Windshield | FerrariChat

Windshield

Discussion in '206/246' started by solly, Jul 14, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. solly

solly Formula 3

Jun 2, 2001
    Westchester NY
    Full Name:
    Dr. Steven S.
    Anyone hiding an extra OEM front windshield? got a tiny (4-5 mm) stone chip on passenger side about 5 years ago. Safelite did a great job of fixing it with resin, but now it's starting to "star" internally, and the star gets a bit larger every time I drive it. It's now the size of a quarter. I hate to lose the original glass (I think it's Securvit or similar), but I don't think the star is repairable. In any event, I'm a buyer for OEM front glass.
    If not, who makes the best repro, in terms of fit and finish? I've read a bunch of posts where owners have bought front repro glass and it didn't fit. Any suggestions?
    BTW I just hit 60,000 miles today. Had 44.5k when I bought it, so 15.5k miles in 17 years. With insurance, maintenance, repairs, a major mechanical and cosmetic refurbishment in 2007-2008 that's about $6.00 per mile. Good thing I sold my Challenge cars. They were closer to $60 per mile:)

2. solly

solly Formula 3

Jun 2, 2001
    Westchester NY
    Full Name:
    Dr. Steven S.
    Thanks. Saw that one, but he won't ship to USA for some reason.

3. racerboy9

racerboy9 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Sigla would be my first choice for a replacement windshield. I think Pilkington bought out Sigla so they might have them now.