Why would Ferrari dealer send car to auction? | FerrariChat

Why would Ferrari dealer send car to auction?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by StrikeEagle, Mar 20, 2021.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. StrikeEagle

StrikeEagle Rookie

Nov 28, 2014
    I’m close to pulling trigger on a 2015 California T, only 10k miles. Problem is - car fax shows the original Ferrari dealer serviced it for 4 years and then sold it straight to auction.

Even though I plan to get a PPI from a local mech that knows F cars, I’m still nervous that this thing has gremlins.

any thoughts very much appreciated. Thank you in advance!

2. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    what does send to auction mean?

manheim has moved into the "ebay" of dealers arena. u can list cars for sale on their platform. bid, sell, etc.

many of the stuff you see on a dealer website is also offered on menheim.

F2003-GA likes this.
  3. bigsquat

bigsquat Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2013
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Troy
    If a dealer is consigning a car that takes a long time to sell they will get an offer from a wholesaler and see if the seller is interested. That is one way they get to auction from a dealer. I assume if they have a trade in and the same "long time to sell" issue exists or they don't want that car in inventory they can sell it to the wholesaler as well.

4. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    take carfax with a grain of salt. google search the vin if you haven't already. Carfax does nto usually list what type/place ofauction... if it went through Mecum, Barrett, Gooding ...why is that a bad thing? Dealer to dealer auction...who knows. Maybe call the original dealer and see if you can get some info.

I'm assuming the thought it the dealer dumped it at an auction just to get rid of it. I can see how that thought could happen but Probably not the case