Windgate Ranch - Festival of Speed | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Windgate Ranch - Festival of Speed

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by agup48, Feb 24, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. I'm gone

I'm gone Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2006
    Phoenix,az
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Missed it by a day once again! anyone have pics?

2. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Yeah, we had lots of cameras out there. I took a lot of video. I did a walk-around video, so if that's any good you'll see that. I have a video where I luckily got to ride in the Aventador, it's processing on YouTube as I type! :)

3. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    What a great day! This event really went to the next level from years past.

We raised just under $8K for the AZ 100 Club. Not bad for an informal get together on a Saturday morning. Thanks to everyone who came out with their cars and cameras, without you and your enthusiasm events like Windgate and C&C would not exist.

4. agup48

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Wow, that's an incredible number! :)

Thanks for putting this on! The weather was amazing and I cannot imagine every seeing some of those cars ever again!

Also, here's the video I made a reference to in an earlier post, enjoy it: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y19QcltbMM]GoPro'd RIDE! - Arancio Argos Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 - YouTube[/ame]

Photos are in the process of being edited.

5. agup48

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    #31 agup48, Mar 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Great pictures, Jim! Thanks again for the history lessons, always interesting to know about some cars that we rarely see and some that have historical value to them!

Question: Does anyone know the S/N for the Monza? TIA! :eek:

Here are some of my pictures, enjoy! :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. pat_ernzen

pat_ernzen Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2006
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Patrick Ernzen
    Really nice photos, fellas. Always enjoy seeing each photographer's perspective on the same event. Amazing how varied everyone's shots are.

And a big thanks to the event organizers, participants and everyone else involved. Always one of the very best events of the year and even better when it raises good money for a good cause.

Only have 18 shots edited so far (including a little cameo by the very talented Otis Blank), but hope to find a little time to get more up soon.

Desert-Motors.com :: Automotive Photography - Phoenix, Arizona - Windgate Ranch Festival of Speed 2013 - March 23rd, 2012

7. JeremyJon

JeremyJon F1 Veteran

Jul 28, 2010
    Calgary, Canada
    nice pics! nice looking event!

8. New River KTM

New River KTM Rookie

Sep 11, 2009
    Had a nice drive and the cars were all spectacular. Loved driving the D type and the Zagato Alfa for everyone to enjoy. See everyone next year.

9. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Thanks for bringing out some great cars.

10. Dogdish

Dogdish Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2005
    Denver
    Agreed....some GREAT cars out there. That 750 Monza was my personal fav.....what a sexy front end on that beast.

Dogdish

11. d-kauf

d-kauf Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2006
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    David
    Great show all around. Was curious if anyone could give some details about the older Ferrari race cars that were on hand? Don't know much about them at all, but they were a treat to see in person, as was the old Alfa 8C.

12. agup48

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    The 500TR was 0650MDTR, it won a few races from what I can find online, but aside from that, that's all I know of it.

Here's a video if it starting up: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRqpX4xCF9o[/ame]

The other Ferrari was a 750 Monza, thanks to Miura P400 for clearing that up for me, I thought it was another 500TR. I don't know anything about that one unfortunately, I hope someone else does.

A big +1 to that!

13. mrcarlosspicey

mrcarlosspicey Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    Omaha
    Full Name:
    Parker
    About the 750 Monza. I'm not sure how many were made but I do know of atleast one that was bought from a lady using it as a yard ornament in her pasture. A gentleman bought it the sold it to a collector in Australia because it was to expensive to restore.

14. bushwhacker

bushwhacker In Memoriam

May 25, 2006
    Phoenix Az.
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Nice snaps guys, thanks. Sorry I missed it.

15. agup48

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Another video: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDZcQD2LHiI]Lamborghini Gallardo SE accelerating - YouTube[/ame]

16. LP400S

LP400S Formula 3

May 18, 2002
    West Coast
    !The Arizona Festival of Speed 2013 was another huge success, with over $10,000 raised for the Arizona 100 Club! To date we have raised ten’s of thousands of dollars for the Arizona 100 Club! The weather was almost as spectacular as the vehicles displayed on the lawn at the beautiful Wingate Ranch in Scottsdale. Many of the vehicles were of historical significance and rare to be able to see this close up. Thanks to everyone involved in putting on this great event, it couldn’t have been done without all of our great sponsors, the spectators who came out, the automobile enthusiast community, and I can’t forget all my good friends that went above and beyond to help put this together, you know who you are! Next year is already shaping up to be bigger yet so stay tuned for info. See you all at our next monthly coffee gathering!!!

17. Napoleondyna

Napoleondyna Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2006
    Tucson, AZ
    Full Name:
    Otis Blank
    #44 Napoleondyna, Mar 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  18. agup48

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    So...I believe it's 0530M, anyways, here is a video I took of it:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Xi7ZR7Zu8k]Ferrari 750 Monza Spyder Scaglietti Startup! - YouTube[/ame]

19. pat_ernzen

pat_ernzen Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2006
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Patrick Ernzen
    #46 pat_ernzen, Apr 1, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
  20. copterjon

copterjon Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2005
    Mesa, Az.
    Greats shots as usual Pat. It was good to see you out shooting these beauties.

Thanks for capturing the XKSS...my favourite car there.

21. Kyoso_Joey

Kyoso_Joey Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2010
    Scottsdale
    Full Name:
    Joey