Will the 296 even sell for over sticker? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Will the 296 even sell for over sticker?

Discussion in '296' started by Cadeaux, Jul 8, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fws357

fws357 Karting

Mar 27, 2022
    For that to happen, the dealer has to get everyone who is on the waitlist to spec their cars, then rank their list by price. Then they have to consider those VVIP customers, special relationship customers, etc, so the ranking logic may get complicated very fast. then, once they give allocations to the top tier customers, there is always a chance someone will make adjustments between 10G and 10R. So, I am not sure how that's going to work. In my case, I was told allocation around next July, so I haven't not even bothered to spec anything yet.

sparetireless and F2003-GA like this.
  2. DQSF

DQSF Karting

Dec 19, 2020
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Dennis Q
    I wasn't told anything regarding option price vs allocation. Dealer felt happy that I had a well spec'd car. I have to imagine that all things being equal, going high vs low would get you some preference. But I think previous relationship status as well as when you first placed your deposit has to factor in as well. I can't imagine that walking in today and simply ticking off every box gets you the first allocation.

Cadeaux likes this.
  3. kbaillie

kbaillie Karting

Nov 4, 2009
    My SA ha been helping me arrive at a very reasonable spec for our GTB. It'll come in at $400k or just under, and be super fun to own and drive until my GTS arrives (which he's letting me go a little nutty on). I've felt zero pressure to spec the most highly-configured car for the sake of spending more money, and have a sense of trust that he's in it for the long term relationship. That's a feeling I really dig about Ferrari, and get from no other marque: it's not about tomorrow, it's about the next 20+ years!

4. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    i've been told high spec cars get first allocation before with ferrari and other manufactures, the pts gt4rs for example are the ones we are seeing around atm

I was told with my 458 spec that if I didn't option it extremely high then I'd have to wait a long time or might not even get a car

ryalex and Cadeaux like this.
  5. BeachDoc

BeachDoc Rookie

Jan 30, 2022
    Full Name:
    Paul Johnstone
    Seems to be dealer specific. My dealer told me two years so if you can resell after only one year you are lucky

Cadeaux likes this.
  6. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    +1 made some tweaks to the interior this past week. Added a little more interior CF (console tunnel). Comes in now at $399k. The order book being closed gave me a little more confidence - I have the exact same plan: drive it 12-18 mos until the GTS.

F2003-GA likes this.
  7. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    What is Towbin giving you as a delivery date?

8. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Nothing firm, but hoping before April.

9. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Thanks!

10. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    I went a little heavy on my spec;

$520,282 with no Assetto Fiorano pack.

ryalex likes this.
  11. j09333

j09333 Formula 3

May 7, 2004
    Mine is at 70. Will be here soon.

Anyway, car is this good then people will know. It is so so good to drive. Exciting to floor it and fun to send it with those ferrari magic front understeer!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

ryalex likes this.
  12. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Thats violent !!!

What did u spec?

13. Sushistar

Sushistar Karting

Jan 20, 2018
    Berlin
    Ferrari raise the prices for the 296 GTB in November oder Dezember. 5 percent more is the result. So all 2022 will sell over sticker :)

14. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    How? Lol

15. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    So, I've been floating the idea of doing TM for the GTS. A PTS 3-layer pearl light blue/aqua paint (similar to McLaren Belize Blue or Blu Carolina), one of the cool leathers (Heritage Mahogany or Marrone? Count Prestige? Hermes orange?), and some light-colored wood trim. My wife was not keen on the cost but she has a while to get used to the idea. :D :D

SAFE4NOW and of2worlds like this.
  16. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Count Prestige has a very nice grain to the leather. There is always Grigio Alloy at a more modest cost to keep the better half somewhat happy...

ryalex likes this.
  17. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    If you are spec'ing the car for your self, IE: You are the first owner, purchasing it from the Ferrari Dealership, you should be paying MSRP.
    What MSRP is, is difficult to establish, since pricing is finalized once the chassis is completed, at which time he invoice is sent to the selling dealership.
    The price is what the price is.

Now, if you are purchasing it from an original owner, making you the second owner of the chassis, you will more than likely be paying the premium.
    Wether you buy from a dealership or an private individual, IMO

Build slots are build slots, build a base car or Taylor Made, your slot is what it is. If anything the higher spec cars, with more detail work, specialized paint colors or added painted shields, special materials ( all higher spec / price ) will take longer than the easy to throw together base models.

I'm interested to see an example of someone who paid over MSRP for a brand new Ferrari from a Dealership.
    Please, post the window sticker and the buyers order showing the premium line item listed.
    Be sure to cover the personal information, we don't want that floating out there.

;-)

S

ryalex likes this.
  18. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    True, but I'd pay for PTS on a stock interior before a TM interior with a stock color!

What's your gut check on TM for a 296GTS - will prices hold enough for it to not be a horrific loss if resale was necessary? Realistically I'm only considering it because it would be a permanent collection car for me, and would go for something that would be recognizable forever as my car. As close to a Special Projects as I could swing at this point of my career and client status.

SAFE4NOW and jm2 like this.
  19. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    The question of the extra cost for tailor made holding up on resale has been discussed before. The general consensus was NO. Part of the reason you lose the premium is the build specification is 'different' and reflects the taste of the original client. As tailor made is all about and encourages the unusual design theme the potential buyer pool later is limited. Some tailor made cars look amazing and may get an easier ride in the resale market; others you wonder what the client was thinking!
    As noted by a UK buyer Ferrari offers a special program for just paint to sample builds. You don't need Atelier or a tailor made appointment for that option.

ryalex likes this.
  20. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    Hey Ryan. Bottom line? You only live once and you are dead a real long time.

ryalex likes this.
  21. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    If doing TM do it in Italy or NYC. Go there, and have the experience. You can change one element (thread size, color etc) and its tailer made. AND TM gives you Ferrari points. We hope to do TM for our 296GTS...

of2worlds and ryalex like this.
  22. DavidJames1

DavidJames1 Formula 3

Mar 6, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    I
    If you’re worried about drop in price of TM spec for your car then don’t do it as, depending how far you go you’d probably take a reasonable hit on resale. You would have less risk doing TM for a limited series car. I do TM because I like to have the car the way I want it - I enjoy the design process and that is part of the ultimate pleasure of ownership. If I sell later and take a loss - so be it. I’ve never specced a car for resale. That said, TM doesn’t always give you what you want. I’ve had a 3-4 month battle with them on my 812 GTS spec and got most of what I want but not all. I’ll do my 296 GTS as a reasonably specced standard car on the assumption that there will be a VS aperta in the future - that I’d do TM.

ryalex and VegasGreek like this.
  23. Sushistar

Sushistar Karting

Jan 20, 2018
    Berlin
    Ferrari Italy raise the prices for all 296 GTB in November Dezember. Every new buyer will get a letter with the price increase.

ryalex likes this.
  24. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    I believe ford raised prices double digits on their trucks....inflation is here to stay.

25. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Good question, I mean if the GTS comes out as quickly as the 488 GTS to the 488GTB I wouldnt imagine you having an issue.
    IMO, after spending an entire day on track driving the 296GTB in Italy, its going to do really well, demand will ( is ) exceeding production, so I'd expect pricing to hold for sometime... just my opinion.

S

ryalex likes this.