Why buy a Maserati? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Why buy a Maserati?

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by UroTrash, Oct 12, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dave_fonz_164

dave_fonz_164 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Davide Giuseppe F.
    really depends on your budget, if you want less maintance and a warranty go for the warranty. the 456 is he nicer, more exclusive car. performance is similar for both.

2. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    This 456 is 9 years old........I'd rather have a brand new Maserati with a full warranty. Also, the Maserati engine has timing chains........no expensive belt service.

3. TimF40

TimF40 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Seattle/Bay Area/NYC
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Don't be fooled: even though you pay $75k for this, you're still doing maintenance on a $200k car. The price depreciates, the maint costs don't...

4. The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter Formula Junior

Feb 27, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    The Mad Hatter
    All Hail Kitty Fishsticks!!!!!!!!

5. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat

<Kitty Fishsticks> Meow!</Kitty Fishsticks>

6. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    I bought a 04 Maser Coupe for the wife last month. We originally looked at a 456GTA and she loved the Ferrari (even test drove one) but at the end of the day common sense took over and the problems with windows, A-trannys etc. were just not worth the hassle. The first time the car would have had to go to the shop I would have had an ear full.
    So she saw the Maser and said: I like that.
    The right deal came along and bang...she had her car. 4-year warranty, 50K Miles sold me on the car. She needs the Automatic, although she now loves the F1 shifting. I will slowly get her to accept a 6-speed as a daily driver.

7. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

You guys have heard of extended warranties....right ?

I am not plugging for Bentasm here....just commenting.

The Maser coupe is an absolutely gorgeous car, that is beautifully finished...same for the spyder. Why not buy one cheap ?

8. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    02 Maser. Coupes seem to be a great deal... $55K to $66K for a nice low mile car with a warranty... My mom put one on her list for when shes done with school. 6 Speed of course. What are the Maser. service costs and intervals like?