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Think your post should read, "....a partnership not a dictatorship. "HER money, HER home" etc." I was subdivided some years ago and thought, then, that I actually owned things. :)

11. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

How the heck did I miss that?

Moved.

D

12. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Equally, a lot of women marry a guy thinking, "I can change him, make him EXACTLY the guy I want."

Um, no.

People don't change a lot. Men, even less.

If you can't accept a guy for what he is, don't expect to turn him into something he is not.

I think almost every divorce I've seen was more about the unfulfilled expectations of the wife, as opposed to the husband. And yes, I know there are exceptions, men can be pretty damn shallow, and try to shove away their own mortality with replaceable spouses (Not a political comment, but Donald J Trump is a perfect example.)

I wonder what the percentage of divorce proceedings are started by women? Off to research.

Ok, I'm back. 70% of divorces in he USA are initiated by women. Maybe that's why men ***** about it so much.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-new-resilience/201508/women-initiate-divorce-much-more-men-heres-why

D

13. Island Time

Island Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 18, 2004
    E. TN
    Full Name:
    David
    #63 Island Time, Jul 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
    What's the 'ol saw….

"Women marry thinking they can change the man. Men marry thinking the woman won't change"?

14. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Yeah I don't get why some guys are afraid of that. I would love to be with a woman that made more money than me and wouldn't mind getting an Fcar for the family. :)

308 milano likes this.
  15. spicedriver

spicedriver F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011
    ...because lawyers are so greedy. The first thing they'll ask for is a list of your income, and assets. That's so they can find out exactly how much they can get out of you.

It was the lawyers who pushed for gay marriage, just so they could charge gays for divorces. This opened up a whole new market !

16. fedcoin

fedcoin Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 11, 2017
  17. Hocakes

Hocakes Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2010
    FL

18. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

I have used lawyers for everything from a divorce to a will and everything in between. I've been represented in lawsuits (never sued anyone, but been on the receiving end) a couple other family matters, even in a criminal case or two (I was the victim, not the perp.)

I have NEVER been asked for any personal information as it pertains to earnings or assets, EVER. I have, on the other hand, had the estimated expenses associated with my various problems outlined for me before I start, and never been charged for the initial conversation about what it WOULD or could cost.

There's a lot of misplaced lawyer hate here.

I'm gonna pass on the gay notion, as that could get us into P&R trouble.

D

19. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    I think lawyers are great. As long as they're on my side. :)

20. Adamas

Adamas F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2012
    Out of town
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I wouldn’t care one bit.

....and yes, I ‘tell’ my wife I’m getting another exotic car, I don’t ‘ask’ her.

Mike

21. Adamas

Adamas F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2012
    Out of town
    Full Name:
    Mike

Give her my number; there’s a whole thread on here about me.

Mike

410-913-0300

22. Adamas

Adamas F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2012
    Out of town
    Full Name:
    Mike

.....Jeeeeezzzzzuuuusssss.....this again ???? :rolleyes::rolleyes::)

23. Adamas

Adamas F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2012
    Out of town
    Full Name:
    Mike

Errrrrrrrrr.......no.

Mike

24. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    What? I'm convinced it's a scam. Explain why I'm wrong or sod off. Anyone can intentionally misspell words and use roll eye smilies. :p

25. Adamas

Adamas F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2012
    Out of town
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Define ‘scam’ please.

Mike