Windshield Wipers | FerrariChat

Windshield Wipers

Discussion in '206/246' started by kjw9028, Aug 2, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kjw9028

kjw9028 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 3, 2010
    Sylvania,Oh-Naples,F
    Full Name:
    Ken Wise
    Replaced the radiator fan switch on my 69 Dino and that works fine now. Unfortunately after rinsing the car down, I turned the wipers on and they stopped working about a third of the way in their cycle. Checked the fuse, looks okay. Any other obvious places to look? I tried to do a search but it's almost impossible with this new format. Thanks.

Ken

2. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    #2 TTR, Aug 2, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
    Good ground to the motor ?
    When was it, drive gear and all cable/linkage assembly components completely serviced (i.e. disassembled, cleaned & lubed) ? Within last 10 years ?
    If not, service might be past due.

3. pshoejberg

pshoejberg Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2007
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Peter H
    The wiper design on the the early 246's is very weak and prone to malfunction if not kept in absolutely good shape. As mentioned above ensure to keep the drive gear lubed including the cable and the two shaft bushings (The shafts often goes stuck in the bushings due to corrosion).

Best Peter

4. kjw9028

kjw9028 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 3, 2010
    Sylvania,Oh-Naples,F
    Full Name:
    Ken Wise
    Thanks for the input. Assume you have to remove the spare wheel liner to get to it, any tricks there?

5. pshoejberg

pshoejberg Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2007
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Peter H
    No need for removing the complete wheel well liner. Just remove the panel in the wheel well liner (see picture) and the LHS inner fender wheel panel.

Best Peter

Image Unavailable, Please Login