Will there be a F12 "HGTE" Announced at Frankfurt in September? | Page 88 | FerrariChat

Will there be a F12 "HGTE" Announced at Frankfurt in September?

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Ferro458, Mar 8, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. crazyblack

crazyblack Karting

Aug 6, 2011
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Oliver
    I ordered a 458 SA without any purchasing history with the dealer or any other in the last 6 Years. I'm totally unknown in Maranello. But I have a very good relationship with my dealer. (After switching, because Ferrari has reduced dealership in Germany)
    My car was delivered and a customer, who didn't get a car, complained at the factory. They wrote him, that it is not in their hands, which customer gets cars, but they will ask the dealer.
    The dealer was asked and had to answer a few questions. Then, the ceo of Ferrari Germany asked me at the presentation of 488 about the process of buying the 458 SA. It was a very pleasent talk. Now, my name is known in Maranello ;)

2. crazyblack

crazyblack Karting

Aug 6, 2011
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Oliver
    I can only talk for Germany and my dealer. He decides, which customer gets a F12 VS. I talked to him last month, because same situation as with my 458 SA now with F12 VS and a friend of mine.
    Maybe it is his standing in Maranello as one of the largest dealers in europe.

3. MisterMaranello

MisterMaranello F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2011
    Europe
    #2178 MisterMaranello, Oct 4, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
    Connections are everything, also in the world of Ferrari. The very first FXX was handed over to a client with zero Ferrari history, who showed up hungover a few hours late for the Fiorano shakedown - with LdM waiting for him. Trust me when I say whoever in Maranello faciliated for this client to receive the first FXX had to answer for themselves later...

In your case, the dealer might not have forwarded the name of the client who complained to the factory. Hence there was likely no decision for them to make in his behalf. If your dealer personally advocated for your car to the factory (which you lead me to believe they did, since you state you have a very good relationship), you would - and did - receive an allocation.

4. cridom60

cridom60 Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2007
    France
    Full Name:
    dominique
    You're right, I will be pleased as usual to see finally after few months how many "serious buyers" will try to flip their car when "non serious" buyers" will buy them!

5. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Lots of good info here. I hope it works out for you Peter. I think you are right there are other factors but George has it nailed about how involved you are (mostly financially). For what its worth, at least in the USA, I hear its not all locked in stone.

6. 911C4S

911C4S Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2011
    thanks. i developed my passion for cars only recently and worked my way up from porsche, BMW to ferrari, so i did not have a chance to get into limited editions earlier. my dealer offered me an allocation for an aperta but i dislike cars without roofs so i turned it down. as an afterthought i should have taken it to increase my chance for the F12 special edition and sell it afterwards. since i am never stationary in one place for sufficiently long (certainly i spend more time on planes than in my car) it does not make sense to own more than one car at the same time, so it is a bit hard to catch up::::)))).
    anyway, let us wait and see. if i really like the car i can always buy one of those which get immediately shifted by 'happy' owners:::)))) - certainly more economic for me than buying FF's and F12's i won't use.... if not, the 488 is a good interim option until the 488 speciale arrives in two years.
    on monday i shall bother my dealer again:::)))
    cheers peter

7. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Very nice! I hope it works out. My free advice: if they offer you a special car like the Aperta- so long as you can afford it- just say yes. Good things tend to happen when you say yes. :)

8. 911C4S

911C4S Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2011
    you are very right. stupidly enough, i made the same mistake more than once recently: with the speciale, Aperta and the GT3RS (i was number 1 on my porsche dealer's list but rejected the allocation). now i have rethought and went back on the GT3RS list, but most likely it is too late.
    anyway, my deposit is down for the 488Speciale and the 488GTB will make time fly until it is released.
    cheers peter

9. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    As the allocation system is such a mystery, known only to Ferrari and then maybe not, I could have had an Aperta but chose, indeed was advised, not to take the car as it might have prejudiced my shot at the VS, the car I really wanted. Out of the two, no question which was uppermost in my sights, but then maybe taking the Aperta might not have been such a bad move and not prejudiced my chances on the VS. Impossible to say but at least I have the car I really want, apparently earlier than I thought, maybe April May.

10. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK
    #2185 Camlet1, Oct 5, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
    There's little consistency. My dealer offered me a 458 SA (I said yes) and a few days later the dealer then phoned to announce they had put me down for a VS, I hadn't asked. The VS is ordered. As was noted earlier by someone else I think the dealer determines much more than is assumed.

11. cesman

cesman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2008
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Craig

+1

And dealers say it's Ferrari who decides to deflect any possible fallout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. speed racer

speed racer Formula 3

Feb 16, 2008
    Burr Ridge IL.
    Full Name:
    PJ
    The dealer sends their list of potential buyers to Ferrari. Your dealer "Campaigns" for their clients. "Campaigns" is the term used by my dealer for pushing your credibility with Ferrari. How well your dealer pushed for you is half the equation. The other half is left up to the factory depending on demographics,production caps, pricing and how effective each dealer is in selling their product...........and of course the typical corporate in fighting and politics as to which dealer gets how many of each model. Thats how business was done when I was vetted to buy my 599 GTO and since my hat is also in the ring for a VS the procedure up to now has been almost identical. The only difference has been when my name was put on the list for a GTO a team from Ferrari was sent to the U.S. to individually sign off on every potential buyer.

13. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    I bet the calendar was cleared for that appointment!

14. AutobahnAndTrack

AutobahnAndTrack Formula Junior

Dec 31, 2014
    Frankfurt, Germany
    Full Name:
    Stefan G
    What is your assumption of the secondary market for F12 VS for the different markets i.e. continents?

For europe MSRP is about 400k incl VAT.
    What do you think it will be traded for just before first cars are available, immediately after first deliveries and maybe 3, 6 and 12 months after?

I have no insights into how the 599 GTO behaved and neither Do I know if it is comparable at all.

15. MisterMaranello

Apr 5, 2011
    Europe
    This should be focused about the cars, not those who cynically misuse Ferrari's trust to earn a quick buck. It's a limited series V12 Ferrari, surprise surpise; it will appreciate.

16. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Excellent point as is the one just above about the focus should be the car, not flipping it.

17. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Exactly :)

18. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK
    Agreed. The slightly ironic point given we're on FChat, is with the massive growth of social media and the mobile web combined with the very individual specs on LE models, it's now very easy for Ferrari to track a flip in progress. And track they do.

Someone I know well had his recently acquired RHD 458 SA posted on an indie dealers website. Within hours Ferrari had slammed the supplying dealer, the car was withdrawn and excuses made - "I drove my car to the indie dealer to see some of his motors and without my knowledge the cheeky indie dealer took a pic of my 458 SA and posted it for sale". Quite funny, true or not.

So unless someone doesn't give a **** about not being offered a LE again, the traditional flip is becoming an increasingly endangered species. And rightly so.

19. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK
    In the UK, the 599 GTO flat-lined for 3 years and like most models, went into orbit from late 2013 onwards. I bought mine new in Jan 2011 and in the first 12 months it in theory even went backwards, I say in theory because I was never going to sell it. She's not going anywhere today either and current valuations are amusing, as they say, what goes up.........the car however remains a brute and hugely special.

20. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    #2195 Traveller, Oct 7, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
    I happen to believe this car will see very strong immediate growth and I would then most likely not be able to afford it, so all that does is reinforce how fortunate we are to have the opportunity to buy in at ground level. Given a stable world, as most likely the ultimate evolution of the n/a front engine V12, this is potentially a very important car and its values will reflect this. To me, growth is irrelevant, I am just ecstatic I will get the opportunity to own and drive this car for years to come, God willing!

21. MisterMaranello

Apr 5, 2011
    Europe
    This summer my dealer told me they received a memo from Ferrari informing them strictly to report any ownership change on LaFerrari or LE models that they may encounter. I also become aware that any dealer who is 'caught' selling cars to private agents who flip cars receive an immediate five figure € fine and a warning their status as a dealership is in danger. (There was a situation similiar to this here earlier this year, hence my dealer received the above info). Ferrari monitors Facebook and social media. If a car shows up for sale or if they receive a tipoff about a VIN, they call up the dealer who delivered and demand documentation on the sale.

22. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK
    I admire Ferrari's stance, otherwise it's all BS. I put my F50 on MyFerrari and to my surprise I received an email from the factory asking for a copy of my V5 ( proof of ownership) before processing. I thought that was cool, and in this data driven world makes absolute sense. If Ferrari doesn't guard its brand equity who will. The tougher the better.

23. patekswiss

patekswiss Formula 3

Mar 31, 2014
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Lorenzo

I agree. These things are imponderable; the best laid plans and all that. Too many things happening in the environment affect values: market performance, economic boom or bust, competitive moves, issues with brand equity, overseas demand, and on and on. LE F cars are a good bet, but its still a bet. My view is to consider the investment sunk cost, pure consumption, something I spend in return for pleasure and enjoyment. If I think I might need the money for something else and rely on being able to liquidate the car, I don't buy in the first place. Any upside that happens is therefore pure icing on the cake. I think that's the way to go, the car should be a joy, not another source of worry!

24. Zaius

Zaius Formula Junior

May 8, 2014
    +1

25. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013