Why are divorces so expensive... | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Why are divorces so expensive...

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by FloridaToAtlanta, Jun 23, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    scam |skam| noun informal a dishonest scheme; a fraud: an insurance scam.verb (scams, scamming, scammed) [with object] swindle: a guy that scams the elderly out of their savings.

2. Adamas

Adamas F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2012
    Out of town
    Full Name:
    Mike
    So, for the sake of clarity*, and I’m not being pedantic here, you are of the opinion that the ‘entire’ business is a scam ? Please give me a run down of how the scam works (especially who gets scammed and how).

Mike

* see what I did there ? :D

3. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Why should the onus be on me? See, that's a scammer tactic right there. Your expertise may be in something utterly frivolous like jewelry, but mine is in rare coins. If I have an MS67 1880/79 cc Morgan dollar, I have a Blue Book and a Red Book I can consult, which even lists all the die varieties. I can then take that coin to any reputable coin shop in the land and sell it for what the Blue Book says it's worth, or close. With my mom's appraised jewelry - she paid a lot for those appraisals - no jeweler could even tell me what percentage of that I should be able to get in exchange. And, they were all, without exception, slimeballs who were just trying to steal the merchandise, figuring I was some broke and desperate nobody. So, I just hopped back in my Ferrari and left.

I think jewelers are as low as lawyers, frankly, but I admit that was just my anecdotal experience.

schwoo likes this.