Wine tours near Walla Walla | FerrariChat

Wine tours near Walla Walla

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by ross, Feb 14, 2024.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    Hello all,
    At the end of May my son will (finally) be graduating from Whitman, and we are looking forward to the graduation weekend. Many family members will be joining us, and we thought that a good way to entertain them would be one of the many wine tours on offer.

Would anybody be able to recommend one or two that you may have experienced personally?

Any info or advice is appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

2. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Don't know about tours, it's been years since I've been over there, and I don't really drink any more but.....some of the top ones from memory would be Leonetti, Figgins, and Dunham that I'd try to hit. All three around Walla Walla. I'm sure there are more and the weather should be good over there that time of year. I'm sure there are probably companies that may be able to combine several wineries as there are a BUNCH of them there.

3. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    I think Woodward Canyon used to be there too.

4. surfwolf

surfwolf Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 14, 2012
    Bethany, OR
    Full Name:
    Michael Wolfe
    Northstar is a good one to visit. Leonetti has a huge ego issue, unless you are a member good luck. Chateau St Michelle closed their tasting rooms in 2020.

5. Jim P

Jim P Rookie

Jan 26, 2021
    Full Name:
    Jim P
    Doubleback is in the area. Their web site says that you need to reserve for tastings.

6. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Congratulations to your son.

Contact @Willdief. He lead a FCA Chapter wine tour in that area a couple of years ago.

7. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    thanks guys. managed to find somebody willing to put a specific tour together for our group of 12.
    will be going to 3 wineries with some nice views. walla wall vintners, amavi and patterson cellars.
    looking forward to it !

Dave46, Willdief and surfwolf like this.
  8. Dave46

Dave46 Formula Junior

Jun 5, 2006
    Central Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Davison
    I'd imagine that you have stopped there before but LeCole Number 41 winery at Lowden on 12 on the way to Walla Walla is a nice stop with some decent wine. A tasting fee but you get that applied to purchase.

9. david

david Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2001
    Northwest
    Full Name:
    david
    Not to be pedantic, but the winery is "L'Ecole No. 41". (French for school. It is in an old school building.) I'd have to agree with you that it's a nice place to stop. I happen to really like their merlot, but their other wines are definitely worth a try.

I offer this mild correction so the OP doesn't end up looking for a place that doesn't exist. Enjoy your Walla Walla Wine Tasting trip and congratulations on the graduation. I'm sure both student and parents are happy to achieve this milestone.