Winter 05 Spotted | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Winter 05 Spotted

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by RocketBoy, Feb 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I "took the F1 out" for a first practice session in Melbourne last night. Set a new personal best around the track, a full second quicker than last year.
    :)

2. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    LOL,Andreas! Yes,I was playing my Son's F1 Racing Game on his PS2. And,watching some of the F1 Races that I have taped last year,and years before...

As far as Actual Cars out on the Street...So far,have only seen a few of the New C6 Corvettes,(Awesome Car!!!...:) ) And,a few assorted Bentley Continental GT's. (Silver,Grey,and Black.) But,that's it..."Nuttin' from It-ly!"...:)

3. P.Webb

P.Webb Rookie

Feb 8, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Peter Webb
    Yep that was me. Usually on my way to Burr Ridge for a 6:30 rehearsal every Wednesday. You'll see it at Autobahn in 2 months. However I think people will be MUCH more interested in your cars than an over-built Roman taxi cab.

-Peter

4. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    While out at lunch, saw a silver Bentley GT race a silver and modded ( do fart cans count? ) 300 ZX off a stoplight at Lake-Cook and Buffalo Grove roads. Bentley easily pulled away. Where was Geeves?

Glad to see the Bentley win but at noon at a busy intersection? Anywho...

RocketBoy

5. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    A black Vanquish with LFSC plates on Waukegan rd in L.Bluff,tried to race me ,lost badly.(last Thursday ,10 AM)

6. Lost to the S600 huh. ? Nice

I seen a Silver 550 Maranello today on rt 83 today near libertyville/lake bluff. Also seen a gorgous SRT/10 on the edens close to Fields BMW/Jeep I heard him with the windows up from the opposite lane. Seen him twice there and back I believe the top was down also.

7. caps8419

caps8419 Karting

Aug 20, 2004
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Full Name:
    michael
    i saw a silver 550 as well on Rush in the Gold Coast. saw a black conti gt... and a nice red maserati coupe.

-mike

ps. havn't yet watched the race (no cable) but at least barrichello got some points!!!!
    :-(

8. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Blue 355 spyder on Algonquin near Carpentersville.

Red 360 Spyder with Continental plates 5 minutes later on Barrington in Schaumburg.

They would have seen a 575 but alas, low battery. Putting a recharge on it will not be fun given the 575's oddball battery placement.

RocketBoy

9. cubbyman60

cubbyman60 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2004
    LA
    360 spider from a distance getting off the highway (41?) in lake forest.

10. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank

LOL! Yes,when I bought my Car at LFSC over 4 Years ago. They were laughing about most of their Springtime Vehicle maintenance....Namely,having to go over to homes,mostly along the "North Shore", just to jumpstart or replace the batteries in these Cars....That are Not driven much,but when it gets warm out,the "Bug" hits,and they want to go for a spin....Then,probably put it right back in the garage. Put the Cover on it,and let it sit 'til next Spring...:)

David,get a Battery Tender installed. All you need to do is plug it in. It will charge only as needed,then shut off automatically. Best investment that I made,when,at the same time,I bought an Optima Battery...get one of those,too.

11. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    My T-Bird in Florida is on one. It works just fine. Shove some fuel cleaner in the car and it goes without a problem. The biggest problem I had when I would zip between living in Florida and Chicago was the gas lines getting clogged in the cars. What ticks me off about the 575 is that I started it, drove it for about an hour, once/twice a month since New Years. Ach! Looks like Im on my way to Sams for a quick starter and another tender. However, the battery on the car is stuck towards the passenger side rear of the hood where bulky connectors will have difficulty fitting through. Its not like the Ford, Hummer or Durango to which once you open the hood everything is in front. The engine on the 575 looks so cool I hate to even shamois off some dust for fear of breaking something. Regardless, it is going in for service soon and I will be out of spending money.

RocketBoy

12. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    LFSC currently has a special discounted rate for maintenance and service. It'll end this month, so better hurry.

13. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Oh yeah...don't forget to add some "Sta-Bil" to your Gas Tank....Gas supposedly starts Breaking Down after a Month or so....Starts getting a little varnishy,so I've heard. Probably more so with "Regular Gas". I always use Amoco 93 Octane Ultimate Premium. It has Fuel Injector Cleaner and all sorts of,again,supposed "Goodies" in it....(Yes,I too am ROTFLMAO on that one....:) )

But,I usually always add a bottle of the Best Fuel Injector Cleaner that I can find,when I am driving the Car in the Nice Weather Months. After every 3 or 4 Tankfuls. I also added a bottle,along with Sta-Bil when I parked it for the Winter. So,it should be O.K.

But,it will be nice to go on a Drive and burn off all of the Old Gas,and put in some Fresh.

14. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Saw a red Maser Coupe on Lake Cook near Lake Zurich I think. Looked very sharp. I doubt many people know what they are as I recall driving one and asking me if "that was the new Jag."

RocketBoy

15. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yellow,later model Lotus Espirit headed Eastbound on Roosevelt Rd.,(RT.38) in Lombard today around 11:30AM.....Looked nice

16. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore
    Was out driving the 328 today and drove by FVM while they where unloading some type of new Black Lamborgini... Looked REAL nice, i was drooling all the way down North Av..... :)

17. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Tod-

Glad you're out and about now.

I'll be back at the hospital the end of this month for appointments. When's your next appt.?

Skip

18. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore
    Hey Skip,

I have my next appointment this friday to see Dr. Palonco. Tomorrow i see a nurse at Central Dupage Hospital to start my Cardiac Theripy next week.

Tod

19. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yes,I want to "Spot" Skip and Tod this Weekend at the Karting Event! Glad to see that you guys are doing good! :)

Spotted: Yesterday,(Wed.) at around 11:30AM. A Black,(or very dark Grey) Bentley GT headed NorthBound on Summit Av. in Oakbrook Terrace. I've seen quite a few of these cars the past several Months. They seem to surely be a hit. A nice,New Bentley,for the price of a 9 year old Azure,or less.

20. caps8419

caps8419 Karting

Aug 20, 2004
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Full Name:
    michael
    spotted today a pure spotlessly clean Bentley Arnage (i think) on harlem + devon. Very clean! Unlike my own car :-(

-mike

21. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Spotted: Both today along Roosevelt Rd. in Lombard around 1:00PM......

First,a Brand New 2005 C6 Red Corvette CONVERTIBLE! Looked great,except that it was all filthy! For cryin' out loud!!!....:(

Then,just alittle bit down the road,a Really Old Guy-late 70's to early 80's,driving a Green,mid 1970's Corvette. You Go,Grampa!!!!...:)

22. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Ultimate sleeper car, Benz S65. Over 600 HP and 700 Trq in a big and luxurious 4 door sedan. Spotted on a trailer on I75 in Minnesota.

Sunday saw a wild orange Lotus Elise on Lake-Cook near Buffalo Grove. They look funky and neat, but still too go-kartish for me.

Also a dark blue, black or silver Bentley GT's spinning around the northwest burbs like Lake Zurich and Fox Lake.

RocketBoy

Spotted Sunday afternoon, 575M. Hey, I got it working again! What a glorious day for a drive, anyone else get out?

23. Roderick

Roderick Rookie

Mar 27, 2005
    I saw a red Lotus at the gas station and a Continental GT while leaving dinner, also, a black mucielago while driving and a Maybach at the cleaners, but the best one was a SL65 at the train station.

24. chasking

chasking Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Chuck King
    The Maserati Magnet Effect is still working: I was zipping around town this afternoon in the Biturbo---I had to take advantage of the weather to drop the top and take a cruise up Lake Shore Drive---and on the way home I saw another Maserati: a red coupe, on Montrose near Central.

(The Maserati Magnet Effect is that phenomenon by which for some reason I tend to see more other Maseratis when I'm driving around in my own.)

In other news, we closed on a new house this morning, and I now own my own garage! This should do wonders for my car-maintenance-and-improvement program.

25. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Congrats!

Looking into my crystal ball I see a lift and another Italian exotic...