wolfmans, unique “Older Formula One” collection | Page 3 | FerrariChat

wolfmans, unique “Older Formula One” collection

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by WOLFMAN, Aug 8, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WOLFMAN

WOLFMAN Formula 3

Jun 2, 2006
    Germany and US
    Full Name:
    Gerd W. Brandt.
    Thank you, I must admit they do look good. Even though, I like the newer versions as well.

wolfman

2. Mahzari

Mahzari Rookie

Aug 25, 2009
    California
    I would agree with you, right up to 2008. The current series looks funky with the small rear wing and very wide front splitter. However, looking back, every year's car looks different enough to identify but you can tell they come from the same comment ancestor.

3. WOLFMAN

WOLFMAN Formula 3

Jun 2, 2006
    Germany and US
    Full Name:
    Gerd W. Brandt.
    I absolute agree with you. The late F60 does not look good at all, but that also includes the other F1 cars.
    I am a passionate Ferrari F1 collector and builder. That means I also collect the ugly F60. But who knows, many years from now that maybe a very rare version??

wolfman

4. WOLFMAN

WOLFMAN Formula 3

Jun 2, 2006
    Germany and US
    Full Name:
    Gerd W. Brandt.
    #54 WOLFMAN, Aug 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    I'm curious--how do you stencil the tires on the small scale? I used to build 1:12 and 1:20 and it was easy to paint the Goodyear stamps and just scrape away any excess.

6. Mahzari

Mahzari Rookie

Aug 25, 2009
    California
    Nicely put. I mean, who knows, in 30 years the rules could be completely different and people would remember the F60 as the car with KERS (which could be a big deal in the future). Regardless, you can't pick and chose in a collection.

7. WOLFMAN

WOLFMAN Formula 3

Jun 2, 2006
    Germany and US
    Full Name:
    Gerd W. Brandt.
    I don’t think the rules and changes on F1 cars will take that long.
    I will say that much about the F60, it will be a sought after model in a few years.
    Just like the F300 "Tower Wing", San Marino GP 1998, it lasted only one race.
    But now, every F1 collector must have a Tower wing in his collection. Myself, I have 3 different scale versions.

wolfman

8. Mahzari

Mahzari Rookie

Aug 25, 2009
    California
    Your F1 knowledge impresses me and goes way farther than mine. I've been watching F1 with my brother and father for as long as I can remember, but my time only goes back to Mika versus Michael.

Looking at past F1 cars, they have had so many different engines (Inline-4, V8, V10, V12) and so many different design ideas. There have been skinny F1 cars that were streamline, F1 cars with huge splitters and wings; at one point people were testing 6-wheeled cars.

9. WOLFMAN

WOLFMAN Formula 3

Jun 2, 2006
    Germany and US
    Full Name:
    Gerd W. Brandt.
    #59 WOLFMAN, Aug 27, 2009
  10. WOLFMAN

WOLFMAN Formula 3

Jun 2, 2006
    Germany and US
    Full Name:
    Gerd W. Brandt.
    Well, my F1 time goes back to the 60’, were I seen and spoken to Jim Clark, Mc Laren, Jack Brabham, Niki Lauda, Sterling Moss and many other drivers. All of the above were at the Nürburgring and Hockenheim.

As for the 6-wheelers, the famous one was the Tyrrell P34 which actually raced. At the Swedish GP in 1976 the Tyrrell P34 took 1st and 2nd place.

wolfman

11. Mahzari

Mahzari Rookie

Aug 25, 2009
    California
    Interesting stuff, looking at where F1 currently is I wish the FOTA would have started their own series. Next year it looks like there are going to be many changes, that, in my opinion, make the sport worse. For example, no refueling during the race. To me it looks like the FIA is changing rules just for the sake of changing the sport.

12. WOLFMAN

WOLFMAN Formula 3

Jun 2, 2006
    Germany and US
    Full Name:
    Gerd W. Brandt.
    I fully agree with you on the FIA rules. Their latest rule of no more refueling is taking the spices out of the race. It’s time to have a new President taking over FIA.
    Hope it will be Jean Todt, he knows all about F1 racing.

wolfman

13. WOLFMAN

WOLFMAN Formula 3

Jun 2, 2006
    Germany and US
    Full Name:
    Gerd W. Brandt.
    #63 WOLFMAN, Aug 28, 2009
  14. Mahzari

Mahzari Rookie

Aug 25, 2009
    California
    It's been going downhill for a while but it never affected the competition. But they've been limiting engine sizes, power, and aero packages for long enough. With this year and next years planned changes... It's looking bad. I mean why are they trying to make Formula 1 cheaper? It is the most premium motorsport.

15. WOLFMAN

WOLFMAN Formula 3

Jun 2, 2006
    Germany and US
    Full Name:
    Gerd W. Brandt.

FIA and there silly rules supposed to save money.
    2005 was the last year they were using the 10cyl. Engine.
    In 2006 all Teams had the new developed 8cyl engines. All that money they had to put into developing that engine could have been saved and just downgrade the 10cyl engine for less horsepower.
    In the year 2009 the new KERS was developed and tried out by several teams. What a waste of development money again. Not all teams are required to have or use the KERS system.
    Mosley and his stupid ideas have cost the teams big money.
    I just hope the new FIA President will have more common sense!

wolfman

16. WOLFMAN

WOLFMAN Formula 3

Jun 2, 2006
    Germany and US
    Full Name:
    Gerd W. Brandt.
    #66 WOLFMAN, Aug 29, 2009
  17. Mahzari

Mahzari Rookie

Aug 25, 2009
    California
    The only question I have is: What was wrong the with 2008 season? Decided on the last race, on the last corner. I did not miss a race and I loved every minute of it. They really shouldn't mess with a winning formula. (No pun intended :))

18. WOLFMAN

WOLFMAN Formula 3

Jun 2, 2006
    Germany and US
    Full Name:
    Gerd W. Brandt.
    #68 WOLFMAN, Aug 30, 2009
  19. WOLFMAN

WOLFMAN Formula 3

Jun 2, 2006
    Germany and US