Will Lewis quit & who is available to replace him ? | Page 25 | FerrariChat

Will Lewis quit & who is available to replace him ?

Discussion in 'F1' started by greyboxer, Dec 16, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Focus on the cause ,not effect. Masi's decisions was the kick off of everything we're discussing right now.

Wass85, surfwolf and ricksb like this.
  2. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet

With you it is not a discussion but rather a monologue.
    Just because you repeat a lie a thousand times does not make it a truth.
    The exact opposite of what ( PR) said 80 years ago in Germany.

500drvr and Bas like this.
  3. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    you are very right on this. As for F1 based media, they are now tending to target the lowest common denominator now and get all the clicks on their site. Sad.

ricksb likes this.
  4. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Where did I lie? Explain why you think Masi's decisions had nothing to do with Toto and Lewis missing the Gala.

5. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    I certainly agree that they aren’t doing the FIA any favors to clean up the mess, but are they obligated to do so? We watched Max leave the podium ceremony at Jeddah because he feels he was screwed on the calls (like the 10 sec penalty) and the race was manipulated. He felt no cause to defend Masi (though they forced Marko into an apology) and I saw no issues with that. It wasn’t his responsibility to defend the FIA’s questionable decisions.

I feel the same is true of Hamilton. While his silence isn’t helping this to ‘go away’, at least he isn’t running around casting a shadow by openly saying “I was robbed”. That would be far more damaging. The FIA created this mess and not in a single lap of the last race. All of the teams are complaining, so it makes me feel Masi is more the fall guy for Liberty than a rogue operator. No proof of this, but I think we all expressed concerns of manipulation during the season (Silverstone, Spa, Monza, Imola, Turkey, Brazil, Jeddah, Abu Dhabi, etc) and the drivers were equally concerned

gsfent, TifosiConch, Terra and 3 others like this.
  6. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Like the quali session in Jerez 1997 with Schumacher /Villeneuve /Frentzen doing exactly the same time ?
    Honestly I have sometimes the same feeling with this season I have to admit..
    And the spectacular Mercedes improvement the last part of the season when no improvement is usually allowed by the rules..
    Nevertheless the FIA gala is something different than a podium ceremony it seems in my book ?

7. FordGTDriver

FordGTDriver Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2007
    The original premise of this thread was a contemplation of whether Lewis would leave F1. The mere fact that this "threat" was floated by Hamilton's handlers, including Toto, illustrates the danger of starting to believe one's own press. Hamilton has created such an echo chamber for himself, that he now believes that the best way to punish the world for its insults against him is to...deprive said world of his vital presence. Really? The season doesn't go the way you wanted it to, so your response is to threaten to take your toys and go home? Someone in Sir Lewis' camp better do a reality check and tell the emperor he is wearing no clothes. Check yo' self before you wreck yo' self.

I've commented before that Karma is real and that the outcome of the 2021 season was proof. The disgraceful conduct of Mercedes in the aftermath simply drives the point home. Can't wait for next season. Honestly can't say I'd be sorry to see Hamilton pursue other interests. Let's get back to racing...it's going to be an epic season.

stavura, 500drvr, 375+ and 9 others like this.
  8. surfwolf

surfwolf Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 14, 2012
    Bethany, OR
    Full Name:
    Michael Wolfe

I will NOT be looking forward to or watching F1 anymore! It became sports "entertainment" with Masi, the FIA, and Liberty Media. After over 35 years of being an avid F1 fan and supporter, the farce/hypocrisy that was Abu Dhabi, ended any desire to watch or follow going forward. I don't love Hamilton, or Mercedes. I do love fair equitable true motorsport, something F1 has left behind for Libery and $.....

9. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet

I don’t believe a word of it.
    I said the same thing after Suzuka 1990 and I’m still here.
    If Ferrari became competitive again many participants in this forum would regain a certain cheerfulness be sure..

Bas likes this.
  10. surfwolf

surfwolf Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 14, 2012
    Bethany, OR
    Full Name:
    Michael Wolfe
    I remember it well, Suzuka 1990 was another very dark chapter for F1. And the fact you draw a parallel to 2021 Abu Dhabi says volumes about how bad the farce/contrived drama finish really was.
    F1 lost pure race fans in Suzuka, and I am sure they have lost 10x more from Abu Dhabi. Enjoy going forward, I hope F1 realizes how bad they made the sport look. But no chance........

11. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Wasn't 1989 the same result with regards to Suzuka and the same 2 driver's???

Do you.have numbers to support your claim "F1 lost pure race fans at Suzuka(1990) and I'm sure they lost 10x more from Abu Dhsbi."
    (that's a pretty lofty claim or personal bias that you're saying because I have yet to see the loss in numbers from Abu Dhabi....yet.)

12. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Elton won' t leave...it's just his drama show...he's got no life outside f.1, unlike Nico when he left.

Bas likes this.
  13. Wass85

Wass85 Formula Junior

Jul 11, 2021
    Full Name:
    Damon Smith
    Probably about the same as Max Verstappen before he got the seat at RB.

14. mcimino

mcimino Formula 3

Oct 5, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    :D Nah..Max took a not so competitive car (look at his team mates performance in the same car) and put it ahead of the Mercedes.

jpalmito likes this.
  15. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Highly doubt F1 lost any fans at all. Probably will gain a bunch more with new cars and hopefully closer racing.

As for the “pure fans” lost because Suzuka 1990, on the contrary, the event inspired some impure fans (HAM, cough, cough) to paint their helmet in the colors of Ayrton “the torpedo” Senna. :)

16. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    I believe Ham will be back. Merc would be doing more to look for replacement if Ham wasn't returning!

17. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    tifosi12 and jpalmito like this.
  18. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    It’s all just managed publicity. There’s no way he’s quitting. At the very least, racing in 2022 will give him a platform to keep talking about 2021.

stavura, tifosi12, furoni and 2 others like this.
  19. Wass85

Wass85 Formula Junior

Jul 11, 2021
    Full Name:
    Damon Smith
    Wonder why it took him this long then.

20. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Because the Mercedes was a better car with bulletproof reliability.

Bas, 375+ and ingegnere like this.
  21. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Canada 2019 costed f.1 some real fans....as for this year last race...nobody cares except Elton fans

Jeronimo GTO, ingegnere and Bas like this.
  22. Wass85

Wass85 Formula Junior

Jul 11, 2021
    Full Name:
    Damon Smith
    But he doesn't need a competitive car doesn't he, oh wait.

23. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet

Get out of here, Ktu !:p

Jeronimo GTO likes this.
  24. Wass85

Wass85 Formula Junior

Jul 11, 2021
    Full Name:
    Damon Smith
    No, just love putting the Verstappen fanatics in their place.

He had to have the best car and still needed a gift to beat an old pensioner in Hamilton.

william and surfwolf like this.
  25. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Do you like it or not, but Verstappen is a phenomenon..
    Perhaps one of the best driver of all time.
    Just imagine for one second a guy winning a Gp at 18 years old..
    Vertiginous isn’t it ?

Jeronimo GTO, 375+ and Bas like this.