Winter car storage? | FerrariChat

Winter car storage?

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by Webby, Jul 10, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    Does anybody have an extra garage spot or know where I could find one to store my car this winter? Better to be safe and start looking early. I would just want it to be heated and have a plug for a battery tender. I am willing to pay of course

2. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted
    I have a spot but its in Rockford. It would be on the top of a Benpak lift next to my Ferrari, heated and an electrical source. i don't rent it out normally, but its available.

3. pr3par32die

pr3par32die Formula 3

Sep 11, 2010
    Skokie
    Full Name:
    Matt
    You don't want to be bold and drive it? I'm just messing :p good luck. If all else fails, I hear LFSC can store more than just Ferraris....

4. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Lake forest Sportscars. Per month lease $250 a month. They have in and out service any time.

5. adam76

adam76 Karting

Aug 28, 2008
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Adam
    If you want something in the city...TopStore.com . Otherwise can't go wrong with LFSC!

6. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    Call Joe or Greg Paukner @ Personalized Automotive Service.
    262-925-7020
    they are mechanics (service my 308)
    I kept a car there over the winter, heated, battery tender, etc.
    very reasonable
    Located in Kenosha. Take the train there!

7. badges2

badges2 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    Geneva, IL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    #7 badges2, Jul 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. adam76

adam76 Karting

Aug 28, 2008
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Adam

What a depressing post...let's refrain from those types of reminders during the summer : )

9. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    Thanks guys, looks like I have a lot of options. Valenzo, I will probably go with one of the ones closer to me, but thanks!

10. Ivan Rajic

Ivan Rajic Karting

Jul 18, 2011
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Ivan Rajic
    My partners, Underground Autosports, do car storage over the winter but I don't know how many spots are available and I don't know the current cost. You can contact Brandon at (847) 278-1040 and inquire about it. We're in Hoffman Estates on Golf and Roselle.

11. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted
    Don't blame you. Just thought I'd offer it to you, it will remain empty.

12. silver1331

silver1331 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 9, 2009
    for topstore you cant do in and out fyi. are you in the city? Before i bought and moved my cars into my warehouse i had a small private garage on lower wacker. only big enough for one car but had another 100sf for storage. it was like 240 a month. PM me if you want info.

13. adam76

adam76 Karting

Aug 28, 2008
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Adam
    They actually do if you speak with them, i have done it before...but given its a winter storage, doubt there will be much in and out. Their prices are also some of the best, they provide cover and tenders if you do not have. They also have detailing and tire swap services available.

14. silver1331

silver1331 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 9, 2009
    by in and out i meant full access to the vehicle so you could drive it freely or work on it etc, i should have clarified. Tehre are times when i have put a car for winter storage and the weather was accomodating till november. When i met with them (and this was 5 years ago) they said you would have to call ahead and they would charge you some amount to take your car out (was like $25) or something plus it would have to be within their business hours. that may have changed.

15. adam76

adam76 Karting

Aug 28, 2008
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Yea, it is not full access like you describe, must call ahead within biz hours but I do not recall any fees when I have pulled it for a day or 2, weather permitting.