Windshield Wipers + Arms | FerrariChat

Windshield Wipers + Arms

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by ArtS, Oct 13, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ArtS

ArtS F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Central NJ
    Since its been raining hard for almost a week here in New Jersey, I've been thinking about my windshield wipers (yes, I drive my car in the rain :) ). I'm pretty sure the wipers on my car incorrect. Besides appearance, they lift off of the windshield at high speed (not in the rain). Does anyone have the specs, make and model of the correct wipers and arms for a 330 GT 2+2?

Thanks,

Art S.

2. GTSguy

GTSguy Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Ha - sounds like you've got the originals!

I have the originals on my 275 - they are downright lousy. Will look later to see if any useful info is on them.

3. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    On the day I replaced the springs with tighter ones which I remember helped.
    I also attached a small airfoil which helped as well.

4. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I've been careful to save the OEM wire arms, as putting a big modern blade holder on there definately will add to air drag......

The airfoil clip would be a good idea, my 22"ers on the T/A have a BIG honkin' plastic one, to hold em down.

Matt at Reoriginals has the wire style ones, last I noticed.

Did you keep a record drawing of that airfoil you made, Jim????

5. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    I think I got it from a Ford LTD wiper arm which also had a washer sprayer built into the wiper. Got it from JC Whitney. Never did try their coil that tapped into the coolant line and ran throught the wiper fluid res. but it looked interesting. I was afraid that it might crack the windshield when I after I parked my 275 GTB outside overnight in Vermont. I do remember starting fluid fired her right up even when it was 20 below. You did have to remember to block off the rad. with cardboard for the first hour or so.

6. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Just heat trace tape the engine block, and plug it into the neighbor's outlet.. after dark...;)